Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
News and Articles
- Official Haxe
4.3.1announcement. Available to download now from GitHub and Haxe.org!
- Predictable constructors in Haxe article by 0b1kn00b. ️
- Armory3D May 2023 release notes.
- Logo has been working on a list of people in the Haxe community on open platforms such as Mastodon.
- Haxe.Social is a new unofficial Akkoma instance for Haxe developers and projects.
In case you missed it
v1.6has been released!
- Variadic constructors in Haxe article by 0b1kn00b.
- OpenFL devlog: NativeWindow, Lime’s Haxe and C++ bridge, and improved cleanup article by Josh Tynjala.
- Triggering Haxe functions from within OpenFL TextField HTML links article by Allan Dowdeswell.
- 💀Perilous Icons
1.1.0by Oleg Dolya.
- LDtk, the free level editor has reached version
1.3.0! Check out the full patchnotes and upcoming JSON changes. Grab it for free!
- Dune: Spice Wars | April Development Update.
[devlog]Fraymakers EA Update
0.5.9- Optimization and Custom Content Error Detection post.
Videos & Music
- Reacting to GameFromScratch’s thoughts on HaxeFlixel
5.0.0video by Richard Oliver Bray.
- No More Lost Progress: Save Games in RPG Playground video.
- Northgard | Trials of Odin Official trailer.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- Building a simple game in Armory 3D - Beginners tutorial part 2.
- Armory 3D can be like Unreal engine.
- Vallas Backrooms video by Merrak.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
Looking for work
- Alex Johansson is looking for a part time/contractor role.
- Rudy Geslin is available for freelance work.
- Backend Haxe devs wanted to make PVP deltarune fangame listing.
- Ysbryd Games is looking for HaxePunk porters for a potential future title.
- Sean James McKenzie of Armor Games Studios is looking for a team experienced in porting Haxe games to console.
- Corrun is looking for an experienced Haxe programmer to make a deltarune engine.
- Armory3D bounties are available.
- Keep an eye on the Funkin Bounties repo for future items.
- Basic Platformer Pathfinding AI for HaxeFlixel
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
Product Releases & Announcements
- Northgard - Trials of Odin Update Out Now!
- Dead Cells - The 34th Dead Cells update “Clean Cut” is now live!
In case you missed it
Previews & Demos
- Why Deliver Y?, a vaguely noir puzzle game.
- FedUp - A Flying Delivery game by Jeff Ward.
- Dressed Delivery - Three women embark on a journey to find a place in life.
- Delivering Parcelman - Your good friend Travelling Salesman has introduce you to a Parcel delivery job. Will you do your job well or will you get fired?
- Flipping Finches - You are a finch known as the flip master. You always flip when turning in the air. You need to deliver a parcel. Hopefully you can deliver it intact!
- Haul and Pray - “I am only accepted as long as I am useful. If I don’t earn my keep, if I don’t constantly prove my worth, I might as well just disappear. And wouldn’t that be better for everyone?”
- B.H.M.D.S - Black Hole Manipulation Delivery System. A simple game about manipulating gravity to get your packets flying to the right places.
1.3.2have been released.
git- A Haxe Engine.io implementation.
git- A Haxe Socket.io implementation.
git- Ini file parser in stx_parse.
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
Some Library Releases
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
People & Projects to support
- Axol Studio is a small independent game development studio, making games with and contributing to HaxeFlixel.
- Funkin’ Crew is making Friday Night Funkin’, a cartoon rhythm gaming excellence.
- Patrick is creating Raspberry Pi 4 support for Haxe/Lime/OpenFL/HaxeFlixel.
- Josh Tynjala is working on Feathers UI — open source, cross-platform UI components built with OpenFL.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
Updates from the Haxe core
Current Proposals & Discussions
- Add support for a new
- Add support for Extension of Abstracts proposal.
- Add Shading proposal with alt macro solution.
- Add package alias proposal.
- Add Integer data types proposal.
- Add Trailing Block Expressions proposal.
- Add Caller Tracking proposal.
- Add Traits proposal.
- Add Constructor
- Add new syntax for getters & setters inspired by the
C#property syntax proposal.
- Add a type for meaningless values (similar to unit type) proposal.
- Add better Overload Support proposal.
- Add Static Extension Meta Functions proposal.
enumproposal, plus clarification.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
27~ updates have been made to Haxe in the last week.
4.3.7has been released.
- Allow non constant “inline” var init with
- Call typing vs. expected enums issue.
[eval]Local static var - Instance constructor not found:
[macro]Possible bug in
@:autoBuildmeta order issue.
EFieldKindmesses with macro pattern matching issue.
[macro]LSP/macro type reification: Defining 0-ary function as a type parameter with a reified return type messes up LSP outline issue.
In case you missed it
- Module resolution changes explained. ️
- RenameVars cleanup merged.
- hl analyzer since version
- Recursive inline is not supported on enum abstract constructor issue.
[cpp]Double throw generated in cpp
- Go to definition problem with final assign issue.
__hxcpp_parse_intnow parses hex numbers with wrapping as before pull request.
Voidas value error disappears on second compilation issue.
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe and see the impact the latest changes have on each target by browsing the benchmarks site. Head over to OSS Insights for more Haxe statistics.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and see you next week.