Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
[upcoming/events]Aurel invites to join for Alakajam this weekend!
[upcoming/events]HaxeIn 2022 September event has been announcement. ️
- Maybe Michael Bickel will talk at upcoming HaxeIn event.
- Josh Tynjala celebrates Feathers UI
v1.0release with a week of announcements:
- Introducing: House Corrino for Dune: Spice Wars.
- Osaka Red LLC has created a new Twitter account for all grig-related updates. ️
- Abstract macro operator overloading question.
- Sébastien Benard is working on a Dungeon Master engine. The idea is to stay true 2D, but use modern tricks to still look cool: smooth transitions, fake walls depth, colored shadows etc. You can try playable WebGL build also!
In case you missed it
- Shiro Games Gamescom Announcements.
- The Fraymakers Tester Build has officially launched!
- Paul talks about creating the haxe-delegates
gitlibrary to get
~40%faster calls on HXCPP, with some benches posted for the HXCPP and JS targets.
- Ready for Feathers UI
1.0Release Week? Wait… week? Oh, yes! Not only is the big
1.0stable release for Haxe/OpenFL ready — But there’s also going to be a TON of new open source projects to announce. Stay tuned!
- None this week.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Hacksaw Studios are looking for a Haxe developer to join their team working on the core framework. EU candidates preferred & position is remote friendly.
- Saga Education, “a leading provider of in-person and online tutoring products, currently has multiple openings for Software Engineers”, Staff Software Engineer, plus one other technical positions.
- Little team is looking for a Haxe developer to work on HTML5 games.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Senior Game Programmer.
- Basic Platformer Pathfinding AI for HaxeFlixel
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Printersim, “a game that defies convention” and which is made entirely with Haxe is available on Steam.
- Future Knight DX, “is a fan remake of the 1986 game “Future Knight” by Gremlin Graphics Software” made with HaxeFlixel, available on itch.io with source available on GitHub. Created by John.
- IriySoft has made a new level pack for Cursed Treasure game (originally published at 2010).
- Via the Haxe Discord server, Shahar has released EZWorksheet. The app itself isnt 100% complete, but is now out for people to try it out, and help to improve it even more. Here is also repo for bug reports.
- Ando has set up an itch.io page and email alert for Chibi Ninja Shino-kun, so you can keep up with the game outside of Twitter, if you want! Steam page also coming soon! https://ohsat.com/game/shino-kun/
Via the Haxe Discord server
2.8.1has been released.
.icofile format reader merged.
- Feathers UI
v1.0.0for Haxe and OpenFL has been released.
- Dan Roberts is working on Endor
gitwhich is a 3D game engine made with Haxe and C++.
gitby tong - print binary Armory3D arm files as json.
git- A HaxeLib meant for parsing the Asprite JSON format & making a frame atlas.
git- Haxe abstractions for Akai Fire MIDI controller.
- codedox VSCode extension updated to
- Haxe Checkstyle VSCode extension updated to
1.8.1- added support for inline markup.
- Haxe Test Explorer VSCode extension updated to
2.0.4- improved support for multiroot workspaces.
- Haxeparser commit to add support for inline markup.
- Haxe language server commit to add support for inline markup.
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- Trethaller is prototyping a level editor for a new Shiro Games project, as usual with Haxe and Heaps.
- Move forward from HITTER by Naoya.
- More visual effects for combat in Scraps of Light.
- That second combo in Renaine really escalates things.
- Rob Clemmons Jr is slowly but surely redrawing the map in Patches Of Adventure.
- Projectile traps in Addlemoth by mauve are armed when a switch is held down on them, fires when all are released.
- Shifting position with arrows by Robert Alvarez.
- “This is your standard funny factory forklift, get accustomed to its configurations before heading out on the road” screenshot from “THERE WAS A MIXUP AT THE FACTORY!” by kyatt.
- Updates on Chibi Ninja Shino-kun by Ando:
From the Haxe Discord server
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Axol Studio is a small independent game development studio, making games with and contributing to HaxeFlixel.
- Funkin’ Crew is making Friday Night Funkin’, a cartoon rhythm gaming excellence.
- Patrick is creating Raspberry Pi 4 support for Haxe/Lime/OpenFL/HaxeFlixel.
- Josh Tynjala is working on Feathers UI — open source, cross-platform UI components built with OpenFL.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Add Traits proposal.
- Add Constructor
- Add new syntax for getters & setters inspired by the
C#property syntax proposal.
- Add a type for meaningless values (similar to unit type) proposal.
- Add better Overload Support proposal.
- Add Static Extension Meta Functions proposal.
enumproposal, plus clarification.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
34~ updates have been made to Haxe in the last week.
[cpp]Add compiler metadata to append/prepend content to type/field definitions in header files pull request.
[hashlink]Allow multiple file selection in
hl.UI.chooseFilemultiple select support pull request.
[csharp]C# StringMap (and probably more) broken issue.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and see you next week.