Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Questions coming from Rust (enums/traits).
- HaxeUI New Scrollbar default style change thread & preview.
- Heaps & Blender Model Animation Part 1 and Part 2 articles by Onyx Studios.
- Overcoming “Level Designer’s” Block – DQ2 Progress Report for August 2021 by Lars Doucet.
- Sigil Generator
1.1.0- export and touch support by Oleg Dolya.
- Kino Rose announces that a New Game [is] in the Works, briefly talking about the content, systems and characters planned.
In case you missed it
- PogoGirl Devlog
#24: SAGE 2021 Happened article by Andrej.
- Generating Uniform Block Types Using Spirv-Cross and Haxe Macros article by Aidan Lee.
- Dan Hett describes his writing process while working on Closed Hands.
- Is Haxe any good for writing compilers?
- Sigil Generator by Oleg Dolya.
- Attacks, Effects and Combos! - August 2021 Fraymakers Roundup.
- Introduction to HaxeFlixel Part 27 - Finishing up the Melee Test State by Questionable Programming.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Rudy Geslin is looking for full-time remote work.
- Peter Achberger is available for freelance work.
- Andreas Drewke is looking for a freelancer job or part time job.
- Nexters (Moscow, Russia) are looking for a Haxe developer to work on the web-version of their project Throne Rush.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Senior Game Programmer.
- The team behind Forge of Empires at InnoGames is looking for a Haxe developer, feel free to contact Dan Korostelev in case of any questions! More info can be found at the company’s website.
- Basic Platformer Pathfinding AI for HaxeFlixel
FlxG.collidewith simple object “mass” for HaxeFlixel
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Closed Hands will be hitting Steam on October the 4th, containing much more content! Wishlist it on Steam now! via Dan Hett.
- Dark Light Swap by Robert Alvarez is now published on Itch.io and Newgrounds.
- Halfwheat has made a rhythm game available on GitLab.
- From the Armory Discord server, Offroad Mania CLASSIC 2 by GrMaster is available on Steam!
In case you missed it
- HaxeUI core treeview preview by Ian Harrigan, using
ItemRendererswhich allows you can get very creative.
- Justin has added an implementation of thickness gradient to
- Matthijs Kamstra has made some work on Haxe system documentation: added Eval examples and converted Haxe and system target documentation from GitBook to Docsify.
gitby Kevin Leung, via the Haxe Community.
git- Colors app made in Ceramic and Haxe.
git- A parser for the tKE JSON format.
git- Generate Portable Executable Binaries from Haxe IR/AST.
hxgenPEaims to be a Haxe -> PE compiler, written entirely in Haxe.
- Add mod support for OpenFL HTML5 apps using Node/Electron pull request by Tamar Curry for Polymod.
- Halfwheat is working on ob.seq
0.8.4has been released!
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- Techy Wrinkles shares a preview of retro shump flame stream using Heaps. Plus testing out a spin-dash movement for an enemy.
- Super Cosmic Heist - World 4-6
- Will Blanton introduces Oxalis, a game that lets you remotely control powerful robots called rangers! Made using HaxeFlixel, using a sprite-stacking technique to achieve fake 3D! Plus over on the Haxe Discord server Will has shared one more video with stacking technique.
- Are you ready to go into space? by Fierce.
- What’s better than bouncing under the hot summer sun? A preview from Andrej’s game Go! Go! PogoGirl, which recently cracked 200 wishlists on Steam! Plus they added a localization system and are working on rotating platforms.
- LastBot by Saul Mastandrea will be released this fall, check out the various bots you can play!
- Samir Sabri shows a “dynamic motor sound simulation with tone.js synthesizer!” using OpenFL & ReactJS.
- Some unused footage for the upcoming Nuclear Blaze trailer by Sébastien Bénard.
- Torcado had been hard workin on a ton of stuff for Heck Deck, like controller/keyboard support.
- Patches Of Adventure by Rob Clemmons Jr got a lovely Title Background uplift .
- Pavel Alexandrov made an animation editor (with HashLink and Dear ImGui) for 5734L3R’s engine. And the editor is gonna be open sourced eventually.
- Chapter 3 of Addlemoth by mauve is around
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Funkin’ Crew is making Friday Night Funkin’, a cartoon rhythm gaming excellence
- Patrick is creating Raspberry Pi 4 support for Haxe/Lime/OpenFL/HaxeFlixel.
- Josh Tynjala is working on Feathers UI — open source, cross-platform UI components built with OpenFL.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add Safe navigation operator proposal.
- Add Destructor proposal.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
- Add Null coalescing operator proposal.
- Add local static proposal.
- Allow enums to opt-out of publishing their constructors in the implicit global scope proposal.
- Add destructive assignments proposal.
- Add Matcher: setting variables and guard as expression in a pattern proposal.
- Add Single pattern check proposal.
- Add Shorthand nullable-type syntax proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
8~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Add devcontainer to Haxe repo to hopefully lower the barrier of compiler/stdlib contributions pull request.
- Undocumented compiler define flags issue.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and have a good week!