Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- The HaxeIn 2021 schedule for todays event is now available.
- Feature Showcase:
overload's in Haxe
4.2article by George Corney.
- Feathers UI beta.3 preview build on Haxelib article by Josh Tynjala.
- Parade of Parasites: DQ2 progress report for March 2021 by Lars Doucet.
- PogoGirl Devlog
#14: How I Build Levels article by Andrej.
- An in depth guide on setting up HaxeFlixel by Mig Moog.
- HaxeFlixel – Pathing In Your Game article by Kino Rose.
9.1.0has been released!
- An Update & Poll article by Axol Studio.
I’m going to be transparent with you here for a minute. I am having a hard time finding the momentum to keep this thing going.
In case you missed it
- Rogue of Vallas Devlog 15: NPC Strategies video by Merrak.
- Introduction to HaxeFlixel Part 6 by Questionable Programming.
- Digital artist Dan Hett discussing CLOSED HANDS, an interactive fiction game that spawned out of tragedy, about the politics behind and within the game, and the role it could play in tackling extremism in The Bunker: Politics on Lockdown podcast.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- To reach their goal of helping to save one million lives every year by 2030, Laerdal is looking for a Software Platform Developer to join them in Copenhagen. Remote work is possible, but will require several days a week on site.
- Shiro Games are looking for an Engine/Graphics programmer.
- Shiro Games are still looking for people to join their team of passionate developers in Bordeaux to work on a new unannounced project.
- Bloognoo is looking for a Haxe developer to help them save live venues.
- The team behind Forge of Empires at InnoGames is looking for a Haxe developer, feel free to contact Dan Korostelev in case of any questions! More info can be found at the company’s website.
- BeeInventor Limited are hiring for a Haxe fullstack developer to join them in Taipei & Hong Kong.
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- The harsh lands of Northgard by Shiro Games can now officially be conquered on iOS!
- Peter Achberger has released public beta of NextRealm Bubbles. Any feedback is appreciated. The game’s client is Haxe + Phaser, and server is Haxe + NodeJS.
- Steel Seraph had updated to
1.10.0on Itch.io, Steam and GameJolt for Windows, Mac and Linux.
- Drop and Merge Numbers game by Mansour Djawadi. Made with OpenFL.
- Fresh Juice Games is releasing the remastered edition of Food Forecast on April 28th to iOS and Android. Made with Stencyl.
In case you missed it
- Luyren adds Z ordering sorting to their AI and Combat Pack, available on itch.io, made with Stencyl.
- William Dyce has released their little experiment made with Haxe & Heaps, Dinosocial Distancing, available now on itch.io.
- Robert Alvarez has released their newest game Gravisquare, available now on Newgrounds and itch.io, made with Stencyl.
- Ribbit Digits! made by torcado for the ChainLetterJam.
- Spellbreak’s Chapter 2: The Fracture is being rolled out today!
- Abstract Enum methods & properties example by Nanjizal.
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the code.haxe.org cookbook.
- HaxeUI running in the command line…on Windows?
- Patrick is testing HaxeFlixel on the RaspberryPi and different screens, with the results coming to his Patreon page soon.
- Patrick is also testing RaspberryPi support for HaxeFlixel on a Pi4 with a hyperpixel weirdly square display and a custom built rotaryencoder.
- A shift day calendar test by Nanjizal.
- Feathers UI
1.0.0-beta.3for Haxe and OpenFL has been released.
git- Utils / helper methods for working with some core data types (Nullable, Outcome, etc).
git- Haxe Externs for @pmmp Minecraft Bedrock Edition Server Software.
git- TP-Link WiFi SmartPlug Controller for written for Haxe
4.2+ by ʇ0mmy.
gitby Kaelan Evans is a tool to read Pokemon Crystal rom. Sort of reverse engineered.
[tink_sql]Initial PostgreSQL support pull request.
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- A very small demo of progress by bloodninja from the Haxe Discord server, made with HaxeFlixel and LDtk.
You need a controller attached to actually get past the start screen (press A on the Xbox layout) but keyboard arrow buttons work in game too. ACCEPT = A (on Xbox pad), PAUSE = start on gamepad, Enter on KB.
- The look of the chairman has changed in Jano Games Bad Soccer Manager, to a lilac shirt and pony tail.
- Don’t go seeing the chairman if you lose a match. Also the cat wants a piece of you in Jano Games Bad Soccer Manager, made with Stencyl.
- Random Kha terminal by Daniel Blaker and a video with added boot sound.
- Fab is playing around with Haxe and Heaps again.
- Coyote physics thing in PogoGirl!
- This week’s Friday update of Mine Blocks has all things pigs!
- Techy Wrinkles found time to get player shots moving/changing smoothly by power level.
- Bestiary of Jitter Sandbox by Syo.
- hm… something happened to torcado’s cards in Heck Deck.
WIPgame by 1speed Studio.
- Strange guy from SCRAPS OF LIGHT GAME.
- Verdog from the Haxe Discord server is making a state machine simulator for a CS course. You can play around with it at https://dogspluspl.us/nfal.
- Baturinsky from the Haxe Discord server is making a game with Heaps, check out these two videos:
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Patrick is creating Raspberry Pi 4 support for Haxe/Lime/OpenFL/HaxeFlixel.
- Josh Tynjala is working on Feathers UI — open source, cross-platform UI components built with OpenFL.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add Destructor proposal.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
- Add Null coalescing operator proposal.
- Add local static proposal.
- Allow enums to opt-out of publishing their constructors in the implicit global scope proposal.
- Add destructive assignments proposal.
- Add Matcher: setting variables and guard as expression in a pattern proposal.
- Add Single pattern check proposal.
- Add Shorthand nullable-type syntax proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
7~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
@:op(A += B)is eliminated by the analyzer fixed.
[php]enum/class named Attribute will fail at runtime with PHP 8 issue.
[hxcs]You need to define
unsafeto be able to use unsafe code in hxcs with dotnet
- Missing uninitialized local error when using local functions inside one of the branches issue.
In case you missed it
- Type param constraint regression issue.
[js/draft]Tackle field inits in this-before-super situation pull request.
- Parametrized constraints choke on inheritance fixed.
[hl]Values assigned inside of nested
catchare discarded issue.
- Functions in macro parameters are not correctly processed fixed.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and have a good week!