Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
[upcoming/events]HaxeIn 2022 September event has been announcement. ️
- Maybe Michael Bickel will talk at upcoming HaxeIn event.
- Armory3D Release Notes - September Release.
- PogoGirl Devlog
#31: PogoGirl is Bouncing to Consoles! by Andrej.
- Bug Hunt – DQ2 Progress Report for August 2022 by Lars Doucet.
- Renaine Kickstarter Update
#37: Rollin’ Waves by Renaine.
- 🏡Village Generator
1.3.0: new trees and buildings article by Oleg Dolya.
- Mixup Factory
v0.2.0changelog by kyatt7.
- Josh Tynjala continues to celebrate Feathers UI
v1.0release with another week of announcements!
In case you missed it
- Josh Tynjala celebrates Feathers UI
v1.0release with a week of announcements:
- Introducing: House Corrino for Dune: Spice Wars.
- Osaka Red LLC has created a new Twitter account for all grig-related updates. ️
- Abstract macro operator overloading question.
- Sébastien Benard is working on a Dungeon Master engine. The idea is to stay true 2D, but use modern tricks to still look cool: smooth transitions, fake walls depth, colored shadows etc. You can try playable WebGL build also!
- Axol Studio Bring It On! quick intro short, early release short and first boss short.
- Dead Cells - Break the Bank, Breaking Barriers and Enter the Panchaku mobile updates video.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Hacksaw Studios are looking for a Haxe developer to join their team working on the core framework. EU candidates preferred & position is remote friendly.
- Saga Education, “a leading provider of in-person and online tutoring products, currently has multiple openings for Software Engineers”, Staff Software Engineer, plus one other technical positions.
- Little team is looking for a Haxe developer to work on HTML5 games.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Senior Game Programmer.
- Basic Platformer Pathfinding AI for HaxeFlixel
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Dead Cells Enter the Panchaku update is available on consoles.
- Bring It On!
v0.6is now Live!
- Renegade Racing by Paul Gene is now available on Amazon Fire Tablets and the Amazon Fire Stick.
- Via the Haxe Discord server, Sébastien Benard has updated Dungeon Crawler prototype with smoother rotations.
- Via the Haxe Discord server, New pre-alpha version of Rhythm Magus game (made with Ceramic) by Prexot.
In case you missed it
- Printersim, “a game that defies convention” and which is made entirely with Haxe is available on Steam.
- Future Knight DX, “is a fan remake of the 1986 game “Future Knight” by Gremlin Graphics Software” made with HaxeFlixel, available on itch.io with source available on GitHub. Created by John.
- IriySoft has made a new level pack for Cursed Treasure game (originally published at 2010).
- Via the Haxe Discord server, Shahar has released EZWorksheet. The app itself isnt 100% complete, but is now out for people to try it out, and help to improve it even more. Here is also repo for bug reports.
git- Generate documentation with tests for go2hx generated Haxe code.
git- Haxe externs and tools for UE5.
git- Tools for parsing INI files and using them in Haxe.
git- Haxe engine built on top of Raylib. Not designed to be used yet, very early in development.
git- Haxe native extension for the Steam API.
git- Haxe + Unreal Engine ❤ by ʇ0mmy.
2.8.2has been released!
[fnf]The Transparent Windows And Multi-Windows for Haxeflixel are now public. via TaeYai.
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
Via the Haxe Discord server
- Platformer sample for Ceramic is coming along, with ladders, one-direction collisions working…
- Better to avoid the giant swinging balls in Chibi Ninja Shino-kun by Ando.
- Ysaml is working on CRYPTID - a roguelite deck building game.
From the Haxe Discord server
- Naoya has tried CRT shader in HITTER.
- ZwodahS has integrated Steam achievements in Dice Tribes: Ambitions.
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Axol Studio is a small independent game development studio, making games with and contributing to HaxeFlixel.
- Funkin’ Crew is making Friday Night Funkin’, a cartoon rhythm gaming excellence.
- Patrick is creating Raspberry Pi 4 support for Haxe/Lime/OpenFL/HaxeFlixel.
- Josh Tynjala is working on Feathers UI — open source, cross-platform UI components built with OpenFL.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Add Traits proposal.
- Add Constructor
- Add new syntax for getters & setters inspired by the
C#property syntax proposal.
- Add a type for meaningless values (similar to unit type) proposal.
- Add better Overload Support proposal.
- Add Static Extension Meta Functions proposal.
enumproposal, plus clarification.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
12~ updates have been made to Haxe in the last week.
In case you missed it
[cpp]Add compiler metadata to append/prepend content to type/field definitions in header files pull request.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and see you next week.