Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Adobe Flex running on OpenFL?!
- Armory3D September 2021.09 release notes.
- Instance vs Static Properties article by Kino Rose.
- One Page Dungeon Generator
1.2.2: Seeds, SVG export and other improvements by Oleg Dolya.
In case you missed it
- Questions coming from Rust (enums/traits).
- HaxeUI New Scrollbar default style change thread & preview.
- Heaps & Blender Model Animation Part 1 and Part 2 articles by Onyx Studios.
- Overcoming “Level Designer’s” Block – DQ2 Progress Report for August 2021 by Lars Doucet.
- Sigil Generator
1.1.0- export and touch support by Oleg Dolya.
- Kino Rose announces that a New Game [is] in the Works, briefly talking about the content, systems and characters planned.
- Introduction to HaxeFlixel Part 28 - Finishing Up Ranged Testing State by Questionable Programming.
- Why would you use Haxe with React? video by Richard Oliver Bray.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Rudy Geslin is looking for full-time remote work.
- Peter Achberger is available for freelance work.
- Andreas Drewke is looking for a freelancer job or part time job.
- Nexters (Moscow, Russia) are looking for a Haxe developer to work on the web-version of their project Throne Rush.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Senior Game Programmer.
- The team behind Forge of Empires at InnoGames is looking for a Haxe developer, feel free to contact Dan Korostelev in case of any questions! More info can be found at the company’s website.
- Basic Platformer Pathfinding AI for HaxeFlixel
FlxG.collidewith simple object “mass” for HaxeFlixel
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Shiro Games are giving “10 lucky people the chance to win a copy of all of our games on Steam (plus Wartales when it releases later this year)!”
- Luyren has a new Stencyl resource pack, Bézier Curves! “Set control points and move your actors along complex paths! Can also be used to create graphs of data points, and other stuff too!” Available on itch.io.
- Tom Thirkettle has released Super Scary Monster Road, an endless retro platform racer, available now on iOS, made with Stencyl.
- ArmorPaint had been submitted to the AppStore, it is in the review process now.
- Oleg’s submission for the terrarium-themed challenge on
- Nikolay Kana has sent Android version of Kanyon Karver for review. Here is some gameplay video. The game is made with HaxePunk.
In case you missed it
- Closed Hands will be hitting Steam on October the 4th, containing much more content! Wishlist it on Steam now! via Dan Hett.
- Dark Light Swap by Robert Alvarez is now published on Itch.io and Newgrounds.
- Halfwheat has made a rhythm game available on GitLab.
- From the Armory Discord server, Offroad Mania CLASSIC 2 by GrMaster is available on Steam!
- Justin has animated triangles running in WebGL with
cornerContour, with blending between colours, scale and more. Check out the live demo.
- E. Zachary Knight is making progress with their HaxeFlixel challenge. The latest chapter deals with player input, you can fly a UFO around online, with the source available on GitHub.
- E. Zachary Knight has completed Chapter 4 of Beginning Game Programming, available on itch.io, with the source available on GitHub.
- Via the Haxe Discord server, Jeremy Fa is working on the UI for Ceramic editor.
.net5 pull request.
git- A fast and lightweight 3D audio engine for Kha.
3.0.2has been released.
0.8.5has been released.
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- Super Cosmic Heist - World 1-7
- Techy Wrinkles has started on the Hopper AI for their shmup, created in Heaps.
- The UI is half the game from Jitter Sandbox by Syo.
- Andrej has finished rotating platforms in Go! Go! PogoGirl. You want rotating platforms? HAVE ALL THE ROTATING PLATFORMS. So next up on the list are swinging platforms.
- JanoGames is simplifying the opening scene of Bad Soccer Manager.
From the Haxe Discord server
- Bloodninja shows built-in game editor and switching level themes within the editor.
- ZwodahS has reworked inventory window.
- K Board Games needs your feedback about how to improve the k board games client software.
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Funkin’ Crew is making Friday Night Funkin’, a cartoon rhythm gaming excellence
- Patrick is creating Raspberry Pi 4 support for Haxe/Lime/OpenFL/HaxeFlixel.
- Josh Tynjala is working on Feathers UI — open source, cross-platform UI components built with OpenFL.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add Safe navigation operator proposal.
- Add Destructor proposal.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
- Add Null coalescing operator proposal.
- Add local static proposal.
- Allow enums to opt-out of publishing their constructors in the implicit global scope proposal.
- Add destructive assignments proposal.
- Add Matcher: setting variables and guard as expression in a pattern proposal.
- Add Single pattern check proposal.
- Add Shorthand nullable-type syntax proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
16~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
libargument causes Haxe to access system shell issue.
isStructurefunction pull request.
In case you missed it
- Add devcontainer to Haxe repo to hopefully lower the barrier of compiler/stdlib contributions pull request.
- Undocumented compiler define flags issue.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and have a good week!