Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- The latest developments to Twinspire offering multiline multi-format text rendering by StoryDev available on GitHub.
- Tracing Lines – DQ2 Progress Report for May 2022 by Lars Doucet.
[events]HaxeHybrid Sessions 2022 have been announced!
In case you missed it
In case you missed it
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Andreas Drewke is looking for a freelancer job or part time job.
- Saga Education, “a leading provider of in-person and online tutoring products, currently has multiple openings for Software Engineers”, Software Engineer III, Staff Software Engineer, plus two other technical positions.
- Shiro Games are looking for a talented marketing director to join them!
- ScottPlusPlus is looking to hire a Haxe developer, ideally with web experience, to help with consultation and code-reviews for a couple hours per week.
- Little team is looking for a Haxe developer to work on HTML5 games.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Senior Game Programmer.
- Two bounties from Rob Clemmons, Better Inventory System for
$320Bounty & Dialogue Plus System for
- Basic Platformer Pathfinding AI for HaxeFlixel
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- [Speer DX] by Ando is now officially released on Steam! And it’s fully compatible with Steam Deck!
- Super Cosmic Heist is out now! ️
- Bring It On! by Axol Studio now has a Steam Store Page!
- Via the Haxe Discord server, Qeshi has made Kuri in Lull the Ghosts! with Ceramic.
- Via the OpenFL Discord server, Red Minnow and VIP Interactive have released their Donor Recognition / Hall of Fame system that is based on OpenFL/FeathersUI. It is a kiosk-based system that links to a backend CMS that allow companies to brand their application and add their own content. Check out VIP Interactive website and the demo application. A special thank you to Josh Tynjala for his efforts creating FeathersUI and for all of those who have answered my questions.
- Dice Tribes: Ambition by ZwodahS will be released on Steam on June, 15th!
- JugieNoob has released version
- Via the Haxe Discord server, Flappy Flixel - a game made in less than 24 hours by JugieNoob using HaxeFlixel.
gitlanguage now has a
WIPonline editor by ShaharMS.
- Nanjizal has recently added emacs 256 terminal color class to pallette
0.13.1has been released!
git- Haxe bindings for Raylib.
git- A HashLink / Heaps driver for The Forge rendering API.
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- Boss fight from click-to-dash platformer by tyler.
- Davemakes is giving another shot to HaxeFlixel.
- The switchable magic bridges are a bit different from the usual fare in Addlemoth by mauve. ️
- After 23 days of development, SRDude finally have something that resembles a puzzle!
From the Haxe Discord server
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Funkin’ Crew is making Friday Night Funkin’, a cartoon rhythm gaming excellence
- Patrick is creating Raspberry Pi 4 support for Haxe/Lime/OpenFL/HaxeFlixel.
- Josh Tynjala is working on Feathers UI — open source, cross-platform UI components built with OpenFL.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Add Constructor
- Add new syntax for getters & setters inspired by the
C#property syntax proposal.
- Add a type for meaningless values (similar to unit type) proposal.
- Add better Overload Support proposal.
- Add Static Extension Meta Functions proposal.
enumproposal, plus clarification.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
4~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Retyper mechanism draft pull request.
[jvm]Pattern matching involving Unicode fixed.
- Name conflict of module function with static extension using function fixed.
- Too big error range for
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and see you next week.