Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Jeff Ward has added multiplayer support to Letter Shredder using WebSockets.
- Summoning Reinforcements - DQ2 Progress Report for February 2022 by Lars Doucet.
- The Shadowlight game update and change of plans.
4.2.5has been released on GitHub. ️
In case you missed it
- AMA with Dune: Spice Wars developers.
- A problem not worth solving article by Player03.
- Addlemoth Dev Update: February 2022 by mauve.
- Feathers UI
beta.9preview build on Haxelib by Josh Tynjala.
- Super Cosmic Heist Status Report. 2022 release still looks likely!
- Northgard is nominated for the Pocket Gamer People’s Choice Award 2022.
- New Animations + Shoutout to Drag Her! - February 2022 Fraymakers Roundup.
In case you missed it
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Rudy Geslin is looking for full-time remote work.
- Peter Achberger is available for freelance work.
- Andreas Drewke is looking for a freelancer job or part time job.
- Shiro Games are looking for a talented marketing director to join them!
- ScottPlusPlus is looking to hire a Haxe developer, ideally with web experience, to help with consultation and code-reviews for a couple hours per week.
- ZAVOD Games (Moscow, Russia) are looking for a Senior Haxe developer to work on Taonga: the Island Farm.
- Frontend Game Developer job offer in Moscow, Russia.
- Little team is looking for a Haxe developer to work on HTML5 games.
- Nexters (Moscow, Russia) are looking for a Haxe developer to work on Hero Wars.
- Nexters (Moscow, Russia) are looking for a Haxe developer to work on the web-version of their project Throne Rush.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Senior Game Programmer.
- The team behind Forge of Empires at InnoGames is looking for a Haxe developer, feel free to contact Dan Korostelev in case of any questions! More info can be found at the company’s website. ️
- The team at SoccerTutor are offering a bounty to get this
[cpp]issue 8400 fixed.
- Basic Platformer Pathfinding AI for HaxeFlixel
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
In case you missed it
- HaxeUI “canvas” abstract drawing PoC by Ian Harrigan.
- Via the Haxe Discord server, Fsasquatch is making a tiny logging library.
git- A base game to be used for interns study.
git- Experimental library to implement data binding with
git- A Torque Game Engine DTS parser.
git- A silly game engine development toolkit.
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- Another character from In your books - Miss Orme.
- Timothy Ian Hely is teasing new game Bring It On!
- New wood floor tileset for Addlemoth.
- Super Cosmic Heist - Overlord Mecha Malice Boss
- CommandersVideo’s new dash attack is perfect for chasing down your opponents in Fraymakers latest preview.
- Merrak previews a new entry room in a “water facility”, now with animated waterfalls! Made in Stencyl.
- Couple of quick videos from Renaine:
- Oleg Dolya is working on their 7DRL entry:
From the Haxe Discord server
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Funkin’ Crew is making Friday Night Funkin’, a cartoon rhythm gaming excellence
- Patrick is creating Raspberry Pi 4 support for Haxe/Lime/OpenFL/HaxeFlixel.
- Josh Tynjala is working on Feathers UI — open source, cross-platform UI components built with OpenFL.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Add a type for meaningless values (similar to unit type) proposal.
- Add better Overload Support proposal.
- Add Static Extension Meta Functions proposal.
enumproposal, plus clarification.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
5~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Regex Unicode sequences break completion issue.
[js]ESM import syntax support issue.
[lua]Minimal implementation of ssl merged.
[jvm]Allow option to produce
.classfiles without zipping them into a jar feature request.
-wdraft pull request.
- Atomic operations pull request.
^anchor broken when using
[neko]Clean up chocolatey package building pull request.
[neko]Generate usage message copyright year automatically pull request.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and see you next week.