Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
traceis not enough”, introducing ZenLog by Scott.
- Stoking Rivalry - DQ2 Progress Report for November 2021 by Lars Doucet.
- Dealing with the Android back button for Heaps/Hashlink article by Brad Gill.
- LumbirBwut has written a new entry about adding a Life Bar for Haxe and LDtk tutorial.
- Programming can be fun by MSGhero.
- Heck Deck by torcado had been featured on the App Store in 9 countries, including the USA!
- Kaelan Evans has started tumblr page with notes about daily progress.
- Congrats to Jefvel for Grandpa’s Minigun getting best game of November. via George.
In case you missed it
- Value types vs allocated types and SoA in Haxe question, with George Corney providing a proof of concept macro SoA & AoS abstract over plain byte buffers.
- Trigger vibration on Android from Heaps/Hashlink article by Brad Gill.
- Presenting Hexlock, a really fun game for Android by Brad Gill.
- New HUD, Animations and FrayTools Features! - November 2021 Fraymakers Roundup.
- Closed Hands featured in Kotaku’s “14 Fascinating Unknown Indie Games To Play Straight Away” article, via Dan Hett.
- A Substance Painter Alternative On The iPad Pro?? Is It Any Good? video by Dev Gods.
- Welcome to the HaxeIn by Fiene & Nenad Bojkovski.
- Elvenar - Haxe: Switching to Haxe During Production by Alexander Rotter.
- Introduction to the Glory Framework by Allan Dowdeswell.
- Haxe Winter Report by Simon Krajewski.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- Nuclear Blaze OST - Through fire and flames - Pentadrangle.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Rudy Geslin is looking for full-time remote work.
- Peter Achberger is available for freelance work.
- Andreas Drewke is looking for a freelancer job or part time job.
- Frontend Game Developer job offer in Moscow, Russia.
- Little team is looking for a Haxe developer to work on HTML5 games.
- Nexters (Moscow, Russia) are looking for a Haxe developer to work on Hero Wars.
- Nevosoft (Saint Petersburg, Russia) are looking for a Haxe developer to work on their mobile game Charm Farm.
- Nexters (Moscow, Russia) are looking for a Haxe developer to work on the web-version of their project Throne Rush.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Senior Game Programmer.
- The team behind Forge of Empires at InnoGames is looking for a Haxe developer, feel free to contact Dan Korostelev in case of any questions! More info can be found at the company’s website. ️
- Basic Platformer Pathfinding AI for HaxeFlixel
FlxG.collidewith simple object “mass” for HaxeFlixel
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- “Just act as if nothing happened, human”. The Hold My Beer update will double the content of Nuclear Blaze: new areas, enemies and secrets! And an alternated ending. And cats.
- Spirkop now has a windows version of Energy Island Corp. with Electron and Steamworks integration.
1.0.1demo is out. And mauve wants your feedback!
- TANKMAS HAS STARTED!!! Tankmas ADVENTure 2021 on NewGrounds.
- Mine Blocks bugfix update went out including like 42 improvements!
In case you missed it
- To celebrate the 20th year of Motion Twin and 6 million units sold of Dead Cells, Motion Twin has announced that The Queen and the Sea DLC a.k.a the epic conclusion of DLC Trilogy will land on PC & Consoles Q1 2022!
- The time has arrived. Wartales has been released into Early Access. Watch the early access release Trailer. ⚔
- Robert Alvarez has released new puzzle platformer called “Jump and Hover” on Itch and NewGrounds.
- Mauve has released the demo of Addlemoth! And is already working on players feedback.
- Rafael has released Trash Hook, in which you are “a fisherman, you decide to save the ocean, one trash at a time!”
- Some new additions to Nuclear Blaze by Sébastien Benard:
- Via the Haxe Discord server, ZwodahS has released Dice Kingdom
v0.1.2update. So what is dice kingdom?.
- Via the Haxe Discord server, A little scared is an entry by Hello Lightbulb for GitHub’s Game Off 2021 game jam. via Richard Bray.
- Advent of Code 2021 repo by Tim I Hely.
- Drawing with texture, animated by Justin.
- HaxeUI “action manager” is coming along nicely. Still a lot to do, but currently available in GIT version and working well for selected components at least.
- Via the Haxe Discord server, Jeremy Fa is adding a list component to immediate UI API for Ceramic with sortable items, lockable etc…
0.9.3has been released.
git- This is a helper library to streamline
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- “Daddy I want a fire station in the firefighter game” - That’s how Sébastien Benard prioritize gamedev tasks.
- Sometimes in Renaine you try to be flashy and end up getting blown up twice.
- Rotating a group of objects GIF from Techy Wrinkles.
- Check out what’s planned for stage 1 of WarTales Early Access.
- Super Cosmic Heist - Close Up Gameplay Snippet and Gameplay Snippet #2.
- Oleg Dolya is hoping to turn this into a simple castle eventually.
- Mine Blocks 2 will be getting an engine replacement surgery soon.
- New GIFs from SavanDev:
- New GIFs from Jitter Sandbox by Syo:
- New GIF and screenshot from Go! Go! PogoGirls by Andrej:
From the Haxe Discord server
- Bloodninja’s editor can finally save and load files.
- Naoya shared a GIF from the
- ZwodahS is reworking the UI for the game made for haxe-jam.
- ManuKruopos has shared a quick video from WIP game which is being made with Haxe and Heaps.
- Daniel Blaker is having fun with orbdig on Android.
- More Heaps stuff from Kino.
- Bumble Bee been making a few upgrades.
- Idenner is really happy with how this boss fight is turning out.
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Funkin’ Crew is making Friday Night Funkin’, a cartoon rhythm gaming excellence
- Patrick is creating Raspberry Pi 4 support for Haxe/Lime/OpenFL/HaxeFlixel.
- Josh Tynjala is working on Feathers UI — open source, cross-platform UI components built with OpenFL.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Add a type for meaningless values (similar to unit type) proposal.
- Add better Overload Support proposal.
- Add Static Extension Meta Functions proposal.
enumproposal, plus clarification.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
14~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
In case you missed it
- Semaphores and condition variables pull request.
abstractexpression keyword pull request
- Type hole with open? structures issue.
@:strictdoesn’t produce arguments issue.
- Default type parameters pull request.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and have a great December & a Happy New Years!