Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
[events/today]The next HaxeIn event is today, at 18:00 CET. Check out the schedule.
1.5has been released! Read about the latest new components, examples and methods added in this big update! ️
- 🍂Autumn Wreaths article by Oleg Dolya.
- Hræsvelg: The clan of the Eagle have landed in Northgard.
- Game Objects RayGen devlog by thepercentageguy.
- Super Rare Games has partnered up with Terry Cavanagh to release Dicey Dungeons as a Switch physical for the first time! You can order it here.
- New Update for UPSQUID by Will Blanton: Tate mode, Music, Colors!
- NextRealm Bubbles Fun Debugging article by Peter Achberger.
- Josh Tynjala finishes up the release week of Feathers UI
v1.0with these latest articles:
In case you missed it
- Armory3D Release Notes - September Release.
- PogoGirl Devlog
#31: PogoGirl is Bouncing to Consoles! by Andrej.
- Bug Hunt – DQ2 Progress Report for August 2022 by Lars Doucet.
- Renaine Kickstarter Update
#37: Rollin’ Waves by Renaine.
- 🏡Village Generator
1.3.0: new trees and buildings article by Oleg Dolya.
- Mixup Factory
v0.2.0changelog by kyatt7.
- Josh Tynjala continues to celebrate Feathers UI
v1.0release with another week of announcements!
- The latest shorts on earning XP, the fall update and a new boss in Bring It On! by Axol Studios.
- Northgard - The Clan of the Eagle release trailer.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
- Axol Studio Bring It On! quick intro short, early release short and first boss short.
- Dead Cells - Break the Bank, Breaking Barriers and Enter the Panchaku mobile updates video.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Fire Falcom are actively looking for Gaming Platform Programmers.
- Hacksaw Studios are looking for a Haxe developer to join their team working on the core framework. EU candidates preferred & position is remote friendly.
- Saga Education, “a leading provider of in-person and online tutoring products, currently has multiple openings for Software Engineers”, Staff Software Engineer, plus one other technical positions.
- Little team is looking for a Haxe developer to work on HTML5 games.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Senior Game Programmer.
- Basic Platformer Pathfinding AI for HaxeFlixel
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Dead Cells Enter the Panchaku update is available on consoles.
- Bring It On!
v0.6is now Live!
- Renegade Racing by Paul Gene is now available on Amazon Fire Tablets and the Amazon Fire Stick.
- Via the Haxe Discord server, Sébastien Benard has updated Dungeon Crawler prototype with smoother rotations.
- Via the Haxe Discord server, New pre-alpha version of Rhythm Magus game (made with Ceramic) by Prexot.
- Timothy Ian Hely is working on Summer Game Jam Game - Starmanders. The Source is available on GitHub GBSummerJam2022
- Simple External Library example.
- Adding Haxe support to Starship shell prompt pull request. ️
2.25.0has been released with new inlay hints (here’s how to turn them off), automatic selection of Haxe configuration based on file name, support for inline markup and numeric separators / suffixes. ️
- Formatter update for try.haxe.org which supports inline markup and numeric separators / suffixes. Check out the demo.
gitnow has ‘Dash’ dot support.
- Ceramic engine new Pixel Platformer sample showcasing how to create a simple platformer with a map with Tiled Map Editor.
- Starling shockwave demo + source.
- Via the Haxe Discord server, Aidan Lee shares progress on Hxcppdbg:
[hxmath]Refactor hxmath test cases pull request.
[go2hx]Replace typedefs in
@:structInitclasses pull request.
0.17.1has been released!
git- Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL). ️
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
Via the Haxe Discord server
- Gank has recreated the Majin secret thingy in Haxe.
- Couple of screenshots showing a very early build of Wartales from back when it was looking a little more Northgard’y.
- SnkyGames is still experimenting with some bits in their Star Fox clone.
- A look at the first boss of Bring It On! by Axol Studio.
- Visual overhaul of HITTER’s pause menu.
- Mauve is working on finishing Somna’s sprite set once and for all for Addlemoth.
- Couple of animations by Gourami for Renaine:
- And chompy got a new petting animation in Renaine.
- New quick videos from CRYPTID by ysaml:
- Quick video from Chibi Ninja Shino-kun by Ando:
- Of course Chibi Ninja Shino-kun will feature moving platforms.
- Was tricky getting them to work, but carousel platforms are now in the game.
- Jerry Lee Lewis seems to have visited Demon Tower at some point.
- Here’s another move in arsenal: The dive kick! You’ll automatically start sliding when you hit the ground, so this is a good way to get some true ninja speed going.
- New GIFs and screenshots for Dungeon Crawler prototype by Sébastien Benard: ️
From the Haxe Discord server
- Video of
WIPAce Attorney engine by A Crazy Town.
- Tyler is building some stuff with Kha.
- GankDev recreated the Sonic CD sound test menu in Flixel.
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Axol Studio is a small independent game development studio, making games with and contributing to HaxeFlixel.
- Funkin’ Crew is making Friday Night Funkin’, a cartoon rhythm gaming excellence.
- Patrick is creating Raspberry Pi 4 support for Haxe/Lime/OpenFL/HaxeFlixel.
- Josh Tynjala is working on Feathers UI — open source, cross-platform UI components built with OpenFL.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Add Traits proposal.
- Add Constructor
- Add new syntax for getters & setters inspired by the
C#property syntax proposal.
- Add a type for meaningless values (similar to unit type) proposal.
- Add better Overload Support proposal.
- Add Static Extension Meta Functions proposal.
enumproposal, plus clarification.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
12~ updates have been made to Haxe in the last week.
[cpp]Add compiler metadata to append/prepend content to type/field definitions in header files pull request.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and see you next week.