Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Feathers UI
1.0Release Candidate 2!
- How to “Monitor read and write accesses” thread.
- Big changes coming Lime’s way article by player03.
- Status update: Spring 2022 by player03.
- Renaine Kickstarter update
#35- Static, like Lighting article.
- ☠️ Perilous Shores
1.4.0: non-square maps, bays and peninsulas article by Oleg Dolya.
- FierceTheBandit shares result of the first week since Super Cosmic Heist came out!
In case you missed it
- Make a game using these new tilesets for RPG Playground devlog.
- My game’s demo is in Steam Next Fest! video by Minicology.
- Shiro Games | Unlimited - PC Gaming Show 2022 Announcements, with Wartales and Dune Spice Wars getting multiplayer support, plus Northgard’s next expansion titled Cross of Vidar and much more.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Andreas Drewke is looking for a freelancer job or part time job.
- Saga Education, “a leading provider of in-person and online tutoring products, currently has multiple openings for Software Engineers”, Software Engineer III, Staff Software Engineer, plus two other technical positions.
- Shiro Games are looking for a talented marketing director to join them!
- ScottPlusPlus is looking to hire a Haxe developer, ideally with web experience, to help with consultation and code-reviews for a couple hours per week.
- Little team is looking for a Haxe developer to work on HTML5 games.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Senior Game Programmer.
- The latest bounty from Rob Clemmons, a Better Inventory System for
- Basic Platformer Pathfinding AI for HaxeFlixel
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Bring It On!
v0.2by Axol Studio is NOW LIVE!
- Dice Tribes: Ambitions by ZwodahS is available on Steam now!
From the Haxe Discord server
- Jefvel has released a game for Pico Day on Newgrounds, made with Heaps! - The 1000.
- Minicology has a demo available for Steam next fest. via Idenner.
- Prexot has released the first public-ish version of Spine Ceramic character creator.
- [Speer DX] by Ando is now officially released on Steam! And it’s fully compatible with Steam Deck!
- Super Cosmic Heist is out now! ️
- Bring It On! by Axol Studio now has a Steam Store Page!
- Via the Haxe Discord server, Qeshi has made Kuri in Lull the Ghosts! with Ceramic.
- Via the OpenFL Discord server, Red Minnow and VIP Interactive have released their Donor Recognition / Hall of Fame system that is based on OpenFL/FeathersUI. It is a kiosk-based system that links to a backend CMS that allow companies to brand their application and add their own content. Check out VIP Interactive website and the demo application. A special thank you to Josh Tynjala for his efforts creating FeathersUI and for all of those who have answered my questions.
- Via the Haxe Discord server, ShaharMS’s little language is currently only supports string concatination, but its ready for adding subtraction/multiplication support.
[cosy]Support array and string slicing pull request.
0.14.0has been released.
git- dashlink - the HashLink disassembler.
- George is improving the documentation of various HaxeFlixel core classes.
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- Fraymakers shows off some progress on Welltaro’s forward strong animation.
- The test project by Ando.
- Ando has improved the tutorial messages in [Speer DX] to make them more obvious and informative.
- ʇ0mmy is experimenting a bit with HashLink extensions and has done some work on creating a HashLink / Heaps extension that embeds a webview into HashLink. ️
- Some scenes from a new level in Rogue of Vallas, the Vallan Empire oil well–or twisty maze of pipes.
- Febreeze is working on a platformer game and using Ceramic engine.
- Techy Wrinkles is toying with some cheesy Enemy pattern / AI.
- Awake, Saviour from Hitter by Naoya.
- SRDude shares progress on puzzle platformer:
From the Haxe Discord server
- ʇ0mmy (tee) is experimenting and was able to run Unreal Engine
5.0INSIDE Heaps/Hashlink! The entire UE5 engine is built to a lib and linked with HL, so you can extend it. ️
- Tuhkis’ ECS’ scripting interface may not be perfect, but it at least works!
- Skyfire2008 has added a weapon test mode to TD2S.
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Funkin’ Crew is making Friday Night Funkin’, a cartoon rhythm gaming excellence
- Patrick is creating Raspberry Pi 4 support for Haxe/Lime/OpenFL/HaxeFlixel.
- Josh Tynjala is working on Feathers UI — open source, cross-platform UI components built with OpenFL.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Add Constructor
- Add new syntax for getters & setters inspired by the
C#property syntax proposal.
- Add a type for meaningless values (similar to unit type) proposal.
- Add better Overload Support proposal.
- Add Static Extension Meta Functions proposal.
enumproposal, plus clarification.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
3~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
ArrayBytesnot clearing properly after
- Retyper mechanism draft pull request.
[jvm]Pattern matching involving Unicode fixed.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and see you next week.