Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Go2hx, the GoLang to Haxe compiler - Work in Progress : 8 Month Update by PXShadow.
- Ian Harrigan has released Dependency Analyzer “that will display the dependency tree of a project” and of course its made with HaxeUI.
- Fun fact: OpenFL in Steam. Engine detection is made with participation of Lars Doucet.
- WIP, Perilous Shores and other updates article by Oleg Dolya.
- New Attacks, New Effects, New Costumes! - July 2021 Fraymakers Roundup via Fraymakers Game.
- Syo is inviting everyone who wants to take part in the early pre-alpha tests of Jitter Sandbox. You can join game’s Discord server where you can find game launcher and discuss it.
- Kirill Poletaev has shared screenshots of the fifth and final world of Pilie Pals game.
- “Wartales promises an immersive, medieval turn-based strategy romp” PCGames article. You can also sign up to take part in the upcoming playtests!
In case you missed it
- Introduction to HaxeFlixel Part 23 by Questionable Programming.
- HaxeFlixel vs other game engines video by Richard Oliver Bray.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Rudy Geslin is looking for full-time remote work.
- Peter Achberger is available for freelance work.
- Andreas Drewke is looking for a freelancer job or part time job.
- Sébastien Bénard is looking for a Japanese translator for the upcoming game Nuclear Blaze SCP.
- Small startup Moddy is looking for the Haxe developer to work on game engine and game editor (they are using Heaps) for their upcoming game console.
- Nexters (Moscow, Russia) are looking for a Haxe developer to work on the web-version of their project Throne Rush.
- A short term & remote code review job for a HaxeFlixel Browser Game is available.
- Saga Education are looking to hire a full-time software engineer focusing on web & edtech. US only.
Saga Education, is hiring a senior-level software engineer. We use a lot of tech, both frontend and backend, but a lot of our frontend code is in Haxe. We build cool, meaningful EDTech products like this digital whiteboard: Woot Math Scratchpad.
- HaxeFlixel RPG project.
- Shiro Games are looking for an Engine/Graphics programmer.
- The team behind Forge of Empires at InnoGames is looking for a Haxe developer, feel free to contact Dan Korostelev in case of any questions! More info can be found at the company’s website.
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Spellbreak - Chapter 3: The Wardens has been released.
- Super Cosmic Land - 1 Year Anniversary update is out now! “Help a greedy bandit retrieve treasure that he rightfully stole from a mysterious mass of evil!” Created by Fierce, available from itch.io.
0.3.2of Fiscal Jesters is live! This build fixes some kapsule bugs and completely redoes the coin patterns.
- Chessformer by Robert Alvarez now has a Steam demo.
In case you missed it
- Sling 2 by ty has taken 3rd place in LospecJam1!
- Wishlist Go! Go! PogoGirl on Steam.
- Robert Alvarez has released Teleport Jumper, their newest puzzle platformer, available on itch.io and Newgrounds, created in Stencyl.
- Immanent Death has released Subterranean onto Newgrounds, created with Stencyl.
- Psychofunk is a Google Play “Indie Games Festival” finalist, a game created by Tommy Søreide Kjær and created in Stencyl.
- Fiscal Jesters
0.2.1has been released onto itch.io by kyatt7. "This update includes new playable character Polly, a mermaid with a penchant for TCGs ". Created with HaxeFlixel. Expect to encounter Dr. Sen in the tutorials, “a boney specter who found a yellow lab coat at a thrift shop.”
- Scraps of Light has released a demo onto itch.io, created with Heaps.
- SavanDev has released ColorLess
1.1onto itch.io, a short pixel game created in HaxeFlixel.
- You can now sign up to take part in the upcoming Wartales playtests over on Steam.
- Heck Deck changelog
v1.7.1: added emotion by torcado.
- If you’re in St. Louis then you’ll be able to play new game by Axol Studio at the St. Louis Science Center this Friday from 3:30 to 7:30 PM.
- Via the Haxe Discord server, ZwodahS has released Abyss
itch.io, which includes a whole new forest level.
- “Simple Go Library Bundles” idea for go2hx
- Via the Haxe Discord server, Nanjizal has shared cornerContourGluonTest, which is a test for cornerContour working with Gluon
gitlibrary by George Corney.
0.8.0has been released.
7.0.2have been released.
git- Example Joomla Module made with the Haxe programming language.
git- Haxe WebAudio experiments using the FeathersUI/OpenFL UI toolkit.
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- What horrible weather to repel an invasion in! from Super Cosmic Heist by Fierce, made in Stencyl.
- Syo is cooking popcorn, with sound in Jitter Sandbox!
- Andrej is polishing the cutscenes of Go! Go! PogoGirl for the upcoming Sonic Amateur Games Expo demo.
- Alex Johansson is building the functionality for a shop in 100% POOL for table skins!
- Rogue of Vallas outdoor areas have gotten a facelift! Merrak is going to brush up some character artwork.
- Super Cosmic Heist - World 4-4
- Some new quick videos from Bad soccer Manager by JanoGames:
From the Haxe Discord server
- 01010111 robot battle sim game is coming together! Plus it now has gameplay UI and the ability to hack enemy bots. Also available on Twitter.
- Robert Clemmons has shared couple of screenshots from Patches Of Adventure: Potions for everyone and An exciting inventory in progress screen.
- luRaichu has shared screenshots of title screen of WIP Ikachan game.
- Aidan Lee is updating Flurry engine to use vector-math
gitlibrary by George Corney to take advantage of the new
- SeiferTim would love to get some feedback on the Eggsolotl game. Especially: the Tutorial!
- Zeptos has shared some GIFs from the WIP fighting game:
From the FeathersUI Discord server
- Chris’ game, Stellar Dominion launches August 28th! Originally created in Starling/AS3 and moved to OpenFL & Feathers UI.
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Funkin’ Crew is making Friday Night Funkin’, a cartoon rhythm gaming excellence
- Patrick is creating Raspberry Pi 4 support for Haxe/Lime/OpenFL/HaxeFlixel.
- Josh Tynjala is working on Feathers UI — open source, cross-platform UI components built with OpenFL.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add Safe navigation operator proposal.
- Add Destructor proposal.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
- Add Null coalescing operator proposal.
- Add local static proposal.
- Allow enums to opt-out of publishing their constructors in the implicit global scope proposal.
- Add destructive assignments proposal.
- Add Matcher: setting variables and guard as expression in a pattern proposal.
- Add Single pattern check proposal.
- Add Shorthand nullable-type syntax proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
8~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
@:fromand array unification issue.
[hashlink]I64 implementation pull request.
[hl]I64 implementation API pull request.
In case you missed it
ArrayAccess<T>as a type constraint pull request.
- Closure var eliminated unexpectedly issue.
[hl]LibUV externs for HashLink pull request.
1.40bindings pull request.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and have a good week!