Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Haxelib review:
- LDtk has Gone Gold! Check out the detailed release notes for version
1.0.0that has been released.
- Neighbourhood Generator
1.1.0: templates, large buildings and other features by Oleg Dolya.
- Light Dependent Resistance LDR simulation at DCACLab by Samir Sabri. ️
- External Lua libraries in Haxe article by Pixel Rebels.
- Dune: Spice Wars’ release date reveal is coming “soon”.
In case you missed it
- Jamming out devlog by Nick MSGhero.
- Introducing Ideckia, a “system to use your smartphone or tablet as a control panel” created by Josu Igoa.
- Take a deep dive with Fraymakers, “into a special portion of the engine that handles how stage collisions work in Fraymakers. Introducing: the Environment Collision Body!”
- First major content update for Wartales, Harag’s Marshlands.
- Dev Log
#10- New Tribe
- Story Creator - Episode 6 - Handling Errors and Displaying Results by StoryDev.
- Valentín Barros is testing a plotting app in Linux.
- Разработка рогалика (Roguelike dev) Defold + Haxe part
#8.1live stream by Pixel Rebels.
- Story Creator - Episode 7 - Generating Forms from Data - Part 1 by StoryDev.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Rudy Geslin is looking for full-time remote work.
- Andreas Drewke is looking for a freelancer job or part time job.
- Shiro Games are looking for a talented marketing director to join them!
- ScottPlusPlus is looking to hire a Haxe developer, ideally with web experience, to help with consultation and code-reviews for a couple hours per week.
- Little team is looking for a Haxe developer to work on HTML5 games.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Senior Game Programmer.
- Basic Platformer Pathfinding AI for HaxeFlixel
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- 25 second primer of [Speer DX] by Andrej. It is now available to wishlist on Steam!
- Dead Cells free update ‘Break the Bank’ is out now on PC & consoles. And more updates and DLC are coming in the future!
In case you missed it
- HaxeUI news from Ian Harrigan:
git- Next major future release of PlantUML.
git- A NES emulator built in Haxe.
git- Implementation of a Perceptron (supervised learning binary classifier).
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- A bit foggier. Forests from Addlemoth just got a bit spookier!
- Scenes from the revised ruins/hills level from Rogue of Vallas.
- The house from In your books.
- New GIFs from the new puzzle game by Robert Alvarez:
From the Haxe Discord server
- LIFE GOALS screenshot by NotBilly.
- Jeremy Fa is working on a narrative / point & click game prototype. And using Haxe & Ceramic. It can be built for web, native desktop and Unity as well!
- Jefvel is doing some stuff.
- Timothy Ian Hely has spent all day on this.
- Vasco been working on the GUI in G-Switch creator.
- Spitko spend the weekend rewriting audio system.
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Funkin’ Crew is making Friday Night Funkin’, a cartoon rhythm gaming excellence
- Patrick is creating Raspberry Pi 4 support for Haxe/Lime/OpenFL/HaxeFlixel.
- Josh Tynjala is working on Feathers UI — open source, cross-platform UI components built with OpenFL.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Add new syntax for getters & setters inspired by the
C#property syntax proposal.
- Add a type for meaningless values (similar to unit type) proposal.
- Add better Overload Support proposal.
- Add Static Extension Meta Functions proposal.
enumproposal, plus clarification.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
11~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Move HaxeLib to higher level merged.
- More typeload refactoring merged.
@:structInitclass properties cannot be marked optional on some targets issue.
- Add CFPostProcessed flag merged.
- Type definition of
haxe.macro.Type.AbstractType.unopsis wrong issue has been fixed.
- Don’t make
gen_localcount anything merged.
Sys.exitfor eval merged.
- Cannot use structure initialisation (from
@:structInit) to declare a new entry in a map issue.
- Deprecate a few CLI switches with
- Rework internal frontend part 1 “Server Mode” merged.
- Rework internal frontend part 2 “Diagnostics” merged.
- Sort out server module marks pull request.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and see you next week.