Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Andrej from Ohsat Games has posted the Pixel Perfect 2D Water Shader HaxeFlixel tutorial, HaxeFlixel Crash Course: Make a Pong Game in Under 1 Hour and PogoGirl Devlog
#11: HUD and Stuff!
- Jake Albano has written A week of Haxe after being away for six years and the follow-up Haxe still has problems.
- Feathers UI has posted over on KickStarter their latest devlog - Form, FormItem, ButtonBar and another look at what was in
- AMA: With the Dead Cells Devs over on Reddit.
- Progress on
0.8.1and plans for the desktop version of MFCG by Oleg Dolya.
- “Free and open source modern level editor LDtk has a huge new release” article has been published over on GamingOnLinux.
In case you missed it
- Richard Oliver Bray has released the first video of a 16 part series about GLSL shaders and HaxeFlixel. Tune in every Thursday afternoon for a new video!
- Rogue of Vallas Devlog 11: User Interface Design video by Merrak.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Javid Jafari is looking for a job.
- Joshua Granick is looking for paid work.
- Justin Mills is looking for a fulltime job. Justin is an ex Flash/AIR/Away3D/Papervision3D expert who’s been using Haxe for 10 years, a good lateral thinker & loves visual stuff, maths and capable at fine art.
- Andreas Drewke is looking for a part time job.
- Torcado is looking for a publisher/indie fund to help him fund the rest of the development for Heck Deck. He would love to know any recommendations you may have.
- Shiro Games are still looking for people to join their team of passionate developers in Bordeaux to work on a new unannounced project.
- Bloognoo is looking for a Haxe developer to help them save live venues.
- The team behind Forge of Empires at InnoGames is looking for a Haxe developer, feel free to contact Dan Korostelev in case of any questions! More info can be found at the company’s website.
- BeeInventor Limited are hiring for a Haxe fullstack developer to join them in Taipei.
- Solar Powered Games are looking for a Haxe/OpenFL game developer to join them, check out the community posting for more detail.
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Dead Cells: Fatal Falls DLC by Motion Twin is out now on Steam and the Nintendo Switch!
- Axol Studio are making a new game every month in 2021, using HaxeFlixel. You can join their patreon, with which you’ll gain access to source code and their Discord server. The First Release Party of the year - Spooksville, USA - will be on
02/01at 8pm CST and will be streamed on Twitch, with Game 01 Day 20 already available.
- Andretchen has made a game with Heaps & deepnightLibs for the Weekly Game Jam 184: Thumb War.
In case you missed it
- Dead Cells: Fatal Falls DLC will be released for PC & consoles on 26th January!
- The post-jam version of “Are you there?” by Snappy Sloth is out now on itch.io. Check out the devlog for the latest information.
- Lugren has updated the basic attack behaviours in their “AI and Combat Pack”. Check out the bundle over on itch.io! Made in Stencyl.
- Alex Lanzetta has released the “Collector’s Bundle”, which includes 11 Flash games faithfully preserved, with a launcher that tracks all 100 achievements.
- Kenny Goff has released Micro Shooter, a tiny 1 pixel art, space shooter built in 1 week, using his own
WIPengine, playable now in the Browser.
- Avace from the Haxe Discord server has spent a few days creating their first game built using HaxeFlixel.
- Ian Harrigan previews the next upcoming release of HaxeUI!
- Tommy shares a screenshot of a game they wrote in Kha, using LibVLC as a video replacement, with the background being a
H.264video and the foreground elements being bitmaps, text and Spine animated assets!
- Tommy also shows off the initial Haxe test of their new LibVLC based video player, ported from Kha and running in OpenFL!
- LDtk version
0.7.0– Getting serious has been released, as well as versions
This update features many important changes to make LDtk production ready and future proof. These changes will allow better support for large projects, better API creation and maintenance, and smoother user adoption. We are getting really close to
- Sébastien Bénard has started working on the Ogmo -> LDtk importer.
0.8.0has been released.
git- A simple barebones FFT library implemented in Haxe for cross-platform signal processing.
githas been updated to Three.js
r125release by tong.
- Daniel Blaker made ShadowLife
gitGitHub repository public.
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- Cory shows off some menu stuff and the adventures of lanky lad in Leapin Lads, their game made in Stencyl.
- JanoGames shows how to earn kudos with the chairman in their football manager pixel art game made in Stencyl.
- GhostID has released a new update for Fault, with optimized rendering, new save system and simpler GUI in the first full alpha release.
- Rat King has added top and bottom walls to their ray-caster, made with Kha and for
- Vantreeseba previews a custom Unity tool/window calling a Haxe compiled library.
- NorDev shares an early preview of their soon to be released node based fluid solver, entirely built from scratch using Kha.
- “This tileset’s gonna be so good when it’s all complete” by Mauve.
- Boss animation progress result by Gourami for Renaine.
- Austin East is on a roll with this one. This is how it looks under the hood - each blade of grass is made up of a quad (2 triangles) for the body, and 1 triangle for its tip
- A new screenshot from
WIPgame by ustance from Kha discord server.
- R.c from Haxe Discord server is still trying out various methods of procedural terrain generation in Heaps.
- Elton Silva is drawing sprites and doing improvements for Clawslands.
- A couple of new GIFs from new
WIPpuzzle game by Robert Alvarez:
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
- Add Null coalescing operator proposal.
- Add local static proposal.
- Allow enums to opt-out of publishing their constructors in the implicit global scope proposal.
- Add destructive assignments proposal.
- Add Matcher: setting variables and guard as expression in a pattern proposal.
- Add Single pattern check proposal.
- Add Shorthand nullable-type syntax proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
18~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Nothing of interest this week.
In case you missed it
- Meta for methods that do not need a body suggestion.
- Null-safe std pull request.
- Weird implicit cast hangs the compiler in pattern matching issue.
[jvm]Unexpected/Broken behaviour when working with public properties in class from external Jar issue.
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and have a good week!