Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
[upcoming/event]Join the next Haxe Roundup Roundup discord voice chat on November 27th.
- Dead Cells - Fancy helping us test some new Dead Cells content in December?
- Fraymakers - Tester Build Update
v0.4.10- Frame Lengthening Support for Online Mode article.
- Dune: Spice Wars had been nominated for Best Sim / Strategy at this year’s The Game Awards. Go cast your vote now!
- Via the Haxe Discord server, A Big update from Aidan Lee on Hxcppdbg progress. ️
In case you missed it
- UK Meet Spring 2023 discussion.
- Minicology Alpha
0.8.6Jellyfish invasions, Event Tag & Tutorial improvements.
- Alpha Demo release for Minicology - Nanotech & Woperator reveal.
- The Everyone is Here Vol. II update for Dead Cells is out now!
- Content Push – DQ2 Progress Report for October 2022 by Lars Doucet.
- Let’s Play Bring It On! Episode 01 - Featuring Black Magix.
- New tilesets on RPG Playground.
- Animated plants in Armory 3D tutorial.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Rudy Geslin is available for freelance work.
- Fire Falcom are actively looking for Gaming Platform Programmers.
- Hacksaw Studios are looking for a Haxe developer to join their team working on the core framework. EU candidates preferred & position is remote friendly.
- Saga Education, “a leading provider of in-person and online tutoring products, currently has multiple openings for Software Engineers”, Staff Software Engineer, plus one other technical positions.
- Little team is looking for a Haxe developer to work on HTML5 games.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Senior Game Programmer.
- Five new Armory3D bounties have been listed.
- Basic Platformer Pathfinding AI for HaxeFlixel
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- TD2S changelog
- Jeremy Fa shared a video of a text rendering demo in Ceramic Engine.
- Daniel Roberts has shared some screenshots from Endor
[openfl]Remove the defunct Kha backend pull request.
[cosy]Refactor mutable pull request.
- Via the Haxe Discord server, “Bit of trolling” is working on Trax, a native web framework for Haxe.
git- Simple terminal based Todo app in Haxe.
git- Basic implementation of QuadTree algorithm for collision detection.
git- Simple Match4 Game Client/Server In Haxe.
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- Kyatt7 showed working multiplayer mode in There Was A Mixup At The Factory!
- When the death animation doesn’t work properly in new
WIPgame by Robert Alvarez.
- Putting in final touches on the Renaine’s build on a plane.
- New GIF and quick videos from Chibi Ninja Shino-kun: Treasure of Demon Tower by Ando:
- New character art from Addlemoth by mauve:
From the Haxe Discord server
- ZwodahS started working on a deckbuilder city building game. Here is the deckbuilding screen.
- Michael Bickel has 2 more nasty things to fix then the first version of the tutorial game (being made with HxGodot-CPP) is fully working!
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Axol Studio is a small independent game development studio, making games with and contributing to HaxeFlixel.
- Funkin’ Crew is making Friday Night Funkin’, a cartoon rhythm gaming excellence.
- Patrick is creating Raspberry Pi 4 support for Haxe/Lime/OpenFL/HaxeFlixel.
- Josh Tynjala is working on Feathers UI — open source, cross-platform UI components built with OpenFL.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Add Caller Tracking proposal.
- Add Traits proposal.
- Add Constructor
- Add new syntax for getters & setters inspired by the
C#property syntax proposal.
- Add a type for meaningless values (similar to unit type) proposal.
- Add better Overload Support proposal.
- Add Static Extension Meta Functions proposal.
enumproposal, plus clarification.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
29~ updates have been made to Haxe in the last week.
In case you missed it
haxe.Int64instead of a class merged.
- Register custom metadata to completion provider feature request.
- Analyzer Fusion order of operations issue.
- Final variables raise inconsistent errors for overloaded assignment ops issue.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and see you next week.