Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Twinspire - a new website and tools announcement.
Twinspire is a set of utility libraries that, together, can aid in the development of applications, video games and websites. It is divided up into three modules, which includes UI, Game and Web, in addition to the Core module which these three rely on.
- @cr0wn hosted a CTF competition this weekend. One of the challenges Aurel made was about reverse engineering a piece of Haxe code. Here is a write-up from one of the people who solved it, with the challenge file included at the top.
- Kino Rose has written the article “HaxeFlixel – Creating A Tower Defense”, their recently finished game created in a week, which is also available to play online.
- “Updates Games And 2021” patreon post by Axol Studio.
- Procgen Mansion
2.1.0: OBJ export and other new features by Oleg Dolya.
- “HF Breakout 1 - Anatomy of a Project” tutorial by Andrej.
In case you missed it
- Creating a AWS Lambda function with Haxe article by Joseph Manley, with source code available on GitHub.
- Alex Lanzetta has written “First 3 Months of Mine Blocks Beta!”.
- Feathers UI Devlog: Alert, Header, scrolling pixel snapping, and
- Some Haxe love on Reddit.
- HF Breakout 1 - Anatomy of a Project article by Andrej.
- “After leading the defectors to safety, Seraphine sets out to destroy the mothership’s gravity generator” from Steel Seraph, a game made with Stencyl.
- ArmorPaint. Teddy bear. Procedural knit fabric video by Alexander Kiryanov.
- EP5. How to add a solid color/colour GLSL fragment shader to a sprite in HaxeFlixel - Shader course video by Richard Oliver Bray.
- Rogue of Vallas Devlog 13: AI Redesign, Part 2 video by Merrak.
- Axol Studio will be hosting a livestream event on Monday, March 1st at 7pm CST to show off the second of their Monthly Mini-games: The Pawspector!
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- EP4. How to add a solid colour GLSL fragment shader to a box in HaxeFlixel - Shader course video by Richard Oliver Bray.
- “Seraphine takes off into space and flies toward the mothership, in the final push against the invasion of Hera” in Steel Seraph, a game made with Stencyl. And "4-B Ground Stage, Part 1" video (EX Xenotyrants, clearing the way for defectors from the invasion leader to escape the mothership safely) by Steel Seraph.
- The process of creating a new spaceship (Serenity) for the Jitter Sandbox game by Syo.
- The first draft of the trailer for Minicology by Isaac Denner.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- To reach their goal of helping to save one million lives every year by 2030, Laerdal is looking for a Software Platform Developer to join them in Copenhagen. Remote work is possible, but will require several days a week on site.
- Shiro Games are looking for an Engine/Graphics programmer.
- Shiro Games are still looking for people to join their team of passionate developers in Bordeaux to work on a new unannounced project.
- Bloognoo is looking for a Haxe developer to help them save live venues.
- The team behind Forge of Empires at InnoGames is looking for a Haxe developer, feel free to contact Dan Korostelev in case of any questions! More info can be found at the company’s website.
- BeeInventor Limited are hiring for a Haxe fullstack developer to join them in Taipei.
- Solar Powered Games are looking for a Haxe/OpenFL game developer to join them, check out the community posting for more detail.
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Expeditions has arrived to Northgard, bringing a new level of customisation to Northgard and townhalls & warchiefs have never looked better!
- Northgard was also featured on Lenovo Legion.
- Axol Studio has submitted “Heck House - A Chilluminati Adventure” to Newgrounds.
- Witch one? was made in 4 days for Scribble Jam in HaxeFlixel.
In case you missed it
- New update of Double Turn is out now: MAYHEM is all about tables, ladders, and cages! Check out the full patch notes for
- Dead Cells update 21 by Motion Twin has been released for consoles. Check out the full patch notes.
- Shiro Games has announced Northgard’s 5th major expansion: Expeditions. Find out more here!
- And Northgard is coming to iOS on April 13th!
- New CrossCode DLC called “A New Home” will be released on consoles this summer!
- MazeGenius 2 available on itch.io by Newlibarian via the Haxe Discord server.
v1.2has been released!
So HaxeUI v1.2 is finally here, I’ve been putting it off and putting off trying to cram as much as I can inside it, at this point though I think I just need to put it out into the wild! Warning this will likely be a HUGE post as there are a few things to mention, but they’ll be lots of pretty pictures, so that will hopefully take the edge off!
- In next update of LDtk by Sébastien Bénard, resizable entities with custom properties and tags will allow creation of region layers, doors with adjustable height, water pools with specific props etc.
- Sunjammer has been messing with GOAP
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- Berserker and Thumbnail Maker, made with Heaps, featured by itcho.io.
- “Spiders will be very present in the new forest. 𝕯𝖚𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖔𝖓 𝕻𝖊𝖘𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖓𝖙𝖗𝖔𝖑 is no more only about dungeons!”, which is available on itch.io by Filippo Bodei, created with HaxeFlixel. Also check out the new biome recently added.
- “If you win a game then expect the manager to jump in the bath with the ladz after the match!” in Jano Games football manager game made with Stencyl.
- GlassySundew previews the recently added parallax to their Heaps pixel art space game.
- Auto-fire, plus cycling shots made easy with Haxe enum’s in Techy Wrinkles shmup game, made with OpenFL. Plus, playing with Actuate for bezier path movement.
- Axol Studio share a screenshot from The Pawspector.
- Spirkop are working on coal power plant mechanics.
- After 3 long years Renaine main character’s getting the update she deserves!
- Squidly has accidentally unlocked Hyper Turbo Mode.
- Arrows are in Mine Blocks beta.
- Gravity slingshot frim
WIPgame by Robert Alvarez.
- Not a game, but the spinning/label-changing can portion of https://drinkgradient.com/ and if you’re of legal drinking age, is Heaps powered with some overlays. via altef from Haxe Discord server.
- New videos and screenshots from
WIPpuzzle game by mauve:
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
- Add Null coalescing operator proposal.
- Add local static proposal.
- Allow enums to opt-out of publishing their constructors in the implicit global scope proposal.
- Add destructive assignments proposal.
- Add Matcher: setting variables and guard as expression in a pattern proposal.
- Add Single pattern check proposal.
- Add Shorthand nullable-type syntax proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
28~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
[draft]Coroutine Experiments pull request.
[draft]Coroutine experiments NodeJS prompt line example.
[hashlink]SDL/DX: Add mouse handling API pull request.
[hashlink]GL: Add support for tex sub operations merged.
[analyzer]Local DCE vs. infinite loop issue.
[cpp,hl]Disable lossy implicit cast of
In case you missed it
- Operator overload for calling an abstract issue, with an early example using nightly builds.
- Type parameter broken in multiType abstract issue.
- Rest arguments for parameterized methods fail issue.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and have a good week!