Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Friday Night Funkin’: The Full Ass Game - Cartoon Rhythm Gaming Excellence Kickstarter has launched, currently at
- Cameron Taylor interviewed in “Kickstarter launched for Friday Night Funkin’” article.
- 🏰 Medieval Fantasy City Generator
0.8.3: assorted improvements article by Oleg Dolya.
- Kickstarter Devlog Roundup: April 2021 article by Josh Tynjala.
- PogoGirl Devlog
#15: The Platform Rundown article by Andrej.
- Kino Rose has published three articles this week:
- “Sight” The Horror Game has been announced by ArmoryBlender.
[patreon]To celebrate the destruction of the first Patreon goal, Andrej has posted the next TWO parts of HaxeFlixel Breakout tutorial in early access.
[patreon]Install Haxe without docker with binaries from my GitHub repository article.
In case you missed it
- The HaxeIn 2021 schedule for todays event is now available.
- Feature Showcase:
overload's in Haxe
4.2article by George Corney.
- Feathers UI beta.3 preview build on Haxelib article by Josh Tynjala.
- Parade of Parasites: DQ2 progress report for March 2021 by Lars Doucet.
- PogoGirl Devlog
#14: How I Build Levels article by Andrej.
- An in depth guide on setting up HaxeFlixel by Mig Moog.
- HaxeFlixel – Pathing In Your Game article by Kino Rose.
9.1.0has been released!
- An Update & Poll article by Axol Studio.
I’m going to be transparent with you here for a minute. I am having a hard time finding the momentum to keep this thing going.
- HaxeIn 2021 powered by InnoGames playlist by Alexander Hohlov.
- Introduction to HaxeFlixel Part 7 by Questionable Programming.
- Luyren Stencyl Quick Tips - Image API video by Luyren.
- ArmorPaint. Leather chair. Procedural material + my new nodes. English and French videos by Alexander Kiryanov.
- More mobile friendly website video by RPG Playground.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- Rogue of Vallas Devlog 15: NPC Strategies video by Merrak.
- Introduction to HaxeFlixel Part 6 by Questionable Programming.
- Digital artist Dan Hett discussing CLOSED HANDS, an interactive fiction game that spawned out of tragedy, about the politics behind and within the game, and the role it could play in tackling extremism in The Bunker: Politics on Lockdown podcast.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- To reach their goal of helping to save one million lives every year by 2030, Laerdal is looking for a Software Platform Developer to join them in Copenhagen. Remote work is possible, but will require several days a week on site.
- Shiro Games are looking for an Engine/Graphics programmer.
- The team behind Forge of Empires at InnoGames is looking for a Haxe developer, feel free to contact Dan Korostelev in case of any questions! More info can be found at the company’s website.
- BeeInventor Limited are hiring for a Haxe fullstack developer to join them in Taipei & Hong Kong.
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Friday Night Funkin - Week 7 is out now! Timed exclusive to Newgrounds!
- Legends of IdleOn is an idle MMO made in Stencyl by one person. Go check it out now on Steam! via Stencyl.
- Ragdolls Can’t Dunk by Fresh Juice Games is getting released on May 5th to the iOS and Android stores, made with Stencyl.
In case you missed it
- The harsh lands of Northgard by Shiro Games can now officially be conquered on iOS!
- Peter Achberger has released public beta of NextRealm Bubbles. Any feedback is appreciated. The game’s client is Haxe + Phaser, and server is Haxe + NodeJS.
- Steel Seraph had updated to
1.10.0on Itch.io, Steam and GameJolt for Windows, Mac and Linux.
- Drop and Merge Numbers game by Mansour Djawadi. Made with OpenFL.
- Fresh Juice Games is releasing the remastered edition of Food Forecast on April 28th to iOS and Android. Made with Stencyl.
0.9preview showing off the new cool features being released by Sébastien.
- Ian Harrigan previews the work in progress sidebar component in HaxeUI.
- Patrick’s first attempt using the Raspberry Pi Pico (C SDK) as a gamepad with Rotaryencoder in OpenFL and HaxeFlixel. Continuous mode or clamp mode via switch.
- Thanks to the amazing Aseprite-heaps
gitlib from Austin East, it’s now super easy to load an Aseprite file directly into Gamebase by Sébastien Bénard. Preview via the Haxe Discord server.
- Getting started with Go2Hx compiling to CPP.
0.9.0- Biomes and tags,
0.9.2have been released.
0.14.9has been released.
- CHAOS framework
git- A framework that has it’s own User Interface components. It include Sound Manager and 2D elements.
git- Auto-generates GML <-> CPP interop code.
git- A template for working with RPGMakerMV/MZ games in Haxe using the LunaTea framework by Kino Rose.
git- Multiple spoken language helpers for day/month names when using Haxe datetime
git- C# to Haxe converter.
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- Super Cosmic Heist - World 2-6
WIPby Fierce, made with Stencyl.
- JanoGames is finishing off the morale games of “Bad Soccer Manager” Creating more holes to play in the golf game.
- New GIF showing a little bit of progress made for
WIPsandbox game by 1speed studio.
- Chris has made a colour picker extension for FeathersUI and OpenFL, previewed on the OpenFL Discord server. With live example available online.
- Kino Rose is working on one of their first games in Flixel since well…Snake and RPGMaker, shared via the Haxe Discord server.
- New screenshot and GIF from
WIPgame by lampysprites:
- New GIFs from Jitter Sandbox by Syo:
- Couple of GIFs from
WIPgame Renaine by Octosoft:
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Funkin’ Crew is making Friday Night Funkin’, a cartoon rhythm gaming excellence
- Patrick is creating Raspberry Pi 4 support for Haxe/Lime/OpenFL/HaxeFlixel.
- Josh Tynjala is working on Feathers UI — open source, cross-platform UI components built with OpenFL.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add Destructor proposal.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
- Add Null coalescing operator proposal.
- Add local static proposal.
- Allow enums to opt-out of publishing their constructors in the implicit global scope proposal.
- Add destructive assignments proposal.
- Add Matcher: setting variables and guard as expression in a pattern proposal.
- Add Single pattern check proposal.
- Add Shorthand nullable-type syntax proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
6~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Nothing of interest this week.
In case you missed it
@:op(A += B)is eliminated by the analyzer fixed.
[php]enum/class named Attribute will fail at runtime with PHP 8 issue.
[hxcs]You need to define
unsafeto be able to use unsafe code in hxcs with dotnet
- Missing uninitialized local error when using local functions inside one of the branches issue.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and have a good week!