Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
4.2.5has been officially released!
- Wherever there may be profit, there will be smugglers, just waiting to play their cards right in Dune: Spice Wars.
- Quick Snow Effect in HaxeFlixel.
In case you missed it
- Uroboros - Fraymakers Original Soundtrack.
- Rogue of Vallas Area 1 Level 2 Comparison by Merrak.
- Free extra tileset for your RPG! indie devlog by RPG Playground.
- Story Creator - Episode 1 - Setup File Management by StoryDev.
- Story Creator - Episode 2 - Our Seamless Convo Finder by StoryDev.
- Story Creator - Episode 3 - Designing the Script Editor by StoryDev.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- StoryDev Monthly Update - March '22.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Rudy Geslin is looking for full-time remote work.
- Peter Achberger is available for freelance work.
- Andreas Drewke is looking for a freelancer job or part time job.
- Shiro Games are looking for a talented marketing director to join them!
- ScottPlusPlus is looking to hire a Haxe developer, ideally with web experience, to help with consultation and code-reviews for a couple hours per week.
- ZAVOD Games (Moscow, Russia) are looking for a Senior Haxe developer to work on Taonga: the Island Farm.
- Frontend Game Developer job offer in Moscow, Russia.
- Little team is looking for a Haxe developer to work on HTML5 games.
- Nexters (Moscow, Russia) are looking for a Haxe developer to work on Hero Wars.
- Nexters (Moscow, Russia) are looking for a Haxe developer to work on the web-version of their project Throne Rush.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Senior Game Programmer.
- The team behind Forge of Empires at InnoGames is looking for a Haxe developer, feel free to contact Dan Korostelev in case of any questions! More info can be found at the company’s website. ️
- The team at SoccerTutor are offering a bounty to get this
[cpp]issue 8400 fixed.
- Basic Platformer Pathfinding AI for HaxeFlixel
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Hold My Beer, the big free content update for Nuclear Blaze by Sébastien Bénard is now officially available on Steam!
Via the Haxe Discord server
- Draft mode in Dice Tribes: Ambitions is now live.
- Interstice Academy: Love is Blind by Nick.
- Ruby Heart Matchmakers by Prexot / goldenPiGames.
git- SVG editor for components.
git- Scoped exit expressions and autoclose variables.
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- Mood rn by Squidly.
- “Harag’s Marshlands may not look particularly welcoming, but trust us, it is the perfect place to hang with your friends…” in Wartales.
- Standing at the top by Naoya.
- Super Cosmic Heist - Mecha Malice Boss Updates by Fierce.
- Update of the bookshop from In your books.
- A peek at [Speer DX] - the new and improved version of puzzle-platformer [Speer] by Andrej.
- New screenshots from Addlemoth by mauve:
From the Haxe Discord server
- HEY my fire-effect works! by Timothy Ian Hely.
- Ninja_muffin been toying around with raycasting in the Flixel demo.
- 1337’s implementation of raytracing in Haxe from “Ray Tracing in One Weekend” by Peter Shirley.
- Extreme Engine video preview by Kacper.
- Looks like Sébastien Bénard is working on Linux version of Nuclear Blaze.
- Naoya’s experiment + chromatic aberration.
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Funkin’ Crew is making Friday Night Funkin’, a cartoon rhythm gaming excellence
- Patrick is creating Raspberry Pi 4 support for Haxe/Lime/OpenFL/HaxeFlixel.
- Josh Tynjala is working on Feathers UI — open source, cross-platform UI components built with OpenFL.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Add new syntax for getters & setters inspired by the
C#property syntax proposal.
- Add a type for meaningless values (similar to unit type) proposal.
- Add better Overload Support proposal.
- Add Static Extension Meta Functions proposal.
enumproposal, plus clarification.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
5~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Safe navigation runtime error issue.
[eval]Compiler crash on
.substrwith an invalid string issue.
[jvm]Generated bytecode Implements an interface twice fixed.
[jvm]Allow option to produce
.classfiles without zipping them into a jar added to nightly.
- Regex Unicode sequences break completion issue.
[js]ESM import syntax support issue.
[lua]Minimal implementation of ssl merged.
[jvm]Allow option to produce
.classfiles without zipping them into a jar feature request.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and see you next week.