Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
News and Articles
- HaxeJam 2022 Summer Jam results. ️
- The video of the whole HaxeHybrid 2022 event is available to watch. ️
- Armory3D Release Notes for 2022.08 August Release.
- Dune: Spice Wars Community Update #2 Out Now!
- Dead Cells ‘Enter the Panchaku’ update is live!
In case you missed it
[past events]HaxeJam 2022: Summer Jam has started, with the theme “Lose it All”.
[past events]Announcing HaxeHybrid LAX 2022 by Osaka Red LLC.
- Aurel will be talking about the ammer framework.
- The online portion of HaxeHybrid 2022 LAX will be via Google Meet. There will still be a Twitch separate broadcast and after it’s over, the talks will be uploaded to YouTube. via Osaka Red LLC.
- ⛏️Cave Generator
1.0.1released, plus ideas for further development article by Oleg Dolya.
- Wartales Community Update
#4featuring new content, community requests and full Chinese localisation!
- Torcado: Being a Solo Game Developer interview. ️
- “Papers, Please” but small, coming to Android and iOS, phones, tablets and consoles.
Videos & Music
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
Looking for work
- Andreas Drewke is looking for a freelancer job or part time job.
- Axol Studio’s are looking for a social media manager & for someone to playtest & help balance the game difficulty.
- Hacksaw Studios are looking for a Haxe developer to join their team working on the core framework. EU candidates preferred & position is remote friendly.
- Saga Education, “a leading provider of in-person and online tutoring products, currently has multiple openings for Software Engineers”, Software Engineer III, Staff Software Engineer, plus two other technical positions.
- Shiro Games are looking for a talented marketing director to join them!
- ScottPlusPlus is looking to hire a Haxe developer, ideally with web experience, to help with consultation and code-reviews for a couple hours per week.
- Little team is looking for a Haxe developer to work on HTML5 games.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Senior Game Programmer.
- Basic Platformer Pathfinding AI for HaxeFlixel
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
Product Releases & Announcements
- “In your books” is being released today, available from Steam.
- Duke Dashington Remastered by Advent is now live on Poki!
- Blobble Wars 2 is out on Steam. Written in Haxe using OpenFL.
Previews & Demos
- Preview of outlined roads by Oleg Dolya.
- Michael Bickel is slowly grinding away on integrating Haxe with Godot.
- Hashlink bytecode disassembler and decompiler hlbc
gitwritten in Rust.
1.6.0has been released.
git- Haxe + Heaps screen transitions.
git- An automated UI testing framework. ️
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- Sync and more sync from
WIPRPG game by GlassySundew.
- New videos from Renaine:
- Hit em’ with that ↗ ⬆ ⬇
- 🧻🚫 ⚔ (roll cancels)
- New GIFs from
WIPmobile game by MortMort:
- Done most of functions for the desert environment.
- Some early World two level stuff.
- Super Cool Platform & Mole in a hole!
- Door Mole?
- How to box.
- Riding Balls.
From the Haxe Discord server
- BSOD has made a small Haxe mascot for fun… 😅
- New screenshot from Patches Of Adventure by Rob Clemmons Jr.
- Editor video by Shahar.
Some Library Releases
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
People & Projects to support
- Funkin’ Crew is making Friday Night Funkin’, a cartoon rhythm gaming excellence
- Patrick is creating Raspberry Pi 4 support for Haxe/Lime/OpenFL/HaxeFlixel.
- Josh Tynjala is working on Feathers UI — open source, cross-platform UI components built with OpenFL.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
Updates from the Haxe core
Current Proposals & Discussions
- Add Traits proposal.
- Add Constructor
- Add new syntax for getters & setters inspired by the
C#property syntax proposal.
- Add a type for meaningless values (similar to unit type) proposal.
- Add better Overload Support proposal.
- Add Static Extension Meta Functions proposal.
enumproposal, plus clarification.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
26~ updates have been made to Haxe in the last week.
[hxcpp]Support type parameters on extern classes merged.
- Allow for
.custom.hxin module resolution feature request.
In case you missed it
- Unable to create a
[php]Possible runtime metadata field name bug issue.
[hxcpp]Process: Do not create console on Windows OS pull request.
- Needless allocation for the last of multiple identical operations fixed.
- Compilation server. Wrong error position info issue.
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe and see the impact the latest changes have on each target by browsing the benchmarks site.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and see you next week.