Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Creating a AWS Lambda function with Haxe article by Joseph Manley, with source code available on GitHub.
- Alex Lanzetta has written “First 3 Months of Mine Blocks Beta!”.
- Feathers UI Devlog: Alert, Header, scrolling pixel snapping, and
- Some Haxe love on Reddit.
- HF Breakout 1 - Anatomy of a Project article by Andrej.
In case you missed it
4.2.0has been released!
- With lots of attention on Hacker News.
2.22.0has been released.
- Pecan coroutines announcement.
pecan is a macro-based library for Haxe that lets you write coroutines, which are functions that can suspend their execution at any point.
- PogoGirl Devlog
#12: Power Up! by Andrej.
- EP4. How to add a solid colour GLSL fragment shader to a box in HaxeFlixel - Shader course video by Richard Oliver Bray.
- “Seraphine takes off into space and flies toward the mothership, in the final push against the invasion of Hera” in Steel Seraph, a game made with Stencyl. And "4-B Ground Stage, Part 1" video (EX Xenotyrants, clearing the way for defectors from the invasion leader to escape the mothership safely) by Steel Seraph.
- The process of creating a new spaceship (Serenity) for the Jitter Sandbox game by Syo.
- The first draft of the trailer for Minicology by Isaac Denner.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- ArmorPaint. News for February 4, 2021 by Alexander Kiryanov.
- FierceTheBandit has released Super Cosmic Land’s OST, available on Newgrounds.
- Rogue of Vallas Devlog 12: AI Redesign - Part 1 video by Merrak.
- EP3. How to quickly setup HaxeFlixel from scratch - Shader course video by Richard Oliver Bray.ga).
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Javid Jafari is looking for a job.
- Joshua Granick is looking for paid work.
- Justin Mills is looking for a fulltime job. Justin is an ex Flash/AIR/Away3D/Papervision3D expert who’s been using Haxe for 10 years, a good lateral thinker & loves visual stuff, maths and capable at fine art.
- Andreas Drewke is looking for a part time job.
- Torcado is looking for a publisher/indie fund to help him fund the rest of the development for Heck Deck. He would love to know any recommendations you may have.
- Shiro Games are still looking for people to join their team of passionate developers in Bordeaux to work on a new unannounced project.
- Bloognoo is looking for a Haxe developer to help them save live venues.
- The team behind Forge of Empires at InnoGames is looking for a Haxe developer, feel free to contact Dan Korostelev in case of any questions! More info can be found at the company’s website.
- BeeInventor Limited are hiring for a Haxe fullstack developer to join them in Taipei.
- Solar Powered Games are looking for a Haxe/OpenFL game developer to join them, check out the community posting for more detail.
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- New update of Double Turn is out now: MAYHEM is all about tables, ladders, and cages! Check out the full patch notes for
- Dead Cells update 21 by Motion Twin has been released for consoles. Check out the full patch notes.
- Shiro Games has announced Northgard’s 5th major expansion: Expeditions. Find out more here!
- And Northgard is coming to iOS on April 13th!
- New CrossCode DLC called “A New Home” will be released on consoles this summer!
- MazeGenius 2 available on itch.io by Newlibarian via the Haxe Discord server.
In case you missed it
- Michael Miriti has made a demake of UnRailed! by Indoor Astronaut for
#nokiajam, available on itch.io, made with Heaps.
- Heck House and Spooksville, USA by Axol Studio now have playable Mac and Linux versions.
- Axol Studio has also introduced their 2nd Monthly Mini-Game: The Pawspector! Explore a rugged & dangerous valley to collect gold - but be careful! This valley carries a deadly curse!
- Ian Harrigan shows HaxeUI now has a native TableView, plus efficiency improvements to both ListView and TableView with regard to changing data sources, with the preview showing HTML5 and HxWidgets backends.
- And the HaxeFlixel backend for HaxeUI doesn’t use the blocky win95-esque theme by default any more, but its still there, with the default theme being nicer and the dark mode version of it works nicely too.
git- Haxe short and “simple” library. Includes various classes to help you work.
git- Haxe Version Manager.
git- A Haxe port of Yarn Spinner.
git- A replacement standard library for Haxe
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- Jano Games is playing around with the style of the menu screen in their football manager pixel art game, made with Stencyl, while also making defending your goal harder in One Season Wonder. Use different attack scenarios to score.
- Snsvrno previews a prototype project made with Heaps which their happy with, a kind of twin-sticks, Zelda like experiment. But Snsvrno is making a good progress with the prototype and Snsvrno now has dynamic lane building based on paths.
- Techy Wrinkles tried implementing that arcade/snakey-boss movement, which was quite simple. Made with OpenFL.
- Techy Wrinkles has also spent a time figuring out boundary hazards.
- The President of Space is sick of the lava caves, so here’s the entrance to the metal robot caves. Made with HaxeFlixel.
- ʇ0mmy shows a sneak peak of an application using their Haxe/Kha framework running Unreal Engine as a sub-renderer, testing the metahumans project, live in the viewport with raytracing enabled.
- JR 01 has made a easing FlowLab bundle.
- New quick video from
WIPHeaps game by GlassySundew.
- Robert Alvarez is working on a platformer with 4-way gravity.
- Whenever spritesheet code breaks, Andrej gets beaches where they don’t belong.
- And Anrej is still busy reworking Tiled setup.
- Management game by Nyrh from Haxe Discord server is starting to finally see some life in it.
- A little webaudio experiment with SunVox library and Wasm with Feathers UI by Michael Schmalle.
- BloodNinja’s game compiled to Linux.
- New screenshots from Oleg Dolya:
- New videos and GIFs from
- A couple of quick videos from Leapin Lads by Cory Alex Martin:
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
- Add Null coalescing operator proposal.
- Add local static proposal.
- Allow enums to opt-out of publishing their constructors in the implicit global scope proposal.
- Add destructive assignments proposal.
- Add Matcher: setting variables and guard as expression in a pattern proposal.
- Add Single pattern check proposal.
- Add Shorthand nullable-type syntax proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
27~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Operator overload for calling an abstract issue, with an early example using nightly builds.
- Type parameter broken in multiType abstract issue.
- Rest arguments for parameterized methods fail issue.
In case you missed it
@:usingnot working as intended when handling
- Suggestion: cpp
Int64should not implicitly cast to
[jvm]Request for implementation of JSR-45 Source Maps to allow for debugging with IDEs and JDB feature request.
String -> ConstCharStargenerates invalid code issue.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and have a good week!