Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- PogoGirl Devlog
#24: SAGE 2021 Happened article by Andrej.
- Generating Uniform Block Types Using Spirv-Cross and Haxe Macros article by Aidan Lee.
- Dan Hett describes his writing process while working on Closed Hands.
- Is Haxe any good for writing compilers?
- Sigil Generator by Oleg Dolya.
- Attacks, Effects and Combos! - August 2021 Fraymakers Roundup.
In case you missed it
- Z-Sorting in HaxeFlixel article by Andrej.
- Feathers UI
beta.5preview build on HaxeLib article by Josh Tynjala.
- “How I make games in my own 3D game engine” article by Kirill Poletaev.
- SAGE 2021 - Demo Go! Go! PogoGirl by Andrej.
- Kickstarter Devlog Roundup: August 2021 article by Josh Tynjala.
- A couple of updates from Oleg Dolya:
- Introduction to HaxeFlixel Part 26 - Adding music and sound to our menus by Questionable Programming.
- How popular is HaxeFlixel on Steam? Top game engines on Steam video by Richard Oliver Bray.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Rudy Geslin is looking for full-time remote work.
- Peter Achberger is available for freelance work.
- Andreas Drewke is looking for a freelancer job or part time job.
- Nexters (Moscow, Russia) are looking for a Haxe developer to work on the web-version of their project Throne Rush.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Senior Game Programmer.
- The team behind Forge of Empires at InnoGames is looking for a Haxe developer, feel free to contact Dan Korostelev in case of any questions! More info can be found at the company’s website.
- Basic Platformer Pathfinding AI for HaxeFlixel
FlxG.collidewith simple object “mass” for HaxeFlixel
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- The Overload Game was made for the band, Yard Act, by Industrial Assets using Haxe & HaxeFlixel, via John Bower.
- Spellbreak Anniversary Hype! With the
4.1patch being released tomorrow at 10AM EDT, plus with a free gift and giveaways.
In case you missed it
- New web version of Minesweeper 3in1 has been published on itch.io and GameJolt, created by Velezoso using OpenFL.
- Eggsolotl has been released onto itch.io, Newgrounds and GameJolt, created by Tim and Menheranyan from Axol Studios, using HaxeFlixel.
- Northgard is out on Android! via Playdigious. The cross-mobile multiplayer for iOS and Android is coming at the end of September!
- Nuclear Blaze ☢ is getting closer and closer to its release. Sébastien Bénard has added Cloud support & achievements, translated everything into 8 languages, added secrets, new story elements, an epic boss battle and many new levels!
- Ian Harrigan has been “playing around with a HaxeLib / GitHub project manager … to try and make project management a little easier”.
- Justin has added
gitand works on canvas and in Ceramic. Also Justin has created TraceCount
gitwhich allows a particular trace statement to output only a limited number of times.
git- Quickly expose Haxe application via HTML.
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- Sébastien Bénard has “quickly added some mandatory CRT-like filter to Nuclear Blaze”.
- Jano Games is getting Bad Soccer Manager ready for iOS and Android.
- Andrej has made the “music dynamically change when you’re under water” and is considering making a HaxeFlixel tutorial based around the idea.
- Super Cosmic Heist - Snap Trap Sr. Boss Battle by Fierce.
- “If regular bouncing is not enough, PogoGirl can do a Mega Bounce!” by Andrej.
- Part of new area in Frontier Story by jmw327.
- Mauve has shown in-game editor for Addlemoth and comparison of old and new wolf sprites from the game.
- Mig Moog is working on their entry for NG jam:
From the Haxe Discord server
- Will shares a video of a full game loop from his robot battle sim game.
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Funkin’ Crew is making Friday Night Funkin’, a cartoon rhythm gaming excellence
- Patrick is creating Raspberry Pi 4 support for Haxe/Lime/OpenFL/HaxeFlixel.
- Josh Tynjala is working on Feathers UI — open source, cross-platform UI components built with OpenFL.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add Safe navigation operator proposal.
- Add Destructor proposal.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
- Add Null coalescing operator proposal.
- Add local static proposal.
- Allow enums to opt-out of publishing their constructors in the implicit global scope proposal.
- Add destructive assignments proposal.
- Add Matcher: setting variables and guard as expression in a pattern proposal.
- Add Single pattern check proposal.
- Add Shorthand nullable-type syntax proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
8~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Nothing of interest this week.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and have a good week!