Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
[upcoming/events]HaxeIn 2022 September event has been announcement. ️
- Maybe Michael Bickel will talk at upcoming HaxeIn event.
- Neighbourhood Generator
1.2.0: new template, integration with mansions, lots of visual changes article by Oleg Dolya.
- The Shiro Games booth at Gamescom 2022 is looking spectacular.
In case you missed it
- First person player Armory 3D tutorial (only nodes) part 1 and part 2 by Exceptional 3D tutorials.
- Introducing The Spire! short by Fraymakers.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Axol Studio’s are looking for a social media manager & for someone to playtest & help balance the game difficulty.
- Hacksaw Studios are looking for a Haxe developer to join their team working on the core framework. EU candidates preferred & position is remote friendly.
- Saga Education, “a leading provider of in-person and online tutoring products, currently has multiple openings for Software Engineers”, Staff Software Engineer, plus one other technical positions.
- Little team is looking for a Haxe developer to work on HTML5 games.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Senior Game Programmer.
- Basic Platformer Pathfinding AI for HaxeFlixel
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Unept has updated their games to work on new iPhones.
- Chester’s adventures continue in the free Water Theatre update for Tightrope Theatre. Coming soon!
- Go! Go! PogoGirl Version
1.0.5update by Ando.
- Axol Studio has updated Bring It On! to
v0.5.1to fix the issues with the 2nd level’s end-boss (and a few minor tweaks).
- Grapefrukt has updated Rymdkapsel with a fix for broken mission completion. This game turns TEN next year, that’s uh, a very long time!
- Bring It On!
v0.5by Axol Studio is now LIVE!
- Cody Ward has finished their
#lowrezjamentry - Press 2 Putt.
- Zzox (tyler)'s
#lowrezjamentry - Grave.
- Shahar Marcus has released the first beta version of EZWorksheet. And is also planning to put up a web version of the app soon. If you find any issues/bugs, please report them in this GitHub repo.
Via the Haxe Discord server
- Rogue Sun
#lowrezjamentry by half.
- Usagi Corps by Naoya.
- GrindCraft - Haxe/OpenFL port of popular game. via gonzo.
- Michael Bickel hxgodot-cpp
gitrepo is “slowly taking shape. Basic Variants are working, I put down the first issues for people to track, comment and pick up”.
- Ian Harrigan shows new example in the HaxeUI explorer: todos.
Via the Haxe Discord server
- Another HXCPP debugger update by Aidan Lee: stepping, breakpoints, exceptions, and local variables are now working in VSCode. ️
- Jeremy Fa has added “nine slice” support to Ceramic. Here is live sample.
- Aidan Lee has made a small bot for a Discord server.
0.16.0has been released.
2.8.0has been released.
[weblink]Add OAuth2 support pull request.
[heaps]Fixed 8-bit WAV files playing with glitches due to incorrect sample rate calculation merged.
git- Change the subsystem of a PE executable between console and windows applications.
git- Implementation of the deflate and inflate functions in pure Haxe.
git- Simple extension of the Heaps’ Text class that supports outlines using multi-channel SDF.
git- Old and novice API made awhile back using Haxe to help automate the purchase of sneakers from footsites.
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- New stage incoming to Fraymakers!
- SnkyGames will add an option for different low resolutions in Starwing. Here is low resolution Arwing on display.
- Fight intro from Scraps of Light. The player can skip this intro by spam-clicking as well.
- A Preview of Level 3: Fallow Fields from Bring It On!
- Even when you have the shroomed status effect in Renaine you can still have that sick shroovement.
- Jefvel is trying out some lights in
WIPgame which is being made with Heaps.
- Some updates on Chibi Ninja Shino-kun: Treasure of Demon Tower by Ando:
From the Haxe Discord server
- Sébastien Bénard is testing a few old school tricks to create a 2.5D engine (Dungeon Master, Eye of the Beholder), without relying on 3D.
- Skyfire2008 has added bloom to TD2S.
- Shahar got around to implementing borders for shapes in OpenFL: for circles and ovals.
- ZwodahS has added the new ambition for Dice Tribes: Ambitions.
- Redfill The Canadien’s first program made with Haxe, Heaps and HaxeUI.
- Party planet from Minicology by Isaac Denner.
- Spitko is rendering Quake maps in Heaps:
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Funkin’ Crew is making Friday Night Funkin’, a cartoon rhythm gaming excellence
- Patrick is creating Raspberry Pi 4 support for Haxe/Lime/OpenFL/HaxeFlixel.
- Josh Tynjala is working on Feathers UI — open source, cross-platform UI components built with OpenFL.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Add Traits proposal.
- Add Constructor
- Add new syntax for getters & setters inspired by the
C#property syntax proposal.
- Add a type for meaningless values (similar to unit type) proposal.
- Add better Overload Support proposal.
- Add Static Extension Meta Functions proposal.
enumproposal, plus clarification.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
23~ updates have been made to Haxe in the last week.
- Restore macOS 10.13 (High Sierra) support pull request.
- Restoring Lua tests issue.
[hxcpp]Inconsistent overflow behaviour for Int32 issue.
[haxelib]Migrate to argon2id for storing passwords pull request.
- Odd regression in
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and see you next week.