Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
1.4in-depth release article by Ian Harrigan.
- The first RPG Playground GAME NIGHT will be on Friday Feb 18 @ 7pm-9pm EST. ️
- Feathers UI Devlog
#41: RouterNavigator path parameters and redirects, lime-openfl-maven-plugin, TodoMVN and HN Reader samples. ️
- Dan Hett “had a chance to go deep on the writing and production of Closed Hands with
@gamedevdotcom, if you’re interested in why the game exists and how we managed it, have a peek!”.
- Introducing: House Harkonnen in Dune: Spice Wars.
- Introduction to the Haxe programming language tutorial (in Greek) by Harpwood.
- Timothy Ian Hely is still working on new Snippets for HaxeFlixel. Do you have suggestions or want to help us out?
In case you missed it
- Announcing the Shadowlight game created in Kha and accompanying YouTube series.
- Remoting and how to properly handle binary responses?
- Timothy Ian Hely is adding new snippets to the HaxeFlixel snippet site and is looking for suggestions.
- Mauve has posted a development log update on January’s work for Addlemoth.
- Medieval Fantasy City Generator
0.9.1: trees and other visual changes by Oleg Dolya.
- WarTales Community Update
- Rogue of Vallas Lighting Demonstration by Merrak.
- Adding physics to a HaxeFlixel game with Echo part 5 | Overlap triggers by Richard Oliver Bray.
- Importing assets on iOS video by ArmorPaint.
- Armory3D and blender versions explained - Why Armory doesn’t use normal blender by Exceptional 3D tutorials.
- Armory3D in 2022 | Is it good now? video by Exceptional 3D tutorial.
- Ingame Menu added game devlog by RPG Playground.
- I Made a Game with Ecological Mechanics! video by Isaac Denner.
- Did You Miss It? - Week
#2Programming video by StoryDev.
- Dune: Spice Wars - First Gameplay Trailer.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Rudy Geslin is looking for full-time remote work.
- Peter Achberger is available for freelance work.
- Andreas Drewke is looking for a freelancer job or part time job.
- Shiro Games are looking for a talented marketing director to join them!
- ScottPlusPlus is looking to hire a Haxe developer, ideally with web experience, to help with consultation and code-reviews for a couple hours per week.
- ZAVOD Games (Moscow, Russia) are looking for a Senior Haxe developer to work on Taonga: the Island Farm.
- Frontend Game Developer job offer in Moscow, Russia.
- Little team is looking for a Haxe developer to work on HTML5 games.
- Nexters (Moscow, Russia) are looking for a Haxe developer to work on Hero Wars.
- Nexters (Moscow, Russia) are looking for a Haxe developer to work on the web-version of their project Throne Rush.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Senior Game Programmer.
- The team behind Forge of Empires at InnoGames is looking for a Haxe developer, feel free to contact Dan Korostelev in case of any questions! More info can be found at the company’s website. ️
- The team at SoccerTutor are offering a bounty to get this
[cpp]issue 8400 fixed.
- Basic Platformer Pathfinding AI for HaxeFlixel
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Wartales is
20%off till the end of February the 20th on Steam!
- Bad Soccer Manager is available on iOS by Jano Games made in Stencyl.
- Andrej has released version
1.0.3of Go! Go! PogoGirl with a “much requested feature: A timer that tracks and saves your best times, so you can try to speedrun the game!”
- New ArmorPaint builds are out on iOS and Android. More to come!
- MOTO RUN 3310 by Michael Miriti.
- Via the Haxe Discord server, Mig Moog has finished The Zoo Game and open sourced it.
In case you missed it
- Will Blanton has released ️ ️ millstone ️ ️ available on
itch.io. A tiny, brutal, web based, free to play card game that tests your memory and willpower, made in HaxeFlixel in 2 days.
- Will Blanton has added a Mac version of Upsquid.
- Dead Cells: The Queen and the Sea DLC will come out on mobiles this spring.
- JanoGames got a working prototype of Football Skyscrapers available to play at itch.io.
- Via the Haxe Discord server, ZwodahS has released
0.3.0update for Dice kingdom.
0.10.0 betais now available for public testing. Full changelog. Please be warned that it’s NOT production ready. The stable
1.0.0release should happen later this month, if everything goes as planned.
- Nothing of interest this week.
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- Fraymakers demo “when it comes to making hits feel good, seemingly small animations make a huge difference.” Plus a slightly more detailed description.
- Wartales release their roadmap for March, Summer and beyond!
- Kino Rose previews some puzzle work for their new game built in Heaps.
- Wind in space in Jitter Sandbox, made with Heaps.
- Gepatto been working with Will Blanton on getting wonderful Upsquid game running on the Raspberry Pi 4. And it runs on x11 too!
- Fiscal jesters now has 11 playable characters, and I’ll keep going.
- So much too do, so little time. In your books previews some great art.
- Rainy day fishing. made with HaxeFlixel.
From the Haxe Discord server
- Animal crossing style voice noises by Prexot / goldenPiGames.
- R.c is still refining procedurally generated islands made with Heaps.
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Funkin’ Crew is making Friday Night Funkin’, a cartoon rhythm gaming excellence
- Patrick is creating Raspberry Pi 4 support for Haxe/Lime/OpenFL/HaxeFlixel.
- Josh Tynjala is working on Feathers UI — open source, cross-platform UI components built with OpenFL.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Add a type for meaningless values (similar to unit type) proposal.
- Add better Overload Support proposal.
- Add Static Extension Meta Functions proposal.
enumproposal, plus clarification.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
28~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
[neko]Migrate to PCRE2 library merged.
[hxcpp]Fix Unicode file operations merged.
- Semaphores and condition variables merged.
- Null coalescing operator merged.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and have a great December & a Happy New Years!