Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- An interview with Sébastien Bénard of Deepnight Games.
- Ludum Dare 48 staff picks article by GitHub highlights Nuclear Blaze (Heaps), Fetal Fury (HaxeFlixel), Fishing Trouble (Heaps) as well as a mention of LDtk (Heaps, Electron).
- The Haxe git repository has reached 20,000 commits!
- PogoGirl Devlog
#18: A New Move + Demo Date article by Andrej.
- Learn how to create a full Breakout game in just 6 steps by Andrej with his HaxeFlixel Breakout series.
In case you missed it
4.2.2has been released!
- Friday Night Funkin’: The Full Ass Game Kickstarter has completed with 58,561 backers pledging
$2,247,641, they are funkin funded!
- Use Haxe to generate GLSL for OpenFL showcase.
- Collision and Overlap in HaxeFlixel article by Andrej.
- Fix Overlap Not Registering in HaxeFlixel article by Kino Rose.
- PogoGirl Devlog #17: New Demo Incoming! by Andrej.
- 6 Months of Mine Blocks Beta Updates! by Mine Blocks.
- Introduction to HaxeFlixel Part 12 by Questionable Programming.
- Optional arguments in Haxe explained by Richard Oliver Bray.
- Haxe and OpenFL Tutorials: Part 1.2 “Setting up IntelliJ IDEA” video by Chris.
- Haxe Godot Experiment
#2by Michael Bickel.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Peter Achberger is available for freelance work.
- Andreas Drewke is looking for a freelancer job or part time job.
- HaxeFlixel RPG project.
- Allan Dowdeswell is looking for Haxe developers for outsourcing relationship.
- Nexters (Moscow, Russia) are looking for a Haxe developer to work on their HTML5 game.
- To reach their goal of helping to save one million lives every year by 2030, Laerdal is looking for a Software Platform Developer to join them in Copenhagen. Remote work is possible, but will require several days a week on site.
- Shiro Games are looking for an Engine/Graphics programmer.
- The team behind Forge of Empires at InnoGames is looking for a Haxe developer, feel free to contact Dan Korostelev in case of any questions! More info can be found at the company’s website.
- BeeInventor Limited are hiring for a Haxe fullstack developer to join them in Taipei & Hong Kong.
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Wayward from the Haxe Discord server has released Mammoth Herder, built for a class project, is available on itch.io. Made with HaxeFlixel.
- Alessandro Pezzetti has releases Leap the Synth, a rhythm platformer based on Synthwave music onto the Apple Store and the Web.
- Ty has released a rhythm game called Burgerline created for a jam, available on itch.io and Newgrounds. Made with HaxeFlixel.
- Axel de Conti, Camille Berring, Benjamin Gobbé and Martin Ringot have released Greenwitch Grove, available from itch.io. Made with Heaps.
In this plant-based puzzle game, you rebuild our post-collapse world by helping a plant to grow through the metal junk ruins from ancient times. Bend the five elements – Water, Earth, Air, Fire and Ether – and grow your way up - or down - to the pentacle!
- The Clan of the Squirrel and their unrivaled skill in both the kitchen and on the battlefield have arrived ashore the mystical land of Northgard!
In case you missed it
- HxRogulelike by George Harpwood is his 7th HaxeFlixel prototype.
- The playable demo of bloodninja’s game is also available online. Controls are
WASD + GHor
Arrow keys + numpad 0 and 1, or plug in a controller and use
L-analogue/d-pad and A/B (using Xbox layout).
- Belowdecent from Haxe Discord server has made Flixel Bord - a tiny game as a tutorial project in 24 hours.
- Jérémy Fa has managed to get Dear ImGui working with Haxe on both C# and JS targets. Check out the demo, which may be closed source, but the Dear ImGUI library bindings are open source as is the game engine that uses the library.
- Squidly is looking for collaborators to help make the ultimate tactics engine! It even has attack animations!
- OverWorld is a platformer game made by 1337 from the Haxe Discord server.
- RPGMaker Template For Plugins by Kino Rose.
- In George Harpwood’s game, if a mob kills you, they will celebrate it over your corpse. Made with HaxeFlixel. You can play it on itch.io and get source code from GitHub.
git- Haxe externs for binaryen.js.
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- Syo previews restrictive constructions from ARP Inc in their Jitter Sandbox, made with Heaps. How about one more ARP Inc test.
- Enemy sprite designs for Super Cosmic Heist by Fierce.
- Super Cosmic Heist - World 3-2
- More Lethal Mountain Level Screenshots from Super Cosmic Heist by Fierce.
- Insightful football quotes are being added to Bad Soccer Manager by Jano Games, made with Stencyl.
- Michael Bickel doing more Haxe Godot stuff…
- Dylan Navas is making progress on “Latin American needs… GRAPE SODA!”. And has set up nightly builds for the game.
- Mauve has showed a new tileset for Addlemoth puzzle game. Aaaaaaanyway got all the tileset stuff together, except for the water animation and the edges.
- You can’t pass through these red walls in new puzzle platformer game by Robert Alvarez.
- Torcado has added a new border design for larger resolutions in Heck Deck.
- Little peek at the next update of Fault by GhostID.
- Small animation created with code by Jérémy Fa.
- Matthijs Kamstra is making a paper-toy-builder desktop app.
From the Haxe Discord server
- Skyfire previews, a new enemy type to Avoider, is available on itch.io.
- Daniel previews a marble sim! Which you can try online.
- Touch controls are now working in
WIPgame by bloodninja.
- Adobe AIR left, OpenFL Native Windows, right, same code by Chris.
- Belowdecent is making a simple polygon editor in HaxeFlixel.
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Funkin’ Crew is making Friday Night Funkin’, a cartoon rhythm gaming excellence
- Patrick is creating Raspberry Pi 4 support for Haxe/Lime/OpenFL/HaxeFlixel.
- Josh Tynjala is working on Feathers UI — open source, cross-platform UI components built with OpenFL.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add Safe navigation operator proposal.
- Add Destructor proposal.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
- Add Null coalescing operator proposal.
- Add local static proposal.
- Allow enums to opt-out of publishing their constructors in the implicit global scope proposal.
- Add destructive assignments proposal.
- Add Matcher: setting variables and guard as expression in a pattern proposal.
- Add Single pattern check proposal.
- Add Shorthand nullable-type syntax proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
8~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Nothing of interest this week.
In case you missed it
[lua/python]Incorrect result for
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and have a good week!