Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Feathers UI
beta.6preview build on Haxelib article by Josh Tynjala.
- Introducing ImGuiJsHx by Luke.
- ☠️Perilous Shores and 🏡Village Generator: integration and a number of small changes article by Oleg Dolya.
- New Music and Animations! Third Early Access Character Announced Tomorrow! - September 2021 Fraymakers Roundup by McLeodGaming.
- Armory3D Release Notes for October 2021.10 by Naxela.
In case you missed it
- Tong has released the Armory3D Examples Browser, available on GitHub.
- Let’s Talk About UFOs Anyway by E. Zachary Knight.
- Renaine made an appearance in The Completionist’s charity stream to support Dementia research.
- Live tweet thread of Nicolas Cannasse at Game Camp France.
- Via the Haxe Discord server, check out the initial go2hx website has been launched by PXShadow.
- Armory3D Community Game Jam 2.0 page and video announcement, has started, hosted by Willbot Studios.
- The HaxeJam 2021 has been announced, starting October 16th, hosted by logo4poop.
- Introduction to HaxeFlixel Part 31 - Setting Up Level Select Screen And First Level by Questionable Programming.
- Game Jam 2 starts NOW - Go join the Armory Game Jam video by Willbot Studio. Also keep an eye on the announcement thread for further updates.
- How to get started with Armory3D video by Willbot Studio.
- Nuclear Blaze - Reveal trailer by Sébastien Bénard. The game is coming to Steam on Oct 18th.
- Sergey Lerg mentions Haxe and Heaps.io in UNITY IS OVERHYPED! - What GAME ENGINE to choose in 2021 video.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Rudy Geslin is looking for full-time remote work.
- Peter Achberger is available for freelance work.
- Andreas Drewke is looking for a freelancer job or part time job.
- Nexters (Moscow, Russia) are looking for a Haxe developer to work on Hero Wars.
- Nevosoft (Saint Petersburg, Russia) are looking for a Haxe developer to work on their mobile game Charm Farm.
- Nexters (Moscow, Russia) are looking for a Haxe developer to work on the web-version of their project Throne Rush.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Senior Game Programmer.
- The team behind Forge of Empires at InnoGames is looking for a Haxe developer, feel free to contact Dan Korostelev in case of any questions! More info can be found at the company’s website.
- Basic Platformer Pathfinding AI for HaxeFlixel
FlxG.collidewith simple object “mass” for HaxeFlixel
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Heck Deck by torcado has a free demo available right now for the Steam Next Fest.
- Plactions is a platformer game by Robert Alvarez is available at itch.io and NewGrounds.
- Pilie Pals by Kirill Poletaev is participating in Steam Next Fest.
- Northgard: Kröwns & Daggers is the sixth major free update to the game by Shiro Games.
- The directors cut of Closed Hands is now available on Steam, for Windows, Mac and Linux! via Dan Hett.
- GUNSTABLE by torcado. Made with OpenFL.
- Jérémy Fa’s entry - It will Fall. Made with Ceramic engine.
- Jefvel’s entry - Horse with a Human Mask On a Tightrope.
- 鬼心伝 - A Story of Heartful Oni is another one Ludum Dare 49 entry made with Haxe by group of Christopher Ortiz, Chris, Frroyo, Merenge and Juneji.
- ZwodahS’s entry - Unstable OS.
- Aeveis’s entry - Okay & Alright. Made with HaxeFlixel.
- Via the Haxe Discord server, Viole(n)t Cooking made with Heaps. via Yanrishatum.
- Structure Rescue by GlacierEclipse made with HaxePunk.
- Pocobot’s Obligation made with OpenFL.
- A Crumbly Planet by Kumber using HaxeFlixel.
- The Pearl Thief by Furfel using HaxeFlixel.
- Submit your LD49 entry built with Haxe.
- E. Zachary Knight is currently working on a Light Cycles clone with a unicorn motif.
- Via the Haxe Discord server, Geokureli shows how new Flixel collision system works. You can look at related pull request.
- A rewritten & updated admob extension has been released!
- Tong stumbled across an old project of theirs, http://letterspace.disktree.net/ which “creates webrtc based mesh network. all data is transferred p2p, the server just negotiates the ‘room’ to connect to”, using owl
gitfor client and server. Letterspace was first mentioned in Roundup 39.
Letterspace only works with
git- Ray-casting with Kha.
git- Haxe Asynchronous IO API as a library.
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
[ld49]Totally conventional extravehicular operation here by Sébastien Bénard’s game, which will be released later (not for this LD unfortunately). You can view tech stack used for the game in the I’m in! post by Sébastien.
- Super Cosmic Heist - World 4-7
- The Kanyon Karver trick system is so smooth now. And Nikolay is thinking of maybe changing the visual style of the game. What do you think?
- The summer boss in Go! Go! PogoGirl by Andrej has mastered math and therefore knows how to swim in a wave pattern and creates splashes in the water.
- George Harpwood is working on 8th prototype for their 10 prototypes challenge.
- Erick Feiling is in the early stages of using OpenFL for a local pub’s beer menu.
- Couple of quick videos from
WIPSHMUP game by Techy Wrinkes:
From the Haxe Discord server
- Sébastien Bénard shows how typical level and complex level in Nuclear Blaze looks in LDtk game editor.
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Funkin’ Crew is making Friday Night Funkin’, a cartoon rhythm gaming excellence
- Patrick is creating Raspberry Pi 4 support for Haxe/Lime/OpenFL/HaxeFlixel.
- Josh Tynjala is working on Feathers UI — open source, cross-platform UI components built with OpenFL.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add Number Separator proposal.
- Add Safe navigation operator proposal.
- Add Destructor proposal.
enumproposal, plus clarification…
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
- Add Null coalescing operator proposal.
- Add local static proposal.
- Allow enums to opt-out of publishing their constructors in the implicit global scope proposal.
- Add destructive assignments proposal.
- Add Matcher: setting variables and guard as expression in a pattern proposal.
- Add Single pattern check proposal.
- Add Shorthand nullable-type syntax proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
8~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
[php]Add externs for FTP constants and functions merged.
[hxcpp]Support type parameters on extern classes pull request.
[hscript] Haxe Language support pull request.
whycommand pull request.
- Add UInt64 pull request.
- UInt parse Float and String pull request
- Fancy completion bug fixed with an explanation.