Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- The HaxeJam has started!!! This year’s theme is Overlords. 57 people have joined! ️
- Need ideas for good uses of HaxeFlixel Patreon funds article.
- Closed Hands Review by The Sixth Axis via Dan Hett.
- Porting Haxe to a new OS?
In case you missed it
- The HaxeJam 2021 has been announced and has started, hosted by logo4poop. ️
- Armory3D Community Game Jam 2.0 page and video announcement, has started, hosted by Willbot Studios.
- Introduction to HaxeFlixel Part 33 - Adding HUD and Level 2 by Questionable Programming.
- How to hide sprites behind other sprites in HaxeFlixel | 2D Stealth indie game devlog #5 by Richard Oliver Bray.
- Extra logic nodes for Armory 3D video by Willbot Studio.
- Changing materials In Armory 3D + Game example tutorial by Willbot Studio.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Rudy Geslin is looking for full-time remote work.
- Peter Achberger is available for freelance work.
- Andreas Drewke is looking for a freelancer job or part time job.
- Nexters (Moscow, Russia) are looking for a Haxe developer to work on Hero Wars.
- Nevosoft (Saint Petersburg, Russia) are looking for a Haxe developer to work on their mobile game Charm Farm.
- Nexters (Moscow, Russia) are looking for a Haxe developer to work on the web-version of their project Throne Rush.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Senior Game Programmer.
- The team behind Forge of Empires at InnoGames is looking for a Haxe developer, feel free to contact Dan Korostelev in case of any questions! More info can be found at the company’s website. ️
- Basic Platformer Pathfinding AI for HaxeFlixel
FlxG.collidewith simple object “mass” for HaxeFlixel
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Pilie Pals by Kirill Poletaev has been released on Steam!
- Nuclear Blaze by Sébastien Bénard is now available on Steam!. And Sébastien is already teasing something for the game.
In case you missed it
- Via the Haxe Discord server, George Harpwood has finished 8th out of 10 prototype: HxFour. Game’s AI might or might not be improved in the future.
- Via the Haxe Discord server, Squidly has made a little game PAD24 Day 12 - Casino. You can read a bit more about it on discord.
- Zzox (tyler) has made a new rhythm game “panic”, which is available on Newgrounds and Itch.
- Clable by Andrei Rudenko using Kha.
- Doctor Concoctor: Bullet-helly roguelite twinstick shooter by Aurel.
- GUNSTABLE by torcado. Made with OpenFL.
- Jérémy Fa’s entry - It will Fall. Made with Ceramic engine.
- Jefvel’s entry - Horse with a Human Mask On a Tightrope.
- 鬼心伝 - A Story of Heartful Oni is another one Ludum Dare 49 entry made with Haxe by group of Christopher Ortiz, Chris, Frroyo, Merenge and Juneji.
- ZwodahS’s entry - Unstable OS.
- Aeveis’s entry - Okay & Alright. Made with HaxeFlixel.
- Via the Haxe Discord server, Viole(n)t Cooking made with Heaps. via Yanrishatum.
- Structure Rescue by GlacierEclipse made with HaxePunk.
- Pocobot’s Obligation made with OpenFL.
- A Crumbly Planet by Kumber using HaxeFlixel.
- The Pearl Thief by Furfel using HaxeFlixel.
- Submit your LD49 entry built with Haxe.
- Justin has added more arrow endings to
cornerContour. You can see the test source for trying line endings at GitHub, where you can also find demo links.
- Via the Haxe Discord server, Kaelan Evans has made a rudimentary Mandelbrot shader in Haxe. Here is the shader code itself.
- Via the Haxe Discord server, Jeremy Fa is experimenting with a new API for Ceramic: take screenshots of the window.
- Snekky bytecode has been reworked.
git- Roguelike Engine written in Haxe/Heaps. Requires their other library zf
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- Talking animations in Renaine.
- Swinging obstacle for Go! Go! PogoGirl. And the game has Steam achievement support.
- Robert Alvarez is working on a new web game with color-based collisions.
- JanoGames is adding in pregame quandries in Bad Soccer Manager.
- Halloween in Northgard?
- Motion Alarm Test
WIPby Fierce, made in Stencyl.
- Fraymakers October update all about Octodad’s unique physique!
- Clean shots of the Sleek Boss Fight in Suoer Cosmic Heist by Fierce.
- New screenshots and quick videos from Addlemoth by mauve:
From the Haxe Discord server
- Bloodninja is editing level with pen input on a tablet.
- ZwodahS shows new fog of war implementation for Explore The Abyss which is in Early Alpha state.
- Pavel Alexandrov shows work on game editor:
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Funkin’ Crew is making Friday Night Funkin’, a cartoon rhythm gaming excellence
- Patrick is creating Raspberry Pi 4 support for Haxe/Lime/OpenFL/HaxeFlixel.
- Josh Tynjala is working on Feathers UI — open source, cross-platform UI components built with OpenFL.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
haxe.Int64Numeric Literal Suffix proposal. ️
- Add Static Extension Meta Functions proposal.
- Add Number Separator proposal.
- Add Safe navigation operator proposal.
- Add Destructor proposal.
enumproposal, plus clarification…
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
- Add Null coalescing operator proposal.
- Add local static proposal.
- Allow enums to opt-out of publishing their constructors in the implicit global scope proposal.
- Add destructive assignments proposal.
- Add Matcher: setting variables and guard as expression in a pattern proposal.
- Add Single pattern check proposal.
- Add Shorthand nullable-type syntax proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
31~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
[python]Tracing some native values may throw fixed.
systests for node target merged.
- Don’t die when resolving overloads fixed.
In case you missed it
[js]Added a simple way to bypass the Haxe
(inst.func: Dynamic)pull request.
- Null coalescing operator pull request.
- Disable fusion for impure externs pull request.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and have a good week!