Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
[event/upcoming]Join the next Haxe Roundup Roundup discord voice chat on November 13th.
- UK Meet Spring 2023 discussion.
- Minicology Alpha
0.8.6Jellyfish invasions, Event Tag & Tutorial improvements.
- Alpha Demo release for Minicology - Nanotech & Woperator reveal.
- The Everyone is Here Vol. II update for Dead Cells is out now!
- Content Push – DQ2 Progress Report for October 2022 by Lars Doucet.
In case you missed it
- Dead Cells: Everyone is Here Vol. II - Gameplay Trailer
- How to make a full casual game in Armory 3D by Exceptional 3D Tutorials.
- New videos on Armory 3D Community Channel:
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Rudy Geslin is available for freelance work.
- Fire Falcom are actively looking for Gaming Platform Programmers.
- Hacksaw Studios are looking for a Haxe developer to join their team working on the core framework. EU candidates preferred & position is remote friendly.
- Saga Education, “a leading provider of in-person and online tutoring products, currently has multiple openings for Software Engineers”, Staff Software Engineer, plus one other technical positions.
- Little team is looking for a Haxe developer to work on HTML5 games.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Senior Game Programmer.
- Five new Armory3D bounties have been listed.
- Basic Platformer Pathfinding AI for HaxeFlixel
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
In case you missed it
- The soundtrack for “In Your Books” is now available on Steam, with a
- Spooky Theatre update for Tightrope Theatre is out now!
- Northgard is currently
70%off on Steam until November 6th!
- “The game where you catch pumpkins” is available on itch.io, made with HaxeFlixel and with source available on GitHub.
- zzox (tyler) has released “deathened” - a short RPG made with Kha. You can play it on itch.io and Newgrounds.
- Snazzy new, and more importantly, up-to-date HaxeUI documentation is now available! via Ian Harrigan
- Via the Haxe Discord server, Jeremy Fa is working on a new example project for Ceramic users that shows how to display text, change font, alignment, maximum width…
githas been merged.
0.17.4has been released.
git- An example of Haxe extern for a C binding for a Rust lib by Thomas J Web.
git- Parser and engine for stories, events and dialogs parsed from xml.
git- I heard you like tools, so I made tools to make tools.
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- Mauve’s character art for Addlemoth is slowly improving its way out of “looks like webcomic art” territory.
- SnkyGames are back from holiday and working on their Star Fox game clone.
- Freestyle Engine Dev Build : 001.
- Level 2 of Footgolf coming together.
- The next Mine Blocks update is officially 50% complete.
- New screenshots and quick videos from Chibi Ninja Shino-kun: Treasure of Demon Tower by Ando:
- Makin’ levels.
- There probably are less dangerous ways to transport fire balls from one place to another, but oh well.
- Alright, working on the menu wasn’t that bad so far. Added some new possible animations and two new item types: ranges and toggles.
- Back and forth. Back and forth. Don’t touch it.
- Official Shino-kun Key Art! is available for patrons.
- New screenshot and GIF from Bring It On! by Axol Studio:
- New quick videos from the upcoming update for THERE WAS A MIXUP AT THE FACTORY!:
From the Haxe Discord server
- 47rooks showcases their OpenGL with OpenFL and Lime progress:
- Axol Studio is a small independent game development studio, making games with and contributing to HaxeFlixel.
- Funkin’ Crew is making Friday Night Funkin’, a cartoon rhythm gaming excellence.
- Patrick is creating Raspberry Pi 4 support for Haxe/Lime/OpenFL/HaxeFlixel.
- Josh Tynjala is working on Feathers UI — open source, cross-platform UI components built with OpenFL.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Add Caller Tracking proposal.
- Add Traits proposal.
- Add Constructor
- Add new syntax for getters & setters inspired by the
C#property syntax proposal.
- Add a type for meaningless values (similar to unit type) proposal.
- Add better Overload Support proposal.
- Add Static Extension Meta Functions proposal.
enumproposal, plus clarification.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
50~ updates have been made to Haxe in the last week.