Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Naxie is working on starting up a new game development studio for an upcoming project. Technologies they’re using: Haxe + OpenFL + HaxeFlixel and LDTK (for level editing). ️
- Dune: Spice Wars Community Update
#1article out now!
- Wartales Community Update
[events]Naoya has announced that Hitter is going to be present at the Solutec Gamer Expo
v2.22in Maracay! As a demo of course.
In case you missed it
- Best method for evaluating
TypedExprduring Initialization macro?
- Feathers UI
1.0Release Candidate article by Josh Tynjala.
- Josh Tynjala, creator of Feathers UI, joins the OpenFL leadership team!
- Playing with Sound and Music article by E. Zachary Knight.
- 🏡Village Generator
1.2.8: Integration with Procgen Mansion article by Oleg Dolya.
- Axol Studio have entered Bring It On! into the GDWC!
- Engine updates: Vector graphics, menus, text hotloading by Kirill Poletaev.
- Via the Haxe Discord server, Ceramic samples are now browsable directly on the website by Jeremy Fa.
- FPS tutorial for backrooms escape game - Armory3D tutorial by Exceptional 3D tutorials.
- Impetus - Fraymakers Original Soundtrack.
- Scraps of Light shares a not quite a trailer trailer!
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Rudy Geslin is looking for full-time remote work.
- Andreas Drewke is looking for a freelancer job or part time job.
- Saga Education, “a leading provider of in-person and online tutoring products, currently has multiple openings for Software Engineers”, Software Engineer III, Staff Software Engineer, plus two other technical positions.
- Shiro Games are looking for a talented marketing director to join them!
- ScottPlusPlus is looking to hire a Haxe developer, ideally with web experience, to help with consultation and code-reviews for a couple hours per week.
- Little team is looking for a Haxe developer to work on HTML5 games.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Senior Game Programmer.
- Basic Platformer Pathfinding AI for HaxeFlixel
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Scraps of Light demo has been “updated, it features 2x the content of the old demo and is better in every way”!
- Andrej has finished Cave of Lexip. If you played it and liked it, be sure to leave a rating!
- Tiny Dangerous Dungeons by AdventIslands is now live on Poki!
- AdventIslands has also updated all of their games on Google Play.
- AdventIslands’s Tightrope Theatre now has a Steam store page! Hop on a shaky unicycle and complete increasingly dangerous tightrope acts! Do you have what it takes to become a superstar?
- Saharan released 🌊Real-time 3d water simulation for PCs & smartphones. Made with OimoPhysics.
- Oleg Dolya has created the “option to request maps of arbitrary dimensions I can finally generate something like itinerary maps”.
- George is leaving haikus on HaxeFlixel contributions.
From the Haxe Discord server
- Yanrishatum is rewriting the fontgen
- ShaharMS’ first Haxe tutorial in the Haxe Learning Center - OpenFL - With Multiple Windows. Feel free to contribute to the project if you’d like to!
- Snsvrno is working on some libraries to make TUI applications using Haxe. They have split out the basic ANSI commands into ANSI.hx
gitlibrary. Next will be a little app framework for making “full terminal tui apps”.
0.12.2has been released.
2.2.2has been released.
WIPA 2D Game Framework For Haxe.
git- A simple xbox/switch compatible endless runner with squares and stuff.
git- Demonstrates how to create projects with PureMVC and Feathers UI.
- Damilare Akinlaja is decoding the HashLink bytecode in Rust in their brass_vm
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- HaxeUI in action by Ian Harrigan, “powering @ClinTexCTi’s new clinical trials data visualization platform: OpTex!”
- In your books is “back on track as promised with this
#screenshotsaturday. With this little one on the right, all the character are finished.”
- Torcado is working on a big update to Heck Deck.
- Super Cosmic Heist Enemy Showcase #8 - “Trappa”.
- A block house to keep the lava out by Robert Alvarez.
From the Haxe Discord server
- Prexot is getting familiar with ceramic and spine.
- Rob Clemmons Jr has shared new screenshot from Patches of Adventure.
- Mostly accurate Sonic CD menu recreation in FNF by DaPootisBird.
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Funkin’ Crew is making Friday Night Funkin’, a cartoon rhythm gaming excellence
- Patrick is creating Raspberry Pi 4 support for Haxe/Lime/OpenFL/HaxeFlixel.
- Josh Tynjala is working on Feathers UI — open source, cross-platform UI components built with OpenFL.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Add new syntax for getters & setters inspired by the
C#property syntax proposal.
- Add a type for meaningless values (similar to unit type) proposal.
- Add better Overload Support proposal.
- Add Static Extension Meta Functions proposal.
enumproposal, plus clarification.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
2~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Overriding files no longer works as expected in development builds fixed.
- Wrong diagnostic range for override keyword issue.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and see you next week.