Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
4.2.3has been released.
- Robert Yang has released “We Dwell In Possibility”, available on virtual factory, a queer gardening sim in collaboration with Eleanor Davis, Aya_Yco, Sophia Foster-Dimino & Andy Grier commissioned by Manchester International Festival. Read more about the game in Robert’s artist statement “that discusses the game logic, dev process, intent, politics, and inspirations”.
- Defenders Quest 2 progress report for June 2021: The Rule of Firsts in Game Testing by Lars Doucet.
- Feathers UI Devlog: Polishing things up for
beta.4, to be released in July.
- Kirill Poletaev has added a dynamic hint system to Pilie Pals.
- Torcado is looking for beta testers for Heck Deck!
- GPU particles thread where rainyt shows openfl-gpu-particles
In case you missed it
- Happy 10 year anniversary of Mine Blocks!
- Using Finite State Machines in HaxeFlixel article by Andrej.
- Perilous Shores
1.1.2: lakes, editable names by Oleg Dolya.
- SlavaRa has added PreviousEdit Plugin for FlashDevelop/HaxeDevelop which allows you to quickly navigate between previosly edited pieces of code.
- PogoGirl Devlog
#22: Graphics Overhaul by Andrej.
- Keyreal has republished his Haxe tutorials to https://keyreal-code.github.io/haxecoder-tutorials/ that originally existed on Haxecoder, via the Haxe Discord server.
- The next episode of The Newgrounds Podcast will be dedicated to the future of gaming. List of guests: Lars Doucet, ninja_muffin99 and Nicolas Cannasse!
- How to create a 2D projectile trajectory path in HaxeFlixel video by Richard Oliver Bray.
- Introduction to HaxeFlixel Part 18 by Questionable Programming.
- Why I chose Kha to make my game devlog for Savage Steel by Domarius Games.
- Interactive ArchViz by Alexander Kleemann is showcasing some interactive architectural visualization in Armory3D for the HTML5/Browser target.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Peter Achberger is available for freelance work.
- Andreas Drewke is looking for a freelancer job or part time job.
- A short term & remote code review job for a HaxeFlixel Browser Game is available.
- Saga Education are looking to hire a full-time software engineer focusing on web & edtech. US only.
Saga Education, is hiring a senior-level software engineer. We use a lot of tech, both frontend and backend, but a lot of our frontend code is in Haxe. We build cool, meaningful EDTech products like this digital whiteboard: Woot Math Scratchpad.
- HaxeFlixel RPG project.
- Nexters (Moscow, Russia) are looking for a Haxe developer to work on their HTML5 game.
- Shiro Games are looking for an Engine/Graphics programmer.
- The team behind Forge of Empires at InnoGames is looking for a Haxe developer, feel free to contact Dan Korostelev in case of any questions! More info can be found at the company’s website.
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Aurel previews some terrain destructive pew pew in their
#Alakajam12 entry titled “Alient to the Past”.
- Robert Alvarez has released his latest puzzle game called Matchkey, available on itch.io and Newgrounds. Made in Stencyl.
- Kirill Poletaev has released two updates for the Polie Pals demo: one with the new hint system and other with reworked intro animations and many other little changes.
- The Steam store page for the Go! Go! PogoGirl is now live!
- The Art of Northgard is the definitive look into the history and art of Northgard’s Viking mythology by Shiro Games.
From the Armory Discord
In case you missed it
From the Haxe Discord server
- Keyreal has announced his newest game - Pilie Pals, made using his custom game engine YUME written in Haxe. Check out the Demo Trailer and grab the demo available from
- Ian Harrigan shows off the many many faces of HaxeUI.
- Ian Harrigan HaxeUI fun side diversion, a PDCurses image viewer.
- Oleg Dolya previews the first test of simple blob like woods in Perilous Shores. And in other news…
- Ian Harrigan previews the PDCurses HaxeUI backend, a fully text rendered backend! via the Haxe Discord server.
git- This is a pure JS binding for Zymbit’s “C interface to Zymkey Application Utilities Library” through the ffi-napi package.
git- A reference for the language in Hatstack.
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- More YES/NO choices in Jano Games Football Manager game. Do you sign Sammy Selfish? Made with Stencyl.
- Avizura has almost completed their editor for their rhythm game Break Beat Battle Machines, created with HaxeFlixel.
- Syo continues to improve the markdown based dialogue system, with scripts based on
hscriptand labels bound to actions.
- Super Cosmic Heist (2022) World 3-3
- Art from an upcoming HaxeFlixel game by Kino Rose.
- Techy Wrinkles is considering player damage with their own shots while in burst mode.
- Michael Bickel has “decided to check if I can do 3D flow fields for pathfinding in 3D space. First step: Voxels.” Using Haxe & Godot engine. Plus spaceships! And with more voxel stuff!
- Dan has updated the graphics for their bomberman inspired game.
- The graphics overhaul of Go! Go! PogoGirl by Andrej continues with the summer season!
- New screenshots from
WIPAddlemoth game by mauve:
From the Haxe Discord server
- SeiferTim has spent the last couple of days adding Newgrounds API and medals and stuff to Monster Match.
- 01010111 shares some mockups for the node based scripting platform they want to make!
From the Armory Discord server
- Rocket shares a quick playthrough vid of their game.
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Funkin’ Crew is making Friday Night Funkin’, a cartoon rhythm gaming excellence
- Patrick is creating Raspberry Pi 4 support for Haxe/Lime/OpenFL/HaxeFlixel.
- Josh Tynjala is working on Feathers UI — open source, cross-platform UI components built with OpenFL.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add Safe navigation operator proposal.
- Add Destructor proposal.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
- Add Null coalescing operator proposal.
- Add local static proposal.
- Allow enums to opt-out of publishing their constructors in the implicit global scope proposal.
- Add destructive assignments proposal.
- Add Matcher: setting variables and guard as expression in a pattern proposal.
- Add Single pattern check proposal.
- Add Shorthand nullable-type syntax proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
7~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Add environment variables as
env.*defines pull request.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and have a good week!