Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Powering through - DQ2 Progress Report for September 2021 by Lars Doucet.
- MondayHopscotch wrote a little post-mortem of Aerostat game.
In case you missed it
- Feathers UI
beta.6preview build on Haxelib article by Josh Tynjala.
- Introducing ImGuiJsHx by Luke.
- ☠️Perilous Shores and 🏡Village Generator: integration and a number of small changes article by Oleg Dolya.
- New Music and Animations! Third Early Access Character Announced Tomorrow! - September 2021 Fraymakers Roundup by McLeodGaming.
- Armory3D Release Notes for October 2021.10 by Naxela.
- Armory3D Community Game Jam 2.0 page and video announcement, has started, hosted by Willbot Studios.
- The HaxeJam 2021 has been announced, starting October 16th, hosted by logo4poop. ️
- Introduction to HaxeFlixel Part 32 - Setting Up Win and Lose Screens by Questionable Programming.
- AI enemy in Armory 3D tutorial by Willbot Studio.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- Introduction to HaxeFlixel Part 31 - Setting Up Level Select Screen And First Level by Questionable Programming.
- Game Jam 2 starts NOW - Go join the Armory Game Jam video by Willbot Studio. Also keep an eye on the announcement thread for further updates.
- How to get started with Armory3D video by Willbot Studio.
- Nuclear Blaze - Reveal trailer by Sébastien Bénard. The game is coming to Steam on Oct 18th. ️
- Sergey Lerg mentions Haxe and Heaps.io in UNITY IS OVERHYPED! - What GAME ENGINE to choose in 2021 video.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Rudy Geslin is looking for full-time remote work.
- Peter Achberger is available for freelance work.
- Andreas Drewke is looking for a freelancer job or part time job.
- Nexters (Moscow, Russia) are looking for a Haxe developer to work on Hero Wars.
- Nevosoft (Saint Petersburg, Russia) are looking for a Haxe developer to work on their mobile game Charm Farm.
- Nexters (Moscow, Russia) are looking for a Haxe developer to work on the web-version of their project Throne Rush.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Senior Game Programmer.
- The team behind Forge of Empires at InnoGames is looking for a Haxe developer, feel free to contact Dan Korostelev in case of any questions! More info can be found at the company’s website. ️
- Basic Platformer Pathfinding AI for HaxeFlixel
FlxG.collidewith simple object “mass” for HaxeFlixel
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Via the Haxe Discord server, George Harpwood has finished 8th out of 10 prototype: HxFour. Game’s AI might or might not be improved in the future.
- Via the Haxe Discord server, Squidly has made a little game PAD24 Day 12 - Casino. You can read a bit more about it on discord.
- Zzox (tyler) has made a new rhythm game “panic”, which is available on Newgrounds and Itch.
In case you missed it
- Heck Deck by torcado has a free demo available right now for the Steam Next Fest.
- Plactions is a platformer game by Robert Alvarez is available at itch.io and NewGrounds.
- Pilie Pals by Kirill Poletaev is participating in Steam Next Fest.
- Northgard: Kröwns & Daggers is the sixth major free update to the game by Shiro Games.
- The directors cut of Closed Hands is now available on Steam, for Windows, Mac and Linux! via Dan Hett. ️
- Clable by Andrei Rudenko using Kha.
- Doctor Concoctor: Bullet-helly roguelite twinstick shooter by Aurel.
- GUNSTABLE by torcado. Made with OpenFL.
- Jérémy Fa’s entry - It will Fall. Made with Ceramic engine.
- Jefvel’s entry - Horse with a Human Mask On a Tightrope.
- 鬼心伝 - A Story of Heartful Oni is another one Ludum Dare 49 entry made with Haxe by group of Christopher Ortiz, Chris, Frroyo, Merenge and Juneji.
- ZwodahS’s entry - Unstable OS.
- Aeveis’s entry - Okay & Alright. Made with HaxeFlixel.
- Via the Haxe Discord server, Viole(n)t Cooking made with Heaps. via Yanrishatum.
- Structure Rescue by GlacierEclipse made with HaxePunk.
- Pocobot’s Obligation made with OpenFL.
- A Crumbly Planet by Kumber using HaxeFlixel.
- The Pearl Thief by Furfel using HaxeFlixel.
- Submit your LD49 entry built with Haxe.
- Ian Harrigan showed fully native HaxeUI Android backend working nicely. ️
- John Doughty has shared EchoDodger - an example of a dirt simple game running on echoes ECS and rending in Kha.
- John Doughty has also released:
- Couple of new screenshots from Oleg Dolya:
git- Haxe / Hashlink wrapper for chimpmunk2d.
git- Haxe port of wasp-os.
git- A Clear and Simple Static Site Builder.
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- The very first song reveal from Fraymakers.
- Andrej will tackle a swinging obstacle next for Go! Go! PogoGirl.
- Nikolay Kana has shared some progress on Kanyon Karver.
- Difficulty settings from Sébastien Bénard’s Nuclear Blaze game.
- Mauve has added a feature to highlight players and goal objects at the first turn of a stage in Addlemoth.
- JanoGames has revised menu structure in Bad Soccer Manager. Btw you can DM Jano if you are interested in taking part in TestFlight.
- Spirkop has added the possibility for two rivers to join and also working on sandbox maps for Energy Island Corp.
- Techy Wrinkles has turned spiders into beetles with a simple function.
- Super Cosmic Heist - Sleek The Android Boss
- “Rogue of Vallas takes place in the distance future of what was (today) Eastern North Carolina” by Merrak.
From the Haxe Discord server
- Bloodninja’s next step of the editor… mobile/touch support.
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Funkin’ Crew is making Friday Night Funkin’, a cartoon rhythm gaming excellence
- Patrick is creating Raspberry Pi 4 support for Haxe/Lime/OpenFL/HaxeFlixel.
- Josh Tynjala is working on Feathers UI — open source, cross-platform UI components built with OpenFL.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
haxe.Int64Numeric Literal Suffix proposal. ️
- Add Static Extension Meta Functions proposal.
- Add Number Separator proposal.
- Add Safe navigation operator proposal.
- Add Destructor proposal.
enumproposal, plus clarification…
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
- Add Null coalescing operator proposal.
- Add local static proposal.
- Allow enums to opt-out of publishing their constructors in the implicit global scope proposal.
- Add destructive assignments proposal.
- Add Matcher: setting variables and guard as expression in a pattern proposal.
- Add Single pattern check proposal.
- Add Shorthand nullable-type syntax proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
18~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
[js]Added a simple way to bypass the haxe
(inst.func: Dynamic)pull request.
- alescing operator pull request.
- Disable fusion for impure externs pull request.
In case you missed it
[php]Add externs for FTP constants and functions merged.
[hxcpp]Support type parameters on extern classes pull request.
[hscript] Haxe Language support pull request.
whycommand pull request.
- Add UInt64 pull request.
- UInt parse Float and String pull request
- Fancy completion bug fixed with an explanation.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and have a good week!