Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- The HaxeJam 2021 has been announced, starting October 16th, hosted by logo4poop.
- Armory 3D Community Game Jam 2.0 page and video announcement, starting October 1st, hosted by Willbot Studios.
- “Hey, Its The First Full Game In Beginning Game Programming!” article by E. Zachary Knight. You can play a browser based version and get the source code for the game.
- PogoGirl devlog
#25Rotating Platforms by Andrej.
- Recent Developments of Patches Of Adventure by Rob Clemmons Jr.
2.0of the CHAOS Framework announcement on the OpenFL forums.
In case you missed it
- Introduction to HaxeFlixel Part 29 - Finishing up Boss Testing State by Questionable Programming.
- Understanding the factory pattern | Factory pattern in game development video by Richard Oliver Bray.
- Nuclear Blaze - Behind the scene by Sébastien Bénard.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Rudy Geslin is looking for full-time remote work.
- Peter Achberger is available for freelance work.
- Andreas Drewke is looking for a freelancer job or part time job.
- Nexters (Moscow, Russia) are looking for a Haxe developer to work on the web-version of their project Throne Rush.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Senior Game Programmer.
- The team behind Forge of Empires at InnoGames is looking for a Haxe developer, feel free to contact Dan Korostelev in case of any questions! More info can be found at the company’s website.
- Basic Platformer Pathfinding AI for HaxeFlixel
FlxG.collidewith simple object “mass” for HaxeFlixel
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Aurel has released Korobo: Save the trees, made in 48 hours for the 13th Alakajam.
- Advent has released Heart Star available on Poki. Swap between the worlds and solve puzzles with the power or teamwork! Made in Stencyl.
- Kanyon Karver by Nikolay Kana is in open testing on the Google Play store.
- Northgard multiplayer for mobile phones will come out on September 29th.
- Fatal Falls and the Custom Mode for Dead Cells are now out on iOS and Android (with the
2.4version of the game)! New enemies, weapons, biomes: hours of fun await you!
- From the Haxe Discord server, halfbuzz has updated tracker interface. Check project ReadMe for more info.
- From the Haxe Discord server, Poker Quest is in Early Access on Steam now. via Fragsworth.
In case you missed it
- Shiro Games are giving “10 lucky people the chance to win a copy of all of our games on Steam (plus Wartales when it releases later this year)!”
- Luyren has a new Stencyl resource pack, Bézier Curves! “Set control points and move your actors along complex paths! Can also be used to create graphs of data points, and other stuff too!” Available on itch.io.
- Tom Thirkettle has released Super Scary Monster Road, an endless retro platform racer, available now on iOS, made with Stencyl.
- ArmorPaint had been submitted to the AppStore, it is in the review process now.
- Oleg’s submission for the terrarium-themed challenge on
- Nikolay Kana has sent Android version of Kanyon Karver for review. Here is some gameplay video. The game is made with HaxePunk.
- How to upgrade all
tink_*libraries to latest git version by Andy Li or just write a lix script.
- E. Zachary Knight has “finished coding Memory in HaxeFlixel. This is the 5th project and 1st complete game in the book Beginning Game Programming”.
- Justin previews gradient thickness improvements in cornerContour
- Matthijs Kamstra has added documentation about json support for Lua target.
2.0has been released.
git- Demo project used in the Discover Ceramic article.
git- A PHP directory index generator, implemented in Haxe.
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- Super Cosmic Heist - World 1-1
- Jérémy Fa previews some very early generative creative coding art.
- Mauve is proceeding work on chapter 3 of Addlemoth.
- New screenshot of Energy Island Corp by SpirkopGames.
- Deltarune from Fraymakers.
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Funkin’ Crew is making Friday Night Funkin’, a cartoon rhythm gaming excellence
- Patrick is creating Raspberry Pi 4 support for Haxe/Lime/OpenFL/HaxeFlixel.
- Josh Tynjala is working on Feathers UI — open source, cross-platform UI components built with OpenFL.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add Safe navigation operator proposal.
- Add Destructor proposal.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
- Add Null coalescing operator proposal.
- Add local static proposal.
- Allow enums to opt-out of publishing their constructors in the implicit global scope proposal.
- Add destructive assignments proposal.
- Add Matcher: setting variables and guard as expression in a pattern proposal.
- Add Single pattern check proposal.
- Add Shorthand nullable-type syntax proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
8~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- No consistent way to unset environment variable issue.
In case you missed it
libargument causes Haxe to access system shell issue.
isStructurefunction pull request.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and have a good week!