Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
4.2.4has been released.
0.8has been released.
- The Haunting of… article by Oleg Doyla.
- Feathers UI Devlog: DatePicker and PopUpDatePicker.
- Jérémy Fa is quite surprised with Ludum Dare results of “It will Fall”.
- The HaxeJam 2021 results have been announced! ️
In case you missed it
- Armory3D Community Game Jam 2.0 page and video announcement, has started, hosted by Willbot Studios.
- Introduction to HaxeFlixel Part 34 - Finishing the Game by Questionable Programming.
- Texturing a Cowboy with ArmorPaint
0.8video by Armory.
- Pause menu in Armory 3D tutorial by Willbot Studio.
- Via the Haxe Discord server, KatrinaKitten is working on the beginnings of a metroidvania with HaxeFlixel - Project Ilium Dev.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- Introduction to HaxeFlixel Part 33 - Adding HUD and Level 2 by Questionable Programming.
- How to hide sprites behind other sprites in HaxeFlixel | 2D Stealth indie game devlog #5 by Richard Oliver Bray.
- Extra logic nodes for Armory 3D video by Willbot Studio.
- Changing materials In Armory 3D + Game example tutorial by Willbot Studio.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Rudy Geslin is looking for full-time remote work.
- Peter Achberger is available for freelance work.
- Andreas Drewke is looking for a freelancer job or part time job.
- Nexters (Moscow, Russia) are looking for a Haxe developer to work on Hero Wars.
- Nevosoft (Saint Petersburg, Russia) are looking for a Haxe developer to work on their mobile game Charm Farm.
- Nexters (Moscow, Russia) are looking for a Haxe developer to work on the web-version of their project Throne Rush.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Senior Game Programmer.
- The team behind Forge of Empires at InnoGames is looking for a Haxe developer, feel free to contact Dan Korostelev in case of any questions! More info can be found at the company’s website. ️
- Basic Platformer Pathfinding AI for HaxeFlixel
FlxG.collidewith simple object “mass” for HaxeFlixel
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
In case you missed it
- Harold Swore An Oath by Nathm8, source available on GitHub.
- Distactia by Kino Rose.
- Dice Kingdom by ZwodahS, source available on GitLab.
- Put a Flag on It! by Drewby, Sparkhur & AshCoolbro.
- Git Gold by John Doughty, source available on GitHub.
- Dash OVERLORD by Bogdan2D, source available on GitHub.
- Battle of the Overlords by Serius Games.
- OverloadS by GoKritz, source available on GitHub.
- Haxe Jam by CerealBuffer.
- Ian Harrigan previews HaxeUI sidebars and splitters, which recently have been added to HaxeUI’s Kenney Theme.
- Justin has made progress in
cornerContourby adding gradient circles, square end cap support for gradients and more!
- Kaelan Evans has made Haxe Mandelbrot shader much more colourful now!.
git- Shows content of ByteBuffers as formatted strings.
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- Fraymakers preview Octodad’s aerial, “a callback to key art from Octodad: Dadliest Catch”.
- Alex Lanzetta “hacked together a silly audio toy” for themselves using the Web Audio API and hscript.
- Mine Blocks Beta previews the main menu and pause menu to the old Flash version.
- Super Cosmic Heist - World 5-2
- Jano Games shows more pregame quandaries in Bad Soccer Manager.
- Super Cosmic Heist - The Prison Planet interior shots by Fierce.
- Merrak has finished the new title screen for Rogue of Vallas!
- Cobra Blade has revived Soulless, with turns 13 this Halloween! The new “version contains everything from the previous versions and now that it is made in Stencyl it also runs better than ever. Making this the definitive way to enjoy the game”.
- George is making things ride other things .
- SavanDev is porting COLORLESS to Android.
- Eagles, to the rescue in Kanyon Karver.
- Mauve is updating sprites/animations for Addlemoth to new standards.
- Ddmills is cookin up something good with Haxe and Heaps.
- Trap doors in Super Cosmic Heist by Fierce.
From the Haxe Discord server
- Will Blanton been spending the past week remaking an old Ludum Dare game.
- BummyBoi has returned to working on Mario3 overworld generator.
- Clable by Andrei Rudenko using Kha.
- Doctor Concoctor: Bullet-helly roguelite twinstick shooter by Aurel.
- GUNSTABLE by torcado. Made with OpenFL.
- Jérémy Fa’s entry - It will Fall. Made with Ceramic engine.
- Jefvel’s entry - Horse with a Human Mask On a Tightrope.
- 鬼心伝 - A Story of Heartful Oni is another one Ludum Dare 49 entry made with Haxe by group of Christopher Ortiz, Chris, Frroyo, Merenge and Juneji.
- ZwodahS’s entry - Unstable OS.
- Aeveis’s entry - Okay & Alright. Made with HaxeFlixel.
- Via the Haxe Discord server, Viole(n)t Cooking made with Heaps. via Yanrishatum.
- Structure Rescue by GlacierEclipse made with HaxePunk.
- Pocobot’s Obligation made with OpenFL.
- A Crumbly Planet by Kumber using HaxeFlixel.
- The Pearl Thief by Furfel using HaxeFlixel.
- Submit your LD49 entry built with Haxe.
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Funkin’ Crew is making Friday Night Funkin’, a cartoon rhythm gaming excellence
- Patrick is creating Raspberry Pi 4 support for Haxe/Lime/OpenFL/HaxeFlixel.
- Josh Tynjala is working on Feathers UI — open source, cross-platform UI components built with OpenFL.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
haxe.Int64Numeric Literal Suffix proposal. ️
- Add Static Extension Meta Functions proposal.
- Add Number Separator proposal.
- Add Safe navigation operator proposal.
- Add Destructor proposal.
enumproposal, plus clarification…
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
- Add Null coalescing operator proposal.
- Add local static proposal.
- Allow enums to opt-out of publishing their constructors in the implicit global scope proposal.
- Add destructive assignments proposal.
- Add Matcher: setting variables and guard as expression in a pattern proposal.
- Add Single pattern check proposal.
- Add Shorthand nullable-type syntax proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
18~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
[core]EReg named groups issue.
In case you missed it
[python]Tracing some native values may throw fixed.
systests for node target merged.
- Don’t die when resolving overloads fixed.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and have a good week!