Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
4.2.4has been officially released!
- HaxeIn 2021 powered by InnoGames - Winter Edition announcement by Josefiene.
- Feathers UI beta.7 preview build on HaxeLib article by Josh Tynjala.
- Octodad for Early Access! 🐙OCTOTOBER🐙 - October 2021 Fraymakers Roundup.
- 🏠Village Generator
1.2.7: improved fields and roads article by Oleg Dolya.
- Kenny Golf wrote up Devtober 2021 Postmortem about porting Double Turn to Switch. ️
In case you missed it
- How Dead Cells & Little Kids Sparked Nuclear Blaze video game review and interview with Sébastien Bénard.️
- Introduction to HaxeFlixel Part 35 - Rage Quitting Intensifies by Questionable Programming.
- Input nodes EXPLAINED - Armory 3D - beginner tutorial by Willbot Studio.
- Action nodes EXPLAINED - Armory 3D - beginner tutorial by Willbot Studio.
- Logic and conditions EXPLAINED - Armory 3D - beginner tutorial by Willbot Studio.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- Introduction to HaxeFlixel Part 34 - Finishing the Game by Questionable Programming.
- Texturing a Cowboy with ArmorPaint
0.8video by Armory.
- Pause menu in Armory 3D tutorial by Willbot Studio.
- Via the Haxe Discord server, KatrinaKitten is working on the beginnings of a metroidvania with HaxeFlixel - Project Ilium Dev.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Rudy Geslin is looking for full-time remote work.
- Peter Achberger is available for freelance work.
- Andreas Drewke is looking for a freelancer job or part time job.
- Little team is looking for a Haxe developer to work on HTML5 games.
- Nexters (Moscow, Russia) are looking for a Haxe developer to work on Hero Wars.
- Nevosoft (Saint Petersburg, Russia) are looking for a Haxe developer to work on their mobile game Charm Farm.
- Nexters (Moscow, Russia) are looking for a Haxe developer to work on the web-version of their project Throne Rush.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Senior Game Programmer.
- The team behind Forge of Empires at InnoGames is looking for a Haxe developer, feel free to contact Dan Korostelev in case of any questions! More info can be found at the company’s website. ️
- Basic Platformer Pathfinding AI for HaxeFlixel
FlxG.collidewith simple object “mass” for HaxeFlixel
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Bad Soccer Manager is out now, created by Jano Games using Stencyl. Available from the app store.
- Jefvel has released Grandpa’s Minigun onto Newgrounds, in which “you can shoot stuff extremely hard”.
- Tom Thirkettle has released SUPER SCARY MONSTER ROAD, out now on iOS, made with Stencyl.
- Robert Alvarez has released CCMMYY on Itch and NewGrounds.
- HxFloppyBird is the 9th of 10 simple game prototypes made by George Harpwood.
- Harold Swore An Oath by Nathm8, source available on GitHub.
- Distactia by Kino Rose, source code available on GitHub.
- Dice Kingdom by ZwodahS, source available on GitLab.
- Put a Flag on It! by Drewby and Sparkhur, source available on GitHub.
- Git Gold by John Doughty, source available on GitHub.
- Dash OVERLORD by Bogdan2D, source available on GitHub.
- Battle of the Overlords by Serius Games, source available on GitHub.
- OverloadS by GoKritz, source available on GitHub.
- Haxe Jam by CerealBuffer, source available on GitHub.
- Go a little crazy with composite menus in HaxeUI by Ian Harrigan.
- Justin has added ellipse cap endings to
- Nikolay has prepared Kanyon Karver presskit page.
- Questions about Star, an experimental programming language that’s made to be powerful, productive and predictable.
- Feathers UI
v1.0.0-beta.7for Haxe and OpenFL pre-release.
git- A simple Haxe implementation of TyD - Tynan’s Tiny Data Language.
git- Watch Application System in Haxe. ️
git- A Torque Dif parsing library written in Haxe so nobody has to ever write a Dif parser in different languages.
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- This years Halloween card from the cast of Rogue of Vallas by Merrak.
- Super Cosmic Heist - World 5-3
WIPby Fierce, made in Stencyl.
- Techy Wrinkles is testing out level 2 of their shmup boss shooting patterns.
- "Exploring the unknown, what riches and horrors lie ahead?" by ddmills.
- Squuuidly has worked on Renaine’s Companion and cutscenes this week.
- Looks like Addlemoth demo could be released this month.
- Mauve had no idea how this bug manifested in the slightest. But it turned out to be three separate bugs in a trenchcoat.
From the Haxe Discord server
- Will Blanton is working on a hf splash screen.
- Skyfire2008 is working on a new game for Devtober.
- Naoya has shared video from WIP platformer game.
- Clable by Andrei Rudenko using Kha.
- Doctor Concoctor: Bullet-helly roguelite twinstick shooter by Aurel.
- GUNSTABLE by torcado. Made with OpenFL.
- Jérémy Fa’s entry - It will Fall. Made with Ceramic engine.
- Jefvel’s entry - Horse with a Human Mask On a Tightrope.
- 鬼心伝 - A Story of Heartful Oni is another one Ludum Dare 49 entry made with Haxe by group of Christopher Ortiz, Chris, Frroyo, Merenge and Juneji.
- ZwodahS’s entry - Unstable OS.
- Aeveis’s entry - Okay & Alright. Made with HaxeFlixel.
- Via the Haxe Discord server, Viole(n)t Cooking made with Heaps. via Yanrishatum.
- Structure Rescue by GlacierEclipse made with HaxePunk.
- Pocobot’s Obligation made with OpenFL.
- A Crumbly Planet by Kumber using HaxeFlixel.
- The Pearl Thief by Furfel using HaxeFlixel.
- Submit your LD49 entry built with Haxe.
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Funkin’ Crew is making Friday Night Funkin’, a cartoon rhythm gaming excellence
- Patrick is creating Raspberry Pi 4 support for Haxe/Lime/OpenFL/HaxeFlixel.
- Josh Tynjala is working on Feathers UI — open source, cross-platform UI components built with OpenFL.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add better Overload Support proposal.
haxe.Int64Numeric Literal Suffix proposal. ️
- Add Static Extension Meta Functions proposal.
- Add Number Separator proposal.
- Add Safe navigation operator proposal.
- Add Destructor proposal.
enumproposal, plus clarification…
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
- Add Null coalescing operator proposal.
- Add local static proposal.
- Allow enums to opt-out of publishing their constructors in the implicit global scope proposal.
- Add destructive assignments proposal.
- Add Matcher: setting variables and guard as expression in a pattern proposal.
- Add Single pattern check proposal.
- Add Shorthand nullable-type syntax proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
32~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.