Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Is there something like enumerate in python target?
- Dino Cross Was an Easy Build article by E. Zachary Knight.
- Dead Cells accessibility update moves into beta.
- Animations Editor made by Pavel Alexandrov with Heaps and ImGui.
In case you missed it
- The weekly progress of the Haxe to OCaml project.
- Happy Orcapril! April 2022 Fraymakers Roundup.
- Chapter 8: Creating a Light Cycles Clone article by E. Zachary Knight.
- Playing With Planetary Sprites in Two Chapters article by E. Zachary Knight.
- See what press are saying about Dune: Spice Wars.
- The latest articles from Kirill Poletaev, Phantom Path update - Russian localization and Game code that programs itself.
- Finishing the Map – DQ2 Progress Report for April 2022 by Lars Doucet.
[event]Sébastien Bénard will tell about designing own tools at ADDON event (18-19 May 2022).
- Bring It On! Early Access Trailer by Axol Studio.
- 2022 Projects - Create new world video by Zanzlanz.
- Adding invasions to Minicology - Mini-devlog by Minicology.
- [Speer DX] | Official Trailer. The game will be released on 3rd of June!
- An Interview with the Creator of RPG Playground.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- Minicology mini-devlog! Adding research to my tiny-planet space game video.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Rudy Geslin is looking for full-time remote work.
- Andreas Drewke is looking for a freelancer job or part time job.
- Saga Education, “a leading provider of in-person and online tutoring products, currently has multiple openings for Software Engineers”, Software Engineer III, Staff Software Engineer, plus two other technical positions.
- Shiro Games are looking for a talented marketing director to join them!
- ScottPlusPlus is looking to hire a Haxe developer, ideally with web experience, to help with consultation and code-reviews for a couple hours per week.
- Little team is looking for a Haxe developer to work on HTML5 games.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Senior Game Programmer.
- Basic Platformer Pathfinding AI for HaxeFlixel
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- “The realm is under siege” in Bring It On!, the single player auto attacking monster hell shoot-em-up survival game by Axol Studio, available from
itch.ioand made with HaxeFlixel.
- Kirill released another Speebot update with Steam Achievements and Russian localization.
- Dice Tribe Ambition Steam Store page is live!
- Northgard: Sword & Solace free major update announcement.
- Via the Haxe Discord server, Skyfire2008 has uploaded the latest version of TD2S to itch.io.
5.0.0is coming along nicely by George.
From the Haxe Discord server
git- Typedefs for query language.
git- OpenCV externs and wrappers for Haxe.
- Kha Tools for:
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- Maybe Naoya announced the release date for Hitter?
- Day 14 time travel animation by SRDude
- PolyProxy’s OpenGL render in Haxe now supports textures!
- “Another extravagant new animation joins the mix for your favourite undercover cephalopod 🐙” by Fraymakers.
- Hoodie’s preview of an in-progress unannounced game made with Stencyl.
- “Rainy evening with a street lamp, perfect weather for adventuring!” preview by Merrak.
- Phantom Path by Kirill Poletaev has been Steam Deck Verified.
- “Unearthed from the 1994 Consumer Electronics Show” quick video from Fierce.
- GIFs from new
WIPgame by Robert Alvarez:
- Squidly has shared couple of bossfight quick videos from Renaine:
- Mauve has worked on stone golems for Addlemoth:
From the Haxe Discord server
- Rob Clemmons Jr. has shared some results…
- Eris has spent the day working on this little UI. ️
- ShaharMS is implementing darkmode for a school worksheet project and has also shared a screenshot showing the start of a great webpage.
- ZwodahS is working on a new compendium/help screen.
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Funkin’ Crew is making Friday Night Funkin’, a cartoon rhythm gaming excellence
- Patrick is creating Raspberry Pi 4 support for Haxe/Lime/OpenFL/HaxeFlixel.
- Josh Tynjala is working on Feathers UI — open source, cross-platform UI components built with OpenFL.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Add new syntax for getters & setters inspired by the
C#property syntax proposal.
- Add a type for meaningless values (similar to unit type) proposal.
- Add better Overload Support proposal.
- Add Static Extension Meta Functions proposal.
enumproposal, plus clarification.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
10~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
haxe.Int64typing error issue.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and see you next week.