Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
[events]Announcing HaxeHybrid LAX 2022 by Osaka Red LLC.
[events]HaxeJam 2022: Summer Jam! ️
- SSSPICY by torcado won the
$10,000grand prize for @Replit’s Kajam 2022 game jam!
- ☠️Perilous Shores
1.4.1: compass rose and other visual changes article by Oleg Dolya.
- Addlemoth Dev Update: July 2022 by mauve.
- Bring It On!
v0.3is now LIVE on Steam and itch.io with added Achievements, End-game bonuses, a Reroll button, and more!
- Armory3D | Release Notes | 2022.07 - July Release.
In case you missed it
- The Next Chapter for Proletariat Inc by CEO Seth Sivak.
- Fireworks – DQ2 Progress Report for June 2022 by Lars Doucet.
- 🗝️One Page Dungeon Generator
1.2.3: custom notes and rear entrances article by Oleg Dolya.
- House Corrino is coming to Dune: Spice Wars!
- Heaps can easily compile to Android, iOS, HTML5, MAC, Windows announcement thread.
- New Dead Cells alpha is out - panchaku, rebalancing, legendary rework, pet the pet & more!
- OpenFL Defines, And Their Meanings article by Shahar Marcus from the Haxe Discord server. ️
- A little reminder that Squidly is streaming development of Renaine on twitch.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- Armory3D - Tilt shift effect by Alexander Kleemann.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Andreas Drewke is looking for a freelancer job or part time job.
- Axol Studio’s are looking for a social media manager & for someone to playtest & help balance the game difficulty.
- Hacksaw Studios are looking for a Haxe developer to join their team working on the core framework. EU candidates preferred & position is remote friendly.
- Saga Education, “a leading provider of in-person and online tutoring products, currently has multiple openings for Software Engineers”, Software Engineer III, Staff Software Engineer, plus two other technical positions.
- Shiro Games are looking for a talented marketing director to join them!
- ScottPlusPlus is looking to hire a Haxe developer, ideally with web experience, to help with consultation and code-reviews for a couple hours per week.
- Little team is looking for a Haxe developer to work on HTML5 games.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Senior Game Programmer.
- Basic Platformer Pathfinding AI for HaxeFlixel
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Dicey Dungeons is now out on mobile, available from the Play Store and AppStore. Also the new DLC Reunion is out everywhere (the DLC is included in the regular Steam update)!
- Jump and fly around to collect all the stars in Hop Warp by Robert Alvarez.
- Torcado has also released new version of SSSPICY with several bug fixes and a few more levels!
- New demo of SCRAPS OF LIGHT is out and available on itch.io, with rebalanced skills, added more QoL features, fixed bugs…
- The In your books Game’s soundtrack will officially be released June 20th, with the game’s trailer! via Eléa Lecoq.
- Dicey Dungeons Reunion DLC will be released, today, July 7th. Check out the Dicey Dungeons Reunion & The Reunion Reunion articles.
- “My favourite place” by zzox (tyler) is out now on itch and Newgrounds.
- 🔥 SSSPICY! 🔥 by torcado. Made for kajam 2022.
- Talk To Strangers developed by Post Mortem Pixels is ported from Stencyl to Nintendo Switch and will be available soon on Nintendo eShop.
- Skyfire2008 uploaded the latest build of TD2S with lots of new sounds and bug fixes.
From the Haxe Discord server
- Shahar Marcus shared progress on auto-updater section of the installer.
- Rc-05 has worked on Telegram API implementation in Haxe with a test bot written in Haxe. The library is available on HaxeLib.
- Jeremy Fa started working on bindings for Soloud.
0.1.6has been released.
git- Macro powered Haxe wrapper for BitECS.
[haxeui]Add Russian locale merged.
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- The Gosenberg nobleman from Wartales.
- A CRT filter really makes this Renaine’s colours pop.
- E. Zachary Knight is making a gallery shooter type game in HaxeFlixel.
- If you click on these red squares hard enough they give you sand by SRDude.
- House Corrino is coming soon to Dune: Spice Wars.
- Unexpected guest when the exhibition was closed.
- Couple of quick videos an early version of mobile platformer (which is being made with Stencyl, Aseprite and FL Studio) by MortMort:
From the Haxe Discord server
- Prexot has shared a couple of videos of a very
WIPon a game with Ceramic engine and Spine animation.
- RayLoi is experimenting with KincHL + HGSL:
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Funkin’ Crew is making Friday Night Funkin’, a cartoon rhythm gaming excellence
- Patrick is creating Raspberry Pi 4 support for Haxe/Lime/OpenFL/HaxeFlixel.
- Josh Tynjala is working on Feathers UI — open source, cross-platform UI components built with OpenFL.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Add Traits proposal.
- Add Constructor
- Add new syntax for getters & setters inspired by the
C#property syntax proposal.
- Add a type for meaningless values (similar to unit type) proposal.
- Add better Overload Support proposal.
- Add Static Extension Meta Functions proposal.
enumproposal, plus clarification.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
16~ updates have been made to Haxe in the last week.
- Unit test on high bit shifts issue.
- Ignore EOF while attempting to read the HTTP header pull request.
- Add JVM annotations within annotations pull request.
- Abstract classes and interface issue.
- Monomorph type applied when doing
JvmCode.EmptyStackwhen using explicit return inside an arrow function stored in a field issue.
- Inline constructor fails when some function returns
- Add BigInteger type pull request, with this implementation being
5xfaster than others and
3xfaster than native Java. ️
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and see you next week.