Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
4.2.2has been released!
- Friday Night Funkin’: The Full Ass Game Kickstarter has completed with 58,561 backers pledging
$2,247,641, they are funkin funded!
- Use Haxe to generate GLSL for OpenFL showcase.
- Collision and Overlap in HaxeFlixel article by Andrej.
- Fix Overlap Not Registering in HaxeFlixel article by Kino Rose.
- PogoGirl Devlog #17: New Demo Incoming! by Andrej.
- 6 Months of Mine Blocks Beta Updates! by Mine Blocks.
In case you missed it
- Friday Night Funkin’: The Full Ass Game Kickstarter currently at
$1,932,705from 50k+ backers with 5 days still to go!
- Using “Strictly Typed JSON” article has been published!
- A quick overview of how Kevin Leung is using Haxe professionally in their IoT platform.
- HaxeFlixel – Screen vs World Position article by Kino Rose.
- “Balancing Defender’s Quest 2’s “minion” classes” article by Lars Doucet.
- “Haxe seems great but not for web development?” community discussion.
- “Why use Haxe over C/C++ (or any other language on the TIOBE index suitable for game dev)?” Armory discussion.
- Rogue of Vallas Devlog 17: Implementing BASIC, Part 2 by Merrak.
- Cloud Library in ArmorPaint video.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- Haxe and OpenFL Tutorials: Part 1.1 - Setting up VSCode video by Chris Speciale.
- Shader course EP16. How to add a shimmer shader to a sprite in HaxeFlixel part 2 by Richard Oliver Bray.
- JITTER Sandbox preview by Syo via the Haxe Discord server.
- Creating an RPG in 1 Hour with Slay! video by Shay Slay.
- Introduction to HaxeFlixel Part 11 by Questionable Programming.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Peter Achberger is available for freelance work.
- Andreas Drewke is looking for a freelancer job or part time job.
- Nexters (Moscow, Russia) are looking for a Haxe developer to work on their HTML5 game.
- To reach their goal of helping to save one million lives every year by 2030, Laerdal is looking for a Software Platform Developer to join them in Copenhagen. Remote work is possible, but will require several days a week on site.
- Shiro Games are looking for an Engine/Graphics programmer.
- The team behind Forge of Empires at InnoGames is looking for a Haxe developer, feel free to contact Dan Korostelev in case of any questions! More info can be found at the company’s website.
- BeeInventor Limited are hiring for a Haxe fullstack developer to join them in Taipei & Hong Kong.
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- HxRogulelike by George Harpwood is his 7th HaxeFlixel prototype.
- The playable demo of bloodninja’s game is also available online. Controls are
WASD + GHor
Arrow keys + numpad 0 and 1, or plug in a controller and use
L-analogue/d-pad and A/B (using Xbox layout).
- Belowdecent from Haxe Discord server has made Flixel Bord - a tiny game as a tutorial project in 24 hours.
In case you missed it
- Robert Alvarez has released Laser Push, his latest puzzle game made with Stencyl, available on itch.io and Newgrounds.
- Luyren’s resource pack update comes with bug fixes, updated documentation, AI & Combat pack supports extra lives and more! Available from itch.io.
- Immanent Death has officially released Spaceblast, available on itch.io, Newgrounds and Game Jolt. Made with Stencyl.
- HxBubbles Pop is George’s 6th out of 10 game prototype made with HaxeFlixel to be released.
- Clyde has released their first game made in Haxe called VectorLance, available on itch.io. From the Haxe Discord server.
- AxG building Heaps JS with Pony.
- HaxeUI sliders get some nice new properties by Ian Harrigan, also available in dark mode!
- Ian Harrigan has also added the ability to filter data sources in HaxeUI.
- There will be an in-game editor in Latin American needs… Grape Soda! by SavanDev, and the game is now open sourced and available on GitHub.
- New game menu for Nuclear Blaze. Because Sébastien’s kid wanted some cool helicopter.
- Jérémy Fa has managed to add a camera implementation in Ceramic engine that allows to move around in a level bigger than the screen, from the Haxe Discord server.
git- OpenFL GLSL Shader and openfl-glsl-samples
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- Kino Rose previews their first big game, coming out soon and made with HaxeFlixel.
- Dangers coin by MortMort, made with Stencyl.
- Super Cosmic Heist World 3-1
- More tileset work for Addlemoth game by mauve.
- Robert Alvarez is working on a new puzzle platformer game, so here is GIF from it - Jumping to phase through tiles.
- Techy Wrinkles has found a useful move function for Objects in Heaps.
- New GIFs from Go! Go! PogoGirl:
From the Armory Discord server
- Daniel’s top down tank demo created with Armory3D.
From the Haxe Discord server
- Squidly is working on tactics game and has added path highlighting.
- A couple of new videos from
WIPgame by bloodninja:
- Some experiments by SeiferTim:
In case you missed it.
- One more game made for Ludum Dare 48 - Holey Moley.
- ☢ Nuclear Blaze, a Ludum Dare entry made with Heaps, LDtk and Gamebase: Nuclear Blaze by Sébastien Bénard.
- Improbability engine, an Escheresque point 'n click puzzle game by Aurel.
- Diacombs, “You are a microscopic creature called a Diacomb”, made with HaxeFlixel.
- Grem, “a short challenging tile-based action puzzle game” by Ty made with HaxeFlixel.
- Orbdig “a digging game with dynamite and explosions and lasers!” by Daniel made with Kha & Nape.
- Depth Orb, with “the goal of the game is to steer the orb left and right and thereby descend deeper and deeper into the game” by Of Mimas made with Heaps.
- Plunge, in which you “avoid the red, collect the green & how fast can you get to the end?” by ZwodahS over on the Haxe Discord server. The source is available on GitLab.
- Check out Fishing Trouble in which “you are in debt to a very bad mobster dude. The only way you can get out of it is to do what you do best - fish” by jefvel over on the Haxe Discord server.
- Miner Rescue, “save the last generation of space miners from their doom!” by Vasco over on the Haxe Discord server.
- Nalin Bermet by Kino, in which you “help our young hero grant his wish by venturing to the bottom of the well and obtaining the lotus” via the Haxe Discord server.
- You got 1 minute to blast through your insides in non-stop furious action. Kick your mom’s ass and beg for forgiveness! Fetal Fury
- Self reflection by torcado. Look deep within your own soul. what will you find?
- Bad Water by Andrei Rudenko. Where you play as a water creature, and slowly dive deep to save yourself from toxic pollution.
- Fleeting “the battle is already lost, and this is where we start. You are in shambles, an easy target for the predators to hunt down and tear apart, and there is not much you can do about it other than flee.”
- Escape is a “Vertical scrolling platformer. Go deeper into the pit of evil to avoid the spikes. Maybe there’s a way out?” made with HaxeFlixel by Matt.
- Check out more Haxe Ludum Dare games from the last theme LD47 “Stuck in a loop”.
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Funkin’ Crew is making Friday Night Funkin’, a cartoon rhythm gaming excellence
- Patrick is creating Raspberry Pi 4 support for Haxe/Lime/OpenFL/HaxeFlixel.
- Josh Tynjala is working on Feathers UI — open source, cross-platform UI components built with OpenFL.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add Safe navigation operator proposal.
- Add Destructor proposal.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
- Add Null coalescing operator proposal.
- Add local static proposal.
- Allow enums to opt-out of publishing their constructors in the implicit global scope proposal.
- Add destructive assignments proposal.
- Add Matcher: setting variables and guard as expression in a pattern proposal.
- Add Single pattern check proposal.
- Add Shorthand nullable-type syntax proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
4~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
[lua/python]Incorrect result for
In case you missed it
[js]Use type parameters in
Mutex.acquire()twice by same thread hangs on Linux/macOS fixed.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and have a good week!