Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Offering Bounties article by Rob Clemmons.
- Bring It On! - Coming Soon:
- Advice on fast bitmap scaling, 9 month update.
- Final Saturday Fray: a New Assist Approaches! - May 2022 Fraymakers Roundup. Fraymakers will continue to post updates, but are focusing on an upcoming release!
In case you missed it
- Naxie is working on starting up a new game development studio for an upcoming project. Technologies they’re using: Haxe + OpenFL + HaxeFlixel and LDTK (for level editing). ️
- Dune: Spice Wars Community Update
#1article out now!
- Wartales Community Update
[events]Naoya has announced that Hitter is going to be present at the Solutec Gamer Expo
v2.22in Maracay! As a demo of course.
- Jumping Challenge video in Rogue of Vallas by Merrak.
- Climbing Challenge Level video in Rogue of Vallas by Merrak.
- A Grandmaster of Strategy Games ♟Is Shiro Games Massively Underrated? video by JumboPixel, via Shiro Games.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Andreas Drewke is looking for a freelancer job or part time job.
- Saga Education, “a leading provider of in-person and online tutoring products, currently has multiple openings for Software Engineers”, Software Engineer III, Staff Software Engineer, plus two other technical positions.
- Shiro Games are looking for a talented marketing director to join them!
- ScottPlusPlus is looking to hire a Haxe developer, ideally with web experience, to help with consultation and code-reviews for a couple hours per week.
- Little team is looking for a Haxe developer to work on HTML5 games.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Senior Game Programmer.
- Two bounties from Rob Clemmons, Better Inventory System for
$320Bounty & Dialogue Plus System for
- Basic Platformer Pathfinding AI for HaxeFlixel
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Dice Tribes: Ambition by ZwodahS will be released on Steam on June, 15th!
- JugieNoob has released version
- Via the Haxe Discord server, Flappy Flixel - a game made in less than 24 hours by JugieNoob using HaxeFlixel.
- Scraps of Light demo has been “updated, it features 2x the content of the old demo and is better in every way”!
- Andrej has finished Cave of Lexip. If you played it and liked it, be sure to leave a rating!
- Tiny Dangerous Dungeons by AdventIslands is now live on Poki!
- AdventIslands has also updated all of their games on Google Play.
git- My helloworld project for ceramic.
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- “With his brand new airdash, the super versatile Triple module joins Welltaro’s arsenal! How are you gonna use this one?” via Fraymakers.
- New GIF from SCRAPS OF LIGHT - Having fun making more freaks.
- After [Speer DX] has been released, Andrej will spend some time to create a library of all the classes and tools.
- Advent is localizing Tightrope Theatre, which will support Latin American Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Italian, French, German, Japanese and Korean! ️
- Here is Gil, an other character from In Your Books that was made last month.
- Tyler is workin on a click-to-dash platformer in HaxeFlixel.
- SRDude continue working on platformer game:
From the Haxe Discord server
- Prexot shows the fruit of labors so far into ceramic (engine), spine (animation), and inkscape (images). ️
- Funkin’ Crew is making Friday Night Funkin’, a cartoon rhythm gaming excellence
- Patrick is creating Raspberry Pi 4 support for Haxe/Lime/OpenFL/HaxeFlixel.
- Josh Tynjala is working on Feathers UI — open source, cross-platform UI components built with OpenFL.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Add Constructor
- Add new syntax for getters & setters inspired by the
C#property syntax proposal.
- Add a type for meaningless values (similar to unit type) proposal.
- Add better Overload Support proposal.
- Add Static Extension Meta Functions proposal.
enumproposal, plus clarification.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
4~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Name conflict of module function with static extension using function fixed.
- Too big error range for
- Overriding files no longer works as expected in development builds fixed.
- Wrong diagnostic range for override keyword issue.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and see you next week.