Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Closed Hands Interview - Challenging Our Perception Of A “Video Game” article via PΔSSENGER.
- The pieces of the Pi Puzzle article by Patrick.
- HaxeFlixel Groups & Collisions article by Kino Rose.
- Recursive bisection with a twist article by Oleg Dolya.
- Database with Depot & Haxe black magic article by Kino Rose.
- HaxeFlixel Crash Course: Make a Pong Game in Under 1 Hour article by Andrej from Ohsat Games.
- Check out all of the Chapter 2 teases from Spellbreak’s upcoming The Fracture release, releasing on April 8th!
In case you missed it
- Dead Cells sold 1 million copies in China ‘within a few days’ of launch.
- community.haxe.org is back up and running! After a fire at the hosting datacenter.
- HF Breakout 3 - Hitting Bricks tutorial by Andrej, publicly available on the 27th March.
- LunaTechs - Case Files RPGMaker Plugin article by Kino Rose.
- PΔSSENGER have released the soundtrack of CLOSED HANDS, available now on itch.io.
- Rogue of Vallas Level 1-1 Playthrough video by Merrak.
- Rogue of Vallas Devlog 14: World Building video by Merrak.
- Introduction to HaxeFlixel Part 4 by Questionable Programming.
- EP10. Adding a border / outline to a HaxeFlixel spite using a shader - Shader Course video by Richard Oliver Bray.
- You can now use Haxe to make a Godot gamev | HaxeGodot video by Richard Oliver Bray.
- Check out Spellbreak’s Chapter 2: The Fracture trailer, coming to PC and consoles April 8th!
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- To reach their goal of helping to save one million lives every year by 2030, Laerdal is looking for a Software Platform Developer to join them in Copenhagen. Remote work is possible, but will require several days a week on site.
- Shiro Games are looking for an Engine/Graphics programmer.
- Shiro Games are still looking for people to join their team of passionate developers in Bordeaux to work on a new unannounced project.
- Bloognoo is looking for a Haxe developer to help them save live venues.
- The team behind Forge of Empires at InnoGames is looking for a Haxe developer, feel free to contact Dan Korostelev in case of any questions! More info can be found at the company’s website.
- BeeInventor Limited are hiring for a Haxe fullstack developer to join them in Taipei & Hong Kong.
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Early demo of “Bad Soccer Manager” by Jano Games is available from itch.io.
- The Gluttons Purge is available to play now on Newgrounds by Mig Moog, made with HaxeFlixel.
- IriySofts latest HTML5 game made with OpenFL, Cycle Extreme, has been released onto Game Disribution.
In case you missed it
- Dicey Dungeons
v1.11is now live on Steam and Itch.io! Read all about it here. via Terry Cavanagh.
- The BadSeed DLC for Dead Cells is coming March 30th on your mobile devices! via Playdigious.
- Luyren has added an input buffer for all attacks/commands in AI and Combat pack.
- Arachnowopunk by Benny Heller is now available for free on iOS!
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
WIPKino Rose dynamically loading Aseprite files and their animation tags in HaxeFlixel.
- The chairman’s cat in Jano Games football manager game, is causing all sorts of problems. Made in Stencyl.
- Andrej from Ohsat Games swears they are still properly working on Go! Go! PogoGirl…
- Some visual improvements by 1speed from their indie game.
- The Ever Given recreated in the Jitter sandbox by Syo using Heaps.
- Joel shows off the animation for picking up discs in their dungeon crawler made with Heaps.
- In a recent Realmkit stream, Daniel made it so the eraser & normal brushes toggled between the physical part of the tablet stylus, shared over on the Haxe Discord channel.
- Lore character cards from Renaine, NFT-less claimable cards for Mr. Bird Dad and Josephine Elizabeth Factoria!
- Meet The Striker from Double Turn who’s signature move is Leaping Knee Strike!
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Patrick is creating Raspberry Pi 4 support for Haxe/Lime/OpenFL/HaxeFlixel.
- Josh Tynjala is working on Feathers UI — open source, cross-platform UI components built with OpenFL.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
- Add Null coalescing operator proposal.
- Add local static proposal.
- Allow enums to opt-out of publishing their constructors in the implicit global scope proposal.
- Add destructive assignments proposal.
- Add Matcher: setting variables and guard as expression in a pattern proposal.
- Add Single pattern check proposal.
- Add Shorthand nullable-type syntax proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
13~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Type param constraint regression issue.
[js/draft]Tackle field inits in this-before-super situation pull request.
- Parametrized constraints choke on inheritance fixed.
[hl]Values assigned inside of nested
catchare discarded issue.
- Functions in macro parameters are not correctly processed fixed.
In case you missed it
- No-op switch not eliminated by analyzer fixed.
- Abstract implicit cast prevents finding explicit one issue.
[crypto]FIX: Aes, Blowfish, Des and Twofish decrypt() functions merged.
- Compiler define flags switching dash to underscore can result in flag defined with two values issue.
_dyncan make HXCPP fail issue.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and have a good week!