Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- hxRay devlog
#2: Binding Switch by ThePercentageGuy.
- Armory3D Release Notes - October 2022.10.
- Rebalancing – DQ2 Progress Report for September 2022 by Lars Doucet.
- Terranion and research tracker updates for Terrasavr by YellowAfterLife.
- Ando made Chibi Ninja Shino-kun Devlog
- Cathay Capital reportedly pours
€50minto Shiro Games.
- Dune: Spice Wars has been nominated for ‘Best Early Access Launch’ at this years Golden Joystick Awards.
- Wartales Major Update 2: The Great Gosenberg.
- There’s something for everyone in this short for Bring It On! by Axol Studios.
- Missing cool math games, check out Axol Studio games!
- Looking for a Halloween game, try Heck House by Axol Studio.
- Wartales | The Great Gosenberg release trailer by Shiro Games.
- Via the Haxe Discord server, Basically A Walking Simulator (B.A.W.S.): DEMO OUT! video by Spookin’_64.
In case you missed it
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Rudy Geslin is available for freelance work.
- Fire Falcom are actively looking for Gaming Platform Programmers.
- Hacksaw Studios are looking for a Haxe developer to join their team working on the core framework. EU candidates preferred & position is remote friendly.
- Saga Education, “a leading provider of in-person and online tutoring products, currently has multiple openings for Software Engineers”, Staff Software Engineer, plus one other technical positions.
- Little team is looking for a Haxe developer to work on HTML5 games.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Senior Game Programmer.
- Five new Armory3D bounties have been listed.
- Basic Platformer Pathfinding AI for HaxeFlixel
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
In case you missed it
In case you missed it.
- Drill Bill by Aurel and Eido Volta.
- Relay PeaJay and quick intro article by Aeveis made with HaxeFlixel.
- Tenjutsu, 48h game by Sébastien Benard. Play Tenjutsu on
itch.io, with source code available on GitHub.
- Help my pain by not so studio using HaxeFlixel, via Discord.
- Heartbeat by Yanrishatum
- Assault on Hartblood Hotel by fireslash
- Be Fast! by codescapade using aeons
- Near Death Sentence by jefvel.
- I’m Just Hungry by zwodahs.
- A small one by Oleg Dolya.
- Michael Bickel has covered the interop of all Godot engine built-in types with Haxe types with the help of some macros, abstracts, operator overloading and some type-safety + error reporting with callstacks. ️
git- A not-so-classic clone of Pong made in Heaps, Haxe.
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- Big lizard momma by Gourami for Renaine.
- NPC design in Addlemoth by mauve.
- “Shadows tiles” in Rogue of Vallas.
- New quick videos from Chibi Ninja Shino-kun:
From the Haxe Discord server
- 47rooks been playing with lower level GLSL access via OpenFL.
- Minecart trains with mounted cannons/chests/whatever structures you want to put in them in Minicology.
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Axol Studio is a small independent game development studio, making games with and contributing to HaxeFlixel.
- Funkin’ Crew is making Friday Night Funkin’, a cartoon rhythm gaming excellence.
- Patrick is creating Raspberry Pi 4 support for Haxe/Lime/OpenFL/HaxeFlixel.
- Josh Tynjala is working on Feathers UI — open source, cross-platform UI components built with OpenFL.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Add Caller Tracking proposal.
- Add Traits proposal.
- Add Constructor
- Add new syntax for getters & setters inspired by the
C#property syntax proposal.
- Add a type for meaningless values (similar to unit type) proposal.
- Add better Overload Support proposal.
- Add Static Extension Meta Functions proposal.
enumproposal, plus clarification.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
23~ updates have been made to Haxe in the last week.
[lua]Improve codegen for handling instance
Varfunctions pull request.
[hxcpp]Wrong result for
true == 1comparison when variables typed as
Warning : (WVarShadow)This variable shadows a previously declared variable issue.
In case you missed it
- Language server hangs due to duplicate
- Added API to
haxe.Httpfor multiple response headers with same name pull request.
[neko]Uncaught exception -
load.c(398): Invalid module issue.
xxxhides previous local declaration issue.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and see you next week.