Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
v1.3has been released!
- Cédric Belin comments that “out of the sixty legacy applications (based on spaghetti PHP code) that we maintain, eight have been completely rewritten in Haxe (based on Coconut/Tinkerbell) in just over a year. Proud of the result 🥳”.
- Plans for Steel Seraph
- Pilie Pals is on Steam! by Kirill Poletaev.
In case you missed it
- Go2hx, the GoLang to Haxe compiler - Work in Progress : 8 Month Update by PXShadow.
- Ian Harrigan has released Dependency Analyzer “that will display the dependency tree of a project” and of course its made with HaxeUI.
- Fun fact: OpenFL in Steam. Engine detection is made with participation of Lars Doucet.
- WIP, Perilous Shores and other updates article by Oleg Dolya.
- New Attacks, New Effects, New Costumes! - July 2021 Fraymakers Roundup via Fraymakers Game.
- Syo is inviting everyone who wants to take part in the early pre-alpha tests of Jitter Sandbox. You can join game’s Discord server where you can find game launcher and discuss it.
- Kirill Poletaev has shared screenshots of the fifth and final world of Pilie Pals game.
- “Wartales promises an immersive, medieval turn-based strategy romp” PCGames article. You can also sign up to take part in the upcoming playtests!
- Introduction to HaxeFlixel Part 24 by Questionable Programming.
- Pilie Pals - The Trailer has been released by Kirill Poletaev.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Rudy Geslin is looking for full-time remote work.
- Peter Achberger is available for freelance work.
- Andreas Drewke is looking for a freelancer job or part time job.
- Sébastien Bénard is looking for a Japanese translator for the upcoming game Nuclear Blaze SCP.
- Small startup Moddy is looking for the Haxe developer to work on game engine and game editor (they are using Heaps) for their upcoming game console.
- Nexters (Moscow, Russia) are looking for a Haxe developer to work on the web-version of their project Throne Rush.
- A short term & remote code review job for a HaxeFlixel Browser Game is available.
- Saga Education are looking to hire a full-time software engineer focusing on web & edtech. US only.
Saga Education, is hiring a senior-level software engineer. We use a lot of tech, both frontend and backend, but a lot of our frontend code is in Haxe. We build cool, meaningful EDTech products like this digital whiteboard: Woot Math Scratchpad.
- HaxeFlixel RPG project.
- Shiro Games are looking for an Engine/Graphics programmer.
- The team behind Forge of Empires at InnoGames is looking for a Haxe developer, feel free to contact Dan Korostelev in case of any questions! More info can be found at the company’s website.
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Fiscal Jesters version
0.3.5has been released.
- Michael Miriti has managed to complete
#lowrezjamentry within a single day. Made with Haxe and not yet publicly available framework for pixel games.
In case you missed it
- Spellbreak - Chapter 3: The Wardens has been released.
- Super Cosmic Land - 1 Year Anniversary update is out now! “Help a greedy bandit retrieve treasure that he rightfully stole from a mysterious mass of evil!” Created by Fierce, available from itch.io.
0.3.2of Fiscal Jesters is live! This build fixes some kapsule bugs and completely redoes the coin patterns.
- Chessformer by Robert Alvarez now has a Steam demo.
- Bandit and Dungeon by Alexander Gordeyko is a simple platform game example made with Haxe + Heaps + Pony + LDTK.
- Via the Haxe Discord server, Jeremy Fa previews a “sample project for ceramic, showcasing how to load and play a spine animation.”
- Via the Haxe Discord server, Daniel is learning Haxe & Heaps and has made “a super basic game of life implementation”. The source is available on GitHub.
[lix]Install 64-bit Haxe when available on Windows has been merged.
- Urjasvi has made a maze generator in Kha, available on GitHub.
git- Convert C types into a tree structure and optionally to a Haxe complex type using HXCPP types.
git- Krita Python scripting Haxe externs.
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- Merrak needed to add some whimsy in their updated sprite artwork for Rogue of Vallas, take a look at the easter egg for Marika’s idle animation. Plus outdoor areas have received a facelift.
- Flyla The Crescent Owl takes to the skies & Super Cosmic Heist World 4-4 and World 4-5
WIPby Fierce, made in Stencyl.
- Questionable Programming finally has a testing state for their ranged units, 1 day and 249 lines later! Made in HaxeFlixel.
- Syo previews rocket defence and laser defence in Jitter Sandbox.
- Wojtek Rak used this years
#lowrezjamto learn Haxe & Heaps.
- MortMort “favorite part about game dev has always been to design levels, and push mechanics to create interesting challenges for the player.” Check out Little Love a game made in Stencyl.
- Updates for Bad Soccer Manager by JanoGames: Play head tennis with a tennis ball and more.
- The life system and the enemies are working well in
WIPgame by SavanDev.
- The latest Fraymakers preview “highlights new functionality and a brand new move for Welltaro”.
- Couple of quick videos from
WIPChessformer game by Robert Alvarez:
- Andrej is improving the tutorial section of Go! Go! PogoGirl for the upcoming Sonic Amateur Games Expo demo:
From the Haxe Discord server
- Half Wheat has finished ‘#lowrezjam’ with their brother. Trappy Snail is available to play on itch.io.
- James has “made a little physics engine for their Heaps game”.
- Little floating pickups, small but nice. By GoKritz.
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Funkin’ Crew is making Friday Night Funkin’, a cartoon rhythm gaming excellence
- Patrick is creating Raspberry Pi 4 support for Haxe/Lime/OpenFL/HaxeFlixel.
- Josh Tynjala is working on Feathers UI — open source, cross-platform UI components built with OpenFL.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add Safe navigation operator proposal.
- Add Destructor proposal.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
- Add Null coalescing operator proposal.
- Add local static proposal.
- Allow enums to opt-out of publishing their constructors in the implicit global scope proposal.
- Add destructive assignments proposal.
- Add Matcher: setting variables and guard as expression in a pattern proposal.
- Add Single pattern check proposal.
- Add Shorthand nullable-type syntax proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
8~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Nothing of interest this week.
In case you missed it
@:fromand array unification issue.
[hashlink]I64 implementation pull request.
[hl]I64 implementation API pull request.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and have a good week!