Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- PΔSSENGER games has released CLOSED HANDS a ground breaking work of interactive fiction directed by Dan Hett, available from itch.io and made with OpenFL.
The game follows the deep intertwined stories of five people thrown together by their involvement in a fictional terror attack.
- Armory Digest Q1 2021 edition has been published.
- Gradient Vodka Soda article by Brad Gill.
[Brad] programmed their teaser website, which had a bunch of interesting technical requirements. In this post [Brad] will go over a few of the more interesting tests he wrote. Most will work best if you have hardware acceleration enabled.
- How To Create Scenes In HaxeFlixel article by Kino Rose.
- Another small update: Compass Rose Generator by Oleg Dolya.
- LDtk 2D World Builder Hands-On Tutorial by GameFromScratch.
- Tanking Texas Temperatures: DQ2 progress report for February 2021 by Lars Doucet.
- There was a fire at the hosting datacenter, so community.haxe.org is currently down.
In case you missed it
4.2.1has been released!
- Try the new try.haxe.org! Check out the source code on GitHub.
- Haxe: Using class reification in
@:buildmacros article by Vadam.
4.2.0– Module Level Fields Update article by Kino Rose.
- PogoGirl Devlog #13: The Tools of Pogo by Andrej.
- HaxeFlixel Breakout Tutorial. Part 2 - Balls and Walls by Andrej.
- Medieval Fantasy City Generator
0.8.2: basic integration with Armoria by Oleg Dolya.
- Newgrounds is hosting the Friday Night Funkin’ Animation Jam!
Many of you have likely noticed Friday Night Funkin’ is a huge hit, on its way to becoming the most popular game in the history of NG. To celebrate, we’re hosting a Friday Night Funkin’ Animation Jam, with a $5K prize pool from the Funkin’ team and over $1.4k from the community!
- Watch “digital artist and writer Dan Hett tells Capital about his new game ‘Closed Hands’ which looks at the long-lasting impact a terror attack has on a city.”
- Exciting new features of Haxe
4.2.0video by Richard Oliver Bray.
- ArmorPaint. News. March 10th, 2021 English and French videos by Alexander Kiryanov.
- Introduction to HaxeFlixel Part 1 video by Questionable Programming.
- Strandead teaser trailer by Miles for a game made in HaxeFlixel.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- Check out the mobile preview of Northgard via Playdigious.
- Copy-paste + exciting news! video by RPG Playground.
- The Pawspector Launch stream by Axol Studio.
- An Introduction to HaxeFlixel Part 0 video by Questionable Programming.
- DAGGONE TROUBLE MAKIN SLIME video from
WIPOpenFL-based game by Will Blanton.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- To reach their goal of helping to save one million lives every year by 2030, Laerdal is looking for a Software Platform Developer to join them in Copenhagen. Remote work is possible, but will require several days a week on site.
- Shiro Games are looking for an Engine/Graphics programmer.
- Shiro Games are still looking for people to join their team of passionate developers in Bordeaux to work on a new unannounced project.
- Bloognoo is looking for a Haxe developer to help them save live venues.
- The team behind Forge of Empires at InnoGames is looking for a Haxe developer, feel free to contact Dan Korostelev in case of any questions! More info can be found at the company’s website.
- BeeInventor Limited are hiring for a Haxe fullstack developer to join them in Taipei.
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Web version of Fuboos’ Woorlds is now available on itch.io. And check out the announcement post over on the OpenFL forum.
- Dicey Dungeons
v1.11is up in the “testing” branch now on Steam - should go live on Monday if there are no unexpected problems. Here is the changelog for it.
- Abyss by ZwodahS. Made with Heaps for
In case you missed it
- Pipe using Abstract Operator Overloading code example by Jeremy Meltingtallow.
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the code.haxe.org cookbook.
git- A reader for Stencyl mbs files in Haxe.
git- A rudimentary ECS written in Haxe.
git- Implementation of k/theta.
git- Code of the Haxe re-implementation of the SeqPHASE program.
git- A engine made in Haxe using Kha, takes a lot of inspiration from Phaser with some internal adjustments.
git- A type-safe, compiled Lisp for Haxe programs.
gitis a project where Gioele-Bencivenga try to draw an Echo LineCast in HaxeFlixel.
gitis a Haxe ECS for personal use by Colin Okay.
git- Units of Measurement and their conversions.
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- More random gameplay of Go! Go! PogoGirl by Andrej. And PogoGirl is moving on up!
- Mini game 2 complete in Jano Games football game, made with Stencyl. Scare away the pigeons for a morale boost! Or play golf for more morale…
- D minor: the saddest of all keys, really. From Leapin Lads by Cory Martin.
- Techy Wrinkles is really starting to like Heaps and converted demo to Heaps.
- Ψ (psi) from Jitter Sandbox by Syo.
- Will Blanton has implemented doors that affect line of sight, pathfinding, are destructible, and can be opened with arrows in one day without cursing at computer once.
- Simple flixel-compatible bloom shader made for Minicology by Isaac Denner.
- A couple of quick videos from Renaine:
- Rob Clemmons Jr is working on Patches Of Adventure and shared some screenshots from it:
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
- Add Null coalescing operator proposal.
- Add local static proposal.
- Allow enums to opt-out of publishing their constructors in the implicit global scope proposal.
- Add destructive assignments proposal.
- Add Matcher: setting variables and guard as expression in a pattern proposal.
- Add Single pattern check proposal.
- Add Shorthand nullable-type syntax proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
16~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Allow trailing commas pull request.
[jvm]Fixe manifest generation on the jvm target merged.
[regression]Constraining class object against structure AND class throws off DCE issue.
In case you missed it
- Possible null safety hole with structs and/or monomorphs issue.
- Type inference vs call return types vs abstract casts issue.
- Unexpected behaviour when using #if with an unspecified define issue.
- Typedef unification closed.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and have a good week!