Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Haxe Evolution meeting 2021 proposal verdict article by Aurel Bílý. ️
- HaxeJam 2021: Winter Edition by logo4poop. ️
- Haxe Godot externs updated for Godot
- Neighbourhood Generator by Oleg Dolya.
- Promising project for Haxe to Flutter.
In case you missed it
- Moonshine IDE’s code editor powered by Feathers UI!
- iOS & Android Native Extension discussion.
- Taking Hostages – DQ2 Progress Report for October 2021 by Lars Doucet.
- PogoGirl Devlog
#26: Shwing! by Andrej Preradovic.
- Personal website made entirely with Armory3D by Rogério Perdiz.
- Happy anniversary to Double Turn!
- Wartales: Early Access Announcement Trailer.
- Check player offscreen Armory3D tutorial by Willbot Studio.
- Collision layers and masks, Armory3D tutorial by Willbot Studio.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Rudy Geslin is looking for full-time remote work.
- Peter Achberger is available for freelance work.
- Andreas Drewke is looking for a freelancer job or part time job.
- Little team is looking for a Haxe developer to work on HTML5 games.
- Nexters (Moscow, Russia) are looking for a Haxe developer to work on Hero Wars.
- Nevosoft (Saint Petersburg, Russia) are looking for a Haxe developer to work on their mobile game Charm Farm.
- Nexters (Moscow, Russia) are looking for a Haxe developer to work on the web-version of their project Throne Rush.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Senior Game Programmer.
- The team behind Forge of Empires at InnoGames is looking for a Haxe developer, feel free to contact Dan Korostelev in case of any questions! More info can be found at the company’s website. ️
- Basic Platformer Pathfinding AI for HaxeFlixel
FlxG.collidewith simple object “mass” for HaxeFlixel
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Next update for Nuclear Blaze by Sébastien Bénard will feature a NewGame+ mode. It will affect all levels a LOT, adding new threats, areas and items.
- Wartales by Shiro Games is coming to Steam Early Access on the 1st of December.
- Kyatt7 has released a magical new Fiscal Jesters update which features a new character The Bog Jester and a new currency Tarot Coins.
In case you missed it
- Nuclear Blaze by Sébastien Bénard released on Itch.io.
- IriySoft has ported Battalion Commander to Android, the iOS version is coming soon!
- Memory Match Game Prototype for OpenFL by George Harpwood.
- Surprise! This Thursday the 11th, Dicey Dungeons is coming to Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S!
- Heck Deck by torcado will be released on PC and mobile on January 11th, 2022!
- Via the Haxe Discord server, Jefvel has released an endless mode for Grandpa’s Minigun.
- Justin has added ‘basic’ hxDaedalus WebGL example using cornerContour.
- Justin has added ttf load and render of font contours in cornerContour on WebGL using Haxe: demo and source code available from GitHub.
- The actions package by tong for building Armory3D projects in GitHub workflows is now available on the marketplace.
git- Cross-platform 2D physics-based puzzle game using Nape physics engine, written in Haxe.
git- A class for creating tweens in Haxe - because there’s infinity between 0 and 1.
git- Flow Based Programming Kit.
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- CRT shader for Go! Go! PogoGirl.
- Winter has come to Go! Go! PogoGirl’s island.
- We have LORE in Addlemoth by mauve.
- Demo’s JP translation is moving along.
- Tyler’s first custom shader with palette quantization/posterization.
- Shamanic mandala in Kanyon Karver represents the score multiplier buff and the elation that one gets from a successful ride.
- Super Cosmic Heist - World 5-4
- Have you ever been picked on? by Fraymakers.
- Professor at the Universitat de Barcelona who uses RPG Playground in his Masters degree class.
- ddmills has made a little progress: brightened up the color palette, started adding crew members and a map.
- Will you be brave enough to face the Ghost Pack in Wartales?
- Here is some advance in the map generation for sandbox scenario in Energy Island Corp by SpirkopGames.
- A perfectly looping gif from Renaine.
- New characters in Dead Cells:
From the Haxe Discord server
- Skyfire2008 has added a new enemy and showed screenshot of a custom self-made editor.
- Will Blanton has shared mockup and progress of a turnbased stealth marble deckbuilder.
Get ready for the next HaxeJam 2021: Winter Edition! ️
- Harold Swore An Oath by Nathm8, source available on GitHub.
- Distactia by Kino Rose, source code available on GitHub.
- Dice Kingdom by ZwodahS, source available on GitLab.
- Put a Flag on It! by Drewby and Sparkhur, source available on GitHub.
- Git Gold by John Doughty, source available on GitHub.
- Dash OVERLORD by Bogdan2D, source available on GitHub.
- Battle of the Overlords by Serius Games, source available on GitHub.
- OverloadS by GoKritz, source available on GitHub.
- Haxe Jam by CerealBuffer, source available on GitHub.
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Funkin’ Crew is making Friday Night Funkin’, a cartoon rhythm gaming excellence
- Patrick is creating Raspberry Pi 4 support for Haxe/Lime/OpenFL/HaxeFlixel.
- Josh Tynjala is working on Feathers UI — open source, cross-platform UI components built with OpenFL.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Add a type for meaningless values (similar to unit type) proposal.
- Add better Overload Support proposal.
- Add Static Extension Meta Functions proposal.
enumproposal, plus clarification.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
23~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
...restarguments is not perfect issue.
stdoutof a process can hang on Windows issue.
[haxelib]Library name capitalisation issues.
[hashlink]Build a library usable for embedding & FFI pull request.
[hashlink]Phantom fields appear in typedef argument in 64-bit Hashlink closed.
[hashlink]Implement profiler for Linux merged.
- The following proposals have been accepted.
In case you missed it
@:java.defaultvs interface order issue.
- The Haxe Evolution meeting has taken place to discuss proposals, rejecting the following:
- Add Destructor proposal.
- Allow enums to opt-out of publishing their constructors in the implicit global scope proposal…
- Add destructive assignments proposal.
- Add Matcher: setting variables and guard as expression in a pattern proposal.
- Add Single pattern check proposal.
- Add Shorthand nullable-type syntax proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and have a good week!