Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Oleg Dolya has published “🌆City Viewer
1.2.0: a bunch of new visual features” over on Patreon.
- New Dead Cells alpha with accessibility options, Assist Mode and beginner item reworks! ️
In case you missed it
- Addlemoth Dev Update: March 2022 by mauve.
- New HaxeFlixel tutorial by Andrej in early access: How to Implement Cheats.
- New Assist Announcement TODAY! - March 2022 Fraymakers Roundup!
- Building a Better Wave – DQ2 Progress Report for March 2022 by Lars Doucet.
- Dune: Spice Wars Introducing: The Fremen and official Early Access release date!
- How to create custom a deadzone or follow camera position in HaxeFlixel video by Richard Oliver Bray.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Rudy Geslin is looking for full-time remote work.
- Andreas Drewke is looking for a freelancer job or part time job.
- Shiro Games are looking for a talented marketing director to join them!
- ScottPlusPlus is looking to hire a Haxe developer, ideally with web experience, to help with consultation and code-reviews for a couple hours per week.
- Little team is looking for a Haxe developer to work on HTML5 games.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Senior Game Programmer.
- Basic Platformer Pathfinding AI for HaxeFlixel
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Motion Twin’s Dead Cells: The Queen and the Sea DLC is out on iOS and Android. The free updates Everyone is Here and Practice Makes Perfect are available to download too! ️
- Patreons can now check out an exclusive preview build of [Speer DX]!
- Unfamiliar, plus the game’s announcement by Dan Lin.
- Torcado’s Ludum Dare 50 entry - Chronis.
- Duck It! via Squidly.
- Volcano Maintenance by jefvel.
- The Pit by ZwodahS. Made with Heaps.
- Lightseekers by Chekisteg. Made with HaxeFlixel.
- Puddle Boat by Pirhana. Made with Heaps.
- Snowcastle meltdown by Noiyy. Made with OpenFL.
- Xermatt Redux. Made with Heaps.
- Calcium Carnage by Liam, made with HaxeFlixel.
- Ian Harrigan has made sure the HaxeUI pdcurses backend “works correctly with actions, meaning the UI can be navigated with the keyboard!”
- Ian Harrigan shows support for different font formats in HaxeUI RayLib.
- Via the Deepnight Discord server, Sébastien Bénard is promising a much better “external enum sync” experience for LDtk, with enum renaming support.
From the Haxe Discord server
- ShaharMS shows texter
git- a wrapper above TextField to support RTL text, full markdown and upper & lower masks!
- CRobes wrote Haxe Git Submodule Manager
git- a tool that automates adding/removing git submodules for easier dependency management.
- SRDude wrote a magic-array-tools
gitlibrary that converts clean, JS-like method chains on Arrays and Iterables into a single, inlined for-loop. ️
git: A shading language that can be compiled into GLSL ES 3.0.
git- Playdate Lua/C externs for working with the Playdate SDK by Kino.
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- Fraymakers takes a look at the Merchant Port stage!
- Merrak has released some scenes from the “High Security Compound”
WIPlevel in Rogue of Vallas.
- Andrej is presenting: World 4 of [Speer DX].
- Mauve shows new fog shader for Addlemoth.
- RPG Playground is working on damage types and equipment defence against it.
From the Haxe Discord server
- Daisy is going to make a joke game about lil star on a skate.
- Skidding system for the Sonic thingy by Daisy.
- Idenner is adding terraria-style invasions to Minicology.
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Funkin’ Crew is making Friday Night Funkin’, a cartoon rhythm gaming excellence
- Patrick is creating Raspberry Pi 4 support for Haxe/Lime/OpenFL/HaxeFlixel.
- Josh Tynjala is working on Feathers UI — open source, cross-platform UI components built with OpenFL.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Add new syntax for getters & setters inspired by the
C#property syntax proposal.
- Add a type for meaningless values (similar to unit type) proposal.
- Add better Overload Support proposal.
- Add Static Extension Meta Functions proposal.
enumproposal, plus clarification.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
26~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
[macro/display]Setting ComplexType to Field breaks Position data issue.
- Move warning list to prebuild pull request.
Std.parseInt()fixes and optimisations pull request.
- Unify compiler messages and diagnostics merged.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and see you next week.