Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- HaxeFlixel Day is almost upon us! Only a few days left to make cool little games and submit to Newgrounds or itch.io to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the first ever commit to HaxeFlixel by Alexandder Hohlov. And maybe make it Egg themed so it can participate in the Newgrounds July Jam.
- StoryDev - A parser for interactive story development now has its own editor.
- One-Way Collisions article by Andrej.
In case you missed it
- Advanced Enums article written by Kino Rose.
- Dead Cells mobile has surpassed two million units in China!
- Feathers UI
beta.4preview build on HaxeLib post by Josh Tynjala.
- The latest posts from Oleg Dolya -
WIP: forest blobs in Perilous Shores and Perilous Shores
1.1.3: forest blobs, expanded palette.
- Not Haxe related but Shiro Games has announced their new publishing label, Shiro Unlimited. Little article on games industry about it.
- Episode 57 “The Future of Web Games” of The Newgrounds Podcast featuring Lars Doucet, Nicolas Cannasse and Cameron Taylor (ninja_muffin99) is now available! via Lars Doucet.
- ArmorPaint. News. July 21, 2021 video by Alexander Kiryanov.
- Introduction to HaxeFlixel Part 20 by Questionable Programming.
- Why does Awesome HaxeFlixel exist? HaxeFlixel game development resources video by Richard Oliver Bray.
- New puzzle mechanic - Devlog
#4video by Kirill Poletaev.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- Introduction to HaxeFlixel Part 19 by Questionable Programming.
- How to create a 2D projectile trajectory path for HaxeFlixel (part 2) by Richard Oliver Bray.
- Axol Studio Presents: Code Along - Episode 01: BreakOut Part 1 by Axol Studio.
- Axol Studio Presents: Code Along - Episode 02: BreakOut Part 2 by Axol Studio.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Peter Achberger is available for freelance work.
- Andreas Drewke is looking for a freelancer job or part time job.
- Nexters (Moscow, Russia) are looking for a Haxe developer to work on the web-version of their project Throne Rush.
- A short term & remote code review job for a HaxeFlixel Browser Game is available.
- Saga Education are looking to hire a full-time software engineer focusing on web & edtech. US only.
Saga Education, is hiring a senior-level software engineer. We use a lot of tech, both frontend and backend, but a lot of our frontend code is in Haxe. We build cool, meaningful EDTech products like this digital whiteboard: Woot Math Scratchpad.
- HaxeFlixel RPG project.
- Shiro Games are looking for an Engine/Graphics programmer.
- The team behind Forge of Empires at InnoGames is looking for a Haxe developer, feel free to contact Dan Korostelev in case of any questions! More info can be found at the company’s website.
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Dan Hett is getting ready to put a paid version of Closed Hands up on Steam, with loads of extra content, soundtrack and a directors commentary, plus lots more.
- Check out the Colorful 3D Platformer Bundle on Steam featuring the Haxe powered Speebot game by Kirill Poletaev via Allan Dowdeswell.
- Poker Quest - a poker themed roguelike.
- Shiro Games have published Northgard Balancing Patch
#7~ July 2021 release notes.
In case you missed it
From the Haxe Discord
- Arachnid56 has released “Escape Room” available on itch.io, their first 3D game jam submission for
#The Indie Tales Jam, made with Heaps.
- DinoMa has released their first game “Locked In”, made with HaxeFlixel, available on itch.io.
- Dean has released updates to his game “Stupid Aliens!”, made with HaxeFlixel and available on itch.io.
From the Haxe Discord
- Ben Van Treese has updated their language generator to have links to pronunciations, plus some style cleanup. Give the live demo a quick look.
git- Raytracer in Haxe.
gitby Zeta. It is a
WIPwebidl parser, which also includes a small extern generator. Right now it can parse the WebGPU spec and part of the DOM spec.
- Haxe externs for Neutralino.js by Rabia Alhaffar.
git- Simple, structured markup.
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- The fall season in GoGoPogoGirl is full of mushrooms that are just as bouncy as PogoGirl herself by Andrej.
- The end is in sight for Bad Soccer Manager by Jano Games, within the next two weeks. Check out the Crossbar challenge, the newest mini game. Available on
itch.io/bad-soccer-manager. Made in Stencyl.
- Super Cosmic Heist
2022The Horizon Towers Level One & Level Two
WIPby Fierce. Made in Stencyl.
- A new update is in the works for Super Cosmic Land next month to celebrate the 1st year anniversary by Fierce.
- A preview of ArmorPaint on iPad with cloud support by Lubos Lenco.
- Slow motion makes everything cooler by Ty.
- Teleporting uses energy in
WIPgame by Robert Alvarez.
- Temp interiors. A witch’s home from
WIPgame Patches Of Adventure.
- New stage unlocked! animation from
WIPgame Addlemoth by mauve.
- New screenshots from the second world of Pilie Pals.
- Techy Wrinkles got the placeholder baddies shooting + going for an R-Type level of enemy diversity with a home console shmup level of difficulty.
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Funkin’ Crew is making Friday Night Funkin’, a cartoon rhythm gaming excellence
- Patrick is creating Raspberry Pi 4 support for Haxe/Lime/OpenFL/HaxeFlixel.
- Josh Tynjala is working on Feathers UI — open source, cross-platform UI components built with OpenFL.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add Safe navigation operator proposal.
- Add Destructor proposal.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
- Add Null coalescing operator proposal.
- Add local static proposal.
- Allow enums to opt-out of publishing their constructors in the implicit global scope proposal.
- Add destructive assignments proposal.
- Add Matcher: setting variables and guard as expression in a pattern proposal.
- Add Single pattern check proposal.
- Add Shorthand nullable-type syntax proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
8~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
@:multiType-inception instantiates non-existent constructors issue.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and have a good week!