Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- You can now support Feathers UI with GitHub Sponsors.
- Collision and Overlap HaxeFlixel tutorial by Andrej from Ohsat Games.
- The latest HaxeFlixel tutorial by Kino Rose, Simple Text Cutscene article.
- Rat King has written an article about his game’s ray-caster engine.
- March of the Machines: DQ2 progress report for December 2020 and January 2021 by Lars Doucet.
- Medieval Fantasy City Generator
0.8.1: Major UI changes post by Oleg Dolya.
In case you missed it
- Andrej from Ohsat Games has posted the Pixel Perfect 2D Water Shader HaxeFlixel tutorial, HaxeFlixel Crash Course: Make a Pong Game in Under 1 Hour and PogoGirl Devlog
#11: HUD and Stuff!
- Jake Albano has written A week of Haxe after being away for six years and the follow-up Haxe still has problems.
- Feathers UI has posted over on KickStarter their latest devlog - Form, FormItem, ButtonBar and another look at what was in
- AMA: With the Dead Cells Devs over on Reddit.
- Progress on
0.8.1and plans for the desktop version of MFCG by Oleg Dolya.
- “Free and open source modern level editor LDtk has a huge new release” article has been published over on GamingOnLinux.
- Axol Studio has made a post-mortem stream on Twitch about their game Repossessed.
- How to create a simple GLSL shader in VSCode - Part 2 - Shader Course video by Richard Oliver Bray.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Javid Jafari is looking for a job.
- Joshua Granick is looking for paid work.
- Justin Mills is looking for a fulltime job. Justin is an ex Flash/AIR/Away3D/Papervision3D expert who’s been using Haxe for 10 years, a good lateral thinker & loves visual stuff, maths and capable at fine art.
- Andreas Drewke is looking for a part time job.
- Torcado is looking for a publisher/indie fund to help him fund the rest of the development for Heck Deck. He would love to know any recommendations you may have.
- Shiro Games are still looking for people to join their team of passionate developers in Bordeaux to work on a new unannounced project.
- Bloognoo is looking for a Haxe developer to help them save live venues.
- The team behind Forge of Empires at InnoGames is looking for a Haxe developer, feel free to contact Dan Korostelev in case of any questions! More info can be found at the company’s website.
- BeeInventor Limited are hiring for a Haxe fullstack developer to join them in Taipei.
- Solar Powered Games are looking for a Haxe/OpenFL game developer to join them, check out the community posting for more detail.
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Robert Alvarez newest puzzle game, Polarity Switch, is available on itch.io and Newgrounds. Made with Stencyl.
- Cody Claborn created a game called Spooky Signals for the
#GGJ21jam, while also learning more about Heaps. Source code available on GitHub.
- Pirhana has completed their game for the
#BTPGameJam, an addictive matching game about clearing your board, available on itch.io, with the source code available on GitHub.
- Rat King has uploaded their ray caster project created for the
- A new Mine Blocks Beta update is out now!
- Found in Space is a
#GGJ2021entry by Bit Decay Games, made with HaxeFlixel.
- Ghost Rush is another
#GGJ2021entry, made with Armory3D.
- Axol Studio has released two games, Repossessed which is their FIRST of 2021 Monthly Mini-games and Spooksville, USA.
In case you missed it
- Dead Cells: Fatal Falls DLC by Motion Twin is out now on Steam and the Nintendo Switch!
- Axol Studio are making a new game every month in 2021, using HaxeFlixel. You can join their patreon, with which you’ll gain access to source code and their Discord server. The First Release Party of the year - Spooksville, USA - will be on
02/01at 8pm CST and will be streamed on Twitch, with Game 01 Day 20 already available.
- Andretchen has made a game with Heaps & deepnightLibs for the Weekly Game Jam 184: Thumb War.
2021.2have been released.
0.7.1have been released.
This release disables luxe backend in favor of the new clay backend, to export to windows, mac, linux, ios, android and html5 platforms.
[haxe-c-bridge]Enable passing strings and arbitrary haxe types to C via an opaque pointer merged.
- Haxe and Heaps example repo demonstrating super simple concepts with Heaps.
git- open (world) map gen - generate a map for an open world game.
git- An experimental programming language that’s made to be powerful, productive, and predictable.
git- A modern statically typed functional programming language from the future.
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- Alex Lanzetta’s “11 games in 60 seconds” elevator pitch video!
- The latest preview of Steel Seraph, a game made with Stencyl.
- Birds are now causing your manager to fall over, in Jano Games football manager game made in Stencyl.
- Manuel Alabor is exploring game dev concepts with LDtk, Haxe and Heaps.
- The Renaine team is proud to announce: More bees!
- Techy Wrinkles got basic map loading, collision working for
- “…what’s that floating in the sky?” by Andrej.
- Survival test in Fault: added drops and stuffssss.
- Still stuck on the lava level of Caverns of Ksantarus. But at least President of Space is moving forward - steadily, even if slowly.
- Fab has added enemies to
- Starting on the map generator… by zvava from Haxe Discord server.
- A couple of new screenshots from Oleg Dolya:
- A couple of GIFs by Nyrh from Haxe Discord server:
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
- Add Null coalescing operator proposal.
- Add local static proposal.
- Allow enums to opt-out of publishing their constructors in the implicit global scope proposal.
- Add destructive assignments proposal.
- Add Matcher: setting variables and guard as expression in a pattern proposal.
- Add Single pattern check proposal.
- Add Shorthand nullable-type syntax proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
23~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Enum abstract should be String fixed.
- Add ability to query adjacent entries of a
In case you missed it
- Meta for methods that do not need a body suggestion.
- Null-safe std pull request.
- Weird implicit cast hangs the compiler in pattern matching issue.
[jvm]Unexpected/Broken behaviour when working with public properties in class from external Jar issue.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and have a good week!