Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
[events]HaxeJam 2022: Summer Jam!
- The Next Chapter for Proletariat Inc by CEO Seth Sivak.
- Fireworks – DQ2 Progress Report for June 2022 by Lars Doucet.
- 🗝️One Page Dungeon Generator
1.2.3: custom notes and rear entrances article by Oleg Dolya.
- House Corrino is coming to Dune: Spice Wars!
- Heaps can easily compile to Android, iOS, HTML5, MAC, Windows announcement thread.
- New Dead Cells alpha is out - panchaku, rebalancing, legendary rework, pet the pet & more!
- OpenFL Defines, And Their Meanings article by Shahar Marcus from the Haxe Discord server. ️
In case you missed it
- Spellbreak is shutting down early next year. The parent company, Proletariat had been acquired by Blizzard Entertainment to beef up the staff on World of Warcraft.
- A Shroomy Crossover article from Renaine.
- Dead Cells - Breaking Barriers update (Accessibility options & Assist Mode) vlog and patch notes. Available on PC & consoles now!
- The Changes Update
v0.3for Bring It On! by Axol Studio.
[events]Osaka Red LLC has added a separate “free” tickets options for HaxeHybrid 2022 LAX.
In case you missed it
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Andreas Drewke is looking for a freelancer job or part time job.
- Axol Studio’s are looking for a social media manager & for someone to playtest & help balance the game difficulty.
- Hacksaw Studios are looking for a Haxe developer to join their team working on the core framework. EU candidates preferred & position is remote friendly.
- Saga Education, “a leading provider of in-person and online tutoring products, currently has multiple openings for Software Engineers”, Software Engineer III, Staff Software Engineer, plus two other technical positions.
- Shiro Games are looking for a talented marketing director to join them!
- ScottPlusPlus is looking to hire a Haxe developer, ideally with web experience, to help with consultation and code-reviews for a couple hours per week.
- Little team is looking for a Haxe developer to work on HTML5 games.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Senior Game Programmer.
- The latest bounty from Rob Clemmons, a Better Inventory System for
- Basic Platformer Pathfinding AI for HaxeFlixel
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Dicey Dungeons Reunion DLC will be released, today, July 7th. Check out the Dicey Dungeons Reunion & The Reunion Reunion articles.
- “My favourite place” by zzox (tyler) is out now on itch and Newgrounds.
- 🔥 SSSPICY! 🔥 by torcado. Made for kajam 2022.
- Talk To Strangers developed by Post Mortem Pixels is ported from Stencyl to Nintendo Switch and will be available soon on Nintendo eShop.
- Skyfire2008 uploaded the latest build of TD2S with lots of new sounds and bug fixes.
- Hollow river shapes by Oleg Doyla.
2.5.0has been released!
git- Assembler designed to work in conjunction with my microcode compiler.
- ʇ0mmy has released HL_WMF_Video
gitwhich adds VideoTexture Integration for Heaps / HL using Windows Media Foundation. ️
git- HaxeFlixel Multi-Window POC.
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- The final generative art piece being exhibited by Jérémy Fa, made with ceramic.
- Hopefully this will work like I intend it to by Rob Clemmons Jr.
- Screens from 3-1 levels of
WIPHitter game by Naoya.
- Quick video of a work in progress level by MortMort. Plus a bit of art, level design, programming & who knows maybe music too for a generic mobile platformer.
- Couple of quick videos from Purradox by SRDude:
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Funkin’ Crew is making Friday Night Funkin’, a cartoon rhythm gaming excellence
- Patrick is creating Raspberry Pi 4 support for Haxe/Lime/OpenFL/HaxeFlixel.
- Josh Tynjala is working on Feathers UI — open source, cross-platform UI components built with OpenFL.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Add Traits proposal.
- Add Constructor
- Add new syntax for getters & setters inspired by the
C#property syntax proposal.
- Add a type for meaningless values (similar to unit type) proposal.
- Add better Overload Support proposal.
- Add Static Extension Meta Functions proposal.
enumproposal, plus clarification.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
20~ updates have been made to Haxe in the last week.
- Add JVM annotations within annotations pull request.
- Abstract classes and interface issue.
- Monomorph type applied when doing
JvmCode.EmptyStackwhen using explicit return inside an arrow function stored in a field issue.
- Inline constructor fails when some function returns
- Add BigInteger type pull request, with this implementation being
5xfaster than others and
3xfaster than native Java. ️
- Avoid creating instance method closures with
- Retyping mechanism merged.
- Add a way to skip a
@:fromcast for consideration by top down inference issue.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and see you next week.