Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
[upcoming/events]HaxeIn 2022 September event has been announcement. ️
- Maybe Michael Bickel will talk at upcoming HaxeIn event.
- Shiro Games Gamescom Announcements.
- The Fraymakers Tester Build has officially launched!
- Paul talks about creating the haxe-delegates
gitlibrary to get
~40%faster calls on HXCPP, with some benches posted for the HXCPP and JS targets.
- Ready for Feathers UI
1.0Release Week? Wait… week? Oh, yes! Not only is the big
1.0stable release for Haxe/OpenFL ready — But there’s also going to be a TON of new open source projects to announce. Stay tuned!
In case you missed it
- Physics and collision events explained in Armory3D video by Exceptional 3D Tutorials.
- Wartales | The Great Gosenberg trailer by Shiro Games.
- Northgard | The Clan of the Eagle trailer by Shiro Games.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Axol Studio’s are looking for a social media manager & for someone to playtest & help balance the game difficulty.
- Hacksaw Studios are looking for a Haxe developer to join their team working on the core framework. EU candidates preferred & position is remote friendly.
- Saga Education, “a leading provider of in-person and online tutoring products, currently has multiple openings for Software Engineers”, Staff Software Engineer, plus one other technical positions.
- Little team is looking for a Haxe developer to work on HTML5 games.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Senior Game Programmer.
- Basic Platformer Pathfinding AI for HaxeFlixel
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Ando has set up an itch.io page and email alert for Chibi Ninja Shino-kun, so you can keep up with the game outside of Twitter, if you want! Steam page also coming soon! https://ohsat.com/game/shino-kun/
- Unept has updated their games to work on new iPhones.
- Chester’s adventures continue in the free Water Theatre update for Tightrope Theatre. Coming soon!
- Go! Go! PogoGirl Version
1.0.5update by Ando.
- Axol Studio has updated Bring It On! to
v0.5.1to fix the issues with the 2nd level’s end-boss (and a few minor tweaks).
- Grapefrukt has updated Rymdkapsel with a fix for broken mission completion. This game turns TEN next year, that’s uh, a very long time!
- New screenshots from Oleg Dolya’s projects:
Via the Haxe Discord server
- Sébastien Benard is making progress with renderer in fake 3D: fixed lots of approximations & gaps issues, added support for higher res textures. The map is made with LDTK.
- Jeremy Fa is preparing a new sample for Ceramic using Kenney assets to test its platformer capabilities.
8.0.0has been released.
9.2.0has been released.
mouseModeAPI draft pull request.
git- A simple tool to generate things for tabletop RPGs.
git- A full integration of GameJolt to Haxe.
git- A lightweight code base to build single page web tools.
git- A library for creating your own custom events.
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- HITTER game twitter account by Naoya.
- Being a programmer means that Squidly can put in whatever test sound memes for new transformation item.
- Running around in the rain at night by jefvel.
- Late night Addlemoth work by mauve: Slime blobs, large and small!
- Water theatre update for Tightrope Theatre by Adventure Islands is almost done and just needs some final testing and balancing!
- The last ship you want to see landing upon Arrakis, is that of Padishah Emperor Shaddam IV himself…
- Moving multiple spaces by Robert Alvarez.
- Kyatt7 has announced Impostor Cat Games’ new title, There Was A Mixup At The Factory!.
- Gauthier Billot continues work on raycasted game to make a playable fps:
- New GIFs from Chibi Ninja Shino-kun: Treasure of Demon Tower by Ando:
From the Haxe Discord server
- Isaac Denner shows added bestiary for Minicology.
- Spitko is loading Quake’s BSP files:
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Funkin’ Crew is making Friday Night Funkin’, a cartoon rhythm gaming excellence
- Patrick is creating Raspberry Pi 4 support for Haxe/Lime/OpenFL/HaxeFlixel.
- Josh Tynjala is working on Feathers UI — open source, cross-platform UI components built with OpenFL.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Add Traits proposal.
- Add Constructor
- Add new syntax for getters & setters inspired by the
C#property syntax proposal.
- Add a type for meaningless values (similar to unit type) proposal.
- Add better Overload Support proposal.
- Add Static Extension Meta Functions proposal.
enumproposal, plus clarification.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
28~ updates have been made to Haxe in the last week.
[hashlink]Allow multiple file selection in
hl.UI.chooseFilemultiple select support pull request.
[csharp]C# StringMap (and probably more) broken issue.
- Restore macOS 10.13 (High Sierra) support pull request.
- Restoring Lua tests issue.
[hxcpp]Inconsistent overflow behaviour for Int32 issue.
[haxelib]Migrate to argon2id for storing passwords pull request.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and see you next week.