Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
4.2.0has been released!
- With lots of attention on Hacker News.
2.22.0has been released.
- Pecan coroutines announcement.
pecan is a macro-based library for Haxe that lets you write coroutines, which are functions that can suspend their execution at any point.
- PogoGirl Devlog
#12: Power Up! by Andrej.
In case you missed it
- You can now support Feathers UI with GitHub Sponsors.
- Collision and Overlap HaxeFlixel tutorial by Andrej from Ohsat Games.
- The latest HaxeFlixel tutorial by Kino Rose, Simple Text Cutscene article.
- Rat King has written an article about his game’s ray-caster engine.
- March of the Machines: DQ2 progress report for December 2020 and January 2021 by Lars Doucet.
- Medieval Fantasy City Generator
0.8.1: Major UI changes post by Oleg Dolya.
- ArmorPaint. News for February 4, 2021 by Alexander Kiryanov.
- FierceTheBandit has released Super Cosmic Land’s OST, available on Newgrounds.
- Rogue of Vallas Devlog 12: AI Redesign - Part 1 video by Merrak.
- EP3. How to quickly setup HaxeFlixel from scratch - Shader course video by Richard Oliver Bray.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Javid Jafari is looking for a job.
- Joshua Granick is looking for paid work.
- Justin Mills is looking for a fulltime job. Justin is an ex Flash/AIR/Away3D/Papervision3D expert who’s been using Haxe for 10 years, a good lateral thinker & loves visual stuff, maths and capable at fine art.
- Andreas Drewke is looking for a part time job.
- Torcado is looking for a publisher/indie fund to help him fund the rest of the development for Heck Deck. He would love to know any recommendations you may have.
- Shiro Games are still looking for people to join their team of passionate developers in Bordeaux to work on a new unannounced project.
- Bloognoo is looking for a Haxe developer to help them save live venues.
- The team behind Forge of Empires at InnoGames is looking for a Haxe developer, feel free to contact Dan Korostelev in case of any questions! More info can be found at the company’s website.
- BeeInventor Limited are hiring for a Haxe fullstack developer to join them in Taipei.
- Solar Powered Games are looking for a Haxe/OpenFL game developer to join them, check out the community posting for more detail.
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Michael Miriti has made a demake of UnRailed! by Indoor Astronaut for
#nokiajam, available on itch.io, made with Heaps.
- Heck House and Spooksville, USA by Axol Studio now have playable Mac and Linux versions.
- Axol Studio has also introduced their 2nd Monthly Mini-Game: The Pawspector! Explore a rugged & dangerous valley to collect gold - but be careful! This valley carries a deadly curse!
In case you missed it
- Robert Alvarez newest puzzle game, Polarity Switch, is available on itch.io and Newgrounds. Made with Stencyl.
- Cody Claborn created a game called Spooky Signals for the
#GGJ21jam, while also learning more about Heaps. Source code available on GitHub.
- Pirhana has completed their game for the
#BTPGameJam, an addictive matching game about clearing your board, available on itch.io, with the source code available on GitHub.
- Rat King has uploaded their ray caster project created for the
- A new Mine Blocks Beta update is out now!
- Found in Space is a
#GGJ2021entry by Bit Decay Games, made with HaxeFlixel.
- Ghost Rush is another
#GGJ2021entry, made with Armory3D.
- Axol Studio has released two games, Repossessed which is their FIRST of 2021 Monthly Mini-games and Spooksville, USA.
- Packaging NPM dependencies into a JS/Haxe Application by Tom Byrne.
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the code.haxe.org cookbook.
- Gepatto previews FlxTeroids running on a Raspberry Pi 4 using HaxeFlixel and shows another video of HaxeFlixel Pong on the Pi 4 with a custom USB rotary Encoder. Based on HaxeFlixel Crash Course tutorial by Andrej.
- Lubos Lenco is working on procedural edge wear materials for ArmorPaint.
0.1.3has been released.
[genes]Rough support of multiple types in dynamic import merged.
[armory3d]Add support for shadow map atlasing pull request.
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- Syo has transferred the mechanics from the old prototype to the Jitter Sandbox game, now that everything works exactly as it should, made with Heaps.
- Jano Games is starting work on the game simulator for One Season Wonder, made with Stencyl, but they’ve made it harder to score now…
- Fresh Juice previews prison break: stealth mode in Sharpeye, a pixel art game made with Stencyl.
- Snsvrno previews a prototype game, which has been a challenge to code due to complex curves. But they have simple queuing and multiple lanes working, all made with Heaps.
- Modern-looking procgen mansion by Oleg Dolya. 🏠
- RobClemmonsJr got some new plant shop pixel art for Moon plants of horror.
- Upcoming new arena setup in Double Turn by Kenny Goff.
- Torcado is working on Heck Deck full time now. The game will be published by Plug In Digital.
- Andretchen from Haxe Discord server has made Crush course for Weekly Game Jam 186 using using Haxe, Heaps and deepnightlibs.
- NorDev has shared some progress on node based fluid solver:
- Rosa Hernández has shared some photos and GIFs of Hvem Spiser Hvem? by ʇ0mmy:
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
- Add Null coalescing operator proposal.
- Add local static proposal.
- Allow enums to opt-out of publishing their constructors in the implicit global scope proposal.
- Add destructive assignments proposal.
- Add Matcher: setting variables and guard as expression in a pattern proposal.
- Add Single pattern check proposal.
- Add Shorthand nullable-type syntax proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
12~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
@:usingnot working as intended when handling
- Suggestion: cpp
Int64should not implicitly cast to
[jvm]Request for implementation of JSR-45 Source Maps to allow for debugging with IDEs and JDB feature request.
String -> ConstCharStargenerates invalid code issue.
In case you missed it
- Enum abstract should be String fixed.
- Add ability to query adjacent entries of a
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and have a good week!