Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- HaxeJam 2022 Summer Jam results. ️
- The video of the whole HaxeHybrid 2022 event is available to watch. ️
- Armory3D Release Notes for 2022.08 August Release.
- Dune: Spice Wars Community Update #2 Out Now!
- Dead Cells ‘Enter the Panchaku’ update is live!
In case you missed it
[past events]HaxeJam 2022: Summer Jam has started, with the theme “Lose it All”.
[past events]Announcing HaxeHybrid LAX 2022 by Osaka Red LLC.
- ⛏️Cave Generator
1.0.1released, plus ideas for further development article by Oleg Dolya.
- Wartales Community Update
#4featuring new content, community requests and full Chinese localisation!
- Torcado: Being a Solo Game Developer interview. ️
- “Papers, Please” but small, coming to Android and iOS, phones, tablets and consoles.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Andreas Drewke is looking for a freelancer job or part time job.
- Axol Studio’s are looking for a social media manager & for someone to playtest & help balance the game difficulty.
- Hacksaw Studios are looking for a Haxe developer to join their team working on the core framework. EU candidates preferred & position is remote friendly.
- Saga Education, “a leading provider of in-person and online tutoring products, currently has multiple openings for Software Engineers”, Software Engineer III, Staff Software Engineer, plus two other technical positions.
- Shiro Games are looking for a talented marketing director to join them!
- ScottPlusPlus is looking to hire a Haxe developer, ideally with web experience, to help with consultation and code-reviews for a couple hours per week.
- Little team is looking for a Haxe developer to work on HTML5 games.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Senior Game Programmer.
- Basic Platformer Pathfinding AI for HaxeFlixel
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- “In your books” is being released today, available from Steam.
- Duke Dashington Remastered by Advent is now live on Poki!
- Blobble Wars 2 is out on Steam. Written in Haxe using OpenFL.
- Preview of outlined roads by Oleg Dolya.
- Michael Bickel is slowly grinding away on integrating Haxe with Godot.
- Hashlink bytecode disassembler and decompiler hlbc
gitwritten in Rust.
1.6.0has been released.
git- Haxe + Heaps screen transitions.
git- An automated UI testing framework. ️
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- Sync and more sync from
WIPRPG game by GlassySundew.
- New videos from Renaine:
- New GIFs from
WIPmobile game by MortMort:
From the Haxe Discord server
- BSOD has made a small Haxe mascot for fun… 😅
- New screenshot from Patches Of Adventure by Rob Clemmons Jr.
- Editor video by Shahar.
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Funkin’ Crew is making Friday Night Funkin’, a cartoon rhythm gaming excellence
- Patrick is creating Raspberry Pi 4 support for Haxe/Lime/OpenFL/HaxeFlixel.
- Josh Tynjala is working on Feathers UI — open source, cross-platform UI components built with OpenFL.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Add Traits proposal.
- Add Constructor
- Add new syntax for getters & setters inspired by the
C#property syntax proposal.
- Add a type for meaningless values (similar to unit type) proposal.
- Add better Overload Support proposal.
- Add Static Extension Meta Functions proposal.
enumproposal, plus clarification.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
26~ updates have been made to Haxe in the last week.
[hxcpp]Support type parameters on extern classes merged.
- Allow for
.custom.hxin module resolution feature request.
- Unable to create a
[php]Possible runtime metadata field name bug issue.
[hxcpp]Process: Do not create console on Windows OS pull request.
- Needless allocation for the last of multiple identical operations fixed.
- Compilation server. Wrong error position info issue.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and see you next week.