Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
[events/upcoming]HaxeJam 2023: Winter Jam will start February 6th. ️
- Presenting Haxe-Neovim by Daniel Rodriguez Rivero.
- Please Excuse The Mess article about the state of Patches of Adventure and other projects by Robert Clemmons Jr.
- Yesterday was Timothy Ian Hely’s birthday and you can pay what you want for Axol Studio’s games for one week!
- Base customization for different play styles in Citadelic by Kirill Poletaev.
- Cave/Glade Generator
2.0.1: improved glades by Oleg Dolya.
v0.3by kyatt7 is now available.
0.4.18- Bug Fixes, New Sprites and More!
- Follow up to the set of Haxe libs “Core Haxe”. Bunch of new libs added: json-rpc, db-core, db-mysql, mysql, db-sqlite, sqlite, libsqlite3, queues-core, queues-rabbitmq, rabbitmq.
- Logo has been working on a list of people in the Haxe community on open platforms such as Mastodon.
- Haxe.Social is a new unofficial Akkoma instance for Haxe developers and projects.
In case you missed it
- New set of libraries & initiative: “Core Haxe” announcement.
- Debugging Hxcpp Programs with Sourcemaps article by Aidan Lee. ️
1.2.0is out! Happy new year!
- ⛏️Cave Generator
2.0.0: glade view article by Oleg Dolya.
- ❄️Winter Wreaths article by Oleg Dolya.
- Fraymakers Early Access Arrives on January 18th!
- Wartales: Major Update
[devlog]Energy Island Corp: Major Update
[devlog]Dune: Spice Wars - December Dev Update.
- Building an online multiplayer browser game with Haxe and Colyseus - Part 2 by Richard Oliver Bray.
- How to use NodeTrees properly in Armory 3D.
- Character controller tutorial in Armory 3D.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- Rogue of Vallas Mineshaft Level.
- Interview with a Developer video.
- Big things for Armory 3D in 2023 video.
- Custom Graphics in RPG Playground.
- Gunman Clive Joins Fraymakers!
- Northgard | Cross of Vidar Launch Trailer.
- Raycasting Explained in Armory 3D.
- Using Tweens in Armory 3D for smooth animations.
- Armory 3D’s single biggest update - January 2023
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Rudy Geslin is available for freelance work.
- Corrun is looking for an experienced Haxe programmer to make a deltarune engine.
- Fire Falcom are actively looking for Gaming Platform Programmers.
- Little team is looking for a Haxe developer to work on HTML5 games.
- Keep an eye on the Funkin Bounties repo for future items.
- Five new Armory3D bounties have been listed.
- Basic Platformer Pathfinding AI for HaxeFlixel
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- After 5 years Thomas Uster has released an update for Pakka Pets iPhone.
- TD2S by Skyfire2008 is finally completed, play it on Newgrounds.
- Abundance, a 2.5D metroidvania by Aurel.
- Jerry and the Sunlight entry by Jérémy Faivre.
- Grow Golf entry by torcado.
- Crop Rotation entry by ZwodahS.
- Space Harvest 9000! entry by Vasco.
- Goblin Sylvester the Mighty Harvester entry by Yanrishatum (Pavel Alexandrov), Devilsmile and Shess.
- Here is what can happen when you have access to the Haxe ecosystem inside Godot Engine: pull grig.midi and use your midi-controller as input-source in your HxGodot game.
- What a run! Michael Bickel managed to fix all major crashes across all platforms (even apple silicon). Now it’s time for some onboarding docs and we can slowly add the missing bits and pieces and see what explodes next. Join HxGodot channel on Haxe Discord Server!
- Here are hxgodot-cpp
gitwhich integrates Haxe and its HXCPP target runtime via the Godot 4.x GDExtension into Godot 4.x. Plussquash-the-creeps-3d-hxgodot
- Gepatto is making a Raspberry Pi version of the haxoban Flixel demo by Graham Marlow, using Kenny assets and some tweaks.
- Armcat lib by tong allows to convert binary Armory3D arm files to json and vice versa.
gitis a Discord API Wrapper by Furret for Haxe.
[openfl]Allow using Eval to run Lime tools pull request.
1.2.4has been released.
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- bonk bonk bonk from Renaine.
- Jeff Ward didn’t make a game for LD 52, but played with gameBase lib.
- An Atari STe game uses LDtk level editor which has made Sébastien Benard’s day. Check out the preview.
- AI in
WIPCornell’s Daly game can now fight back!
- Joelgervasi is designing more randomly generated levels, lots of refactoring as of late, as well as some updated gfx for combat. Lots of cool stuff for Scraps of Light very soon.
- Couple of quick videos from WIP platformer game by MortMort:
- Ando is making more levels for Chibi Ninja Shino-kun. And here couple of quick videos from the game:
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Axol Studio is a small independent game development studio, making games with and contributing to HaxeFlixel.
- Funkin’ Crew is making Friday Night Funkin’, a cartoon rhythm gaming excellence.
- Patrick is creating Raspberry Pi 4 support for Haxe/Lime/OpenFL/HaxeFlixel.
- Josh Tynjala is working on Feathers UI — open source, cross-platform UI components built with OpenFL.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Add Integer data types proposal.
- Add Trailing Block Expressions proposal.
- Add Caller Tracking proposal.
- Add Traits proposal.
- Add Constructor
- Add new syntax for getters & setters inspired by the
C#property syntax proposal.
- Add a type for meaningless values (similar to unit type) proposal.
- Add better Overload Support proposal.
- Add Static Extension Meta Functions proposal.
enumproposal, plus clarification.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
16~ updates have been made to Haxe in the last week.
[lua]Lua multi return is not properly treated in the generated output issue.
[lua]Modify default lua native bitops library from bit to bit32 pull request.
[hl]Unify stack traces with other targets issue.
- Update to dune
In case you missed it
- Floats being treated as Ints in interp mode issue.
analyzer-user-var-fusiondirective seems to be ignored in nightly issue.
-D no-inlinebreaks map literals in HashLink issue.
- Clean up field-level errors merged.
[ci]Improved CI build times merged.
[typer]Better error messages when importing nonexistent subtypes / fields merged.
[hxcpp]Libuv Asys Implementation draft pull request.
[hashlink]Easier build on M1 pull request.
[lua]Rest from Array doesn’t work properly issue.
[lua]Respect lua-vanilla for Json.parse merged.
[lua]Remove haxe-deps and directly reference dependencies; re-enable CI merged.
[jvm]Rest from Array doesn’t work properly issue.
[js]UInt inconsistent result across targets issue.
[js]Fix type names in debugger pull request. ️
@:requirecannot be put together fixed.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and see you next week.