Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- McLeodGaming discusses their OpenFL-powered homebrew editor FrayTools for their upcoming Heaps-based game, Fraymakers.
- Fraymakers are doing great with their Kickstarter campaign! The next stretch goal is a full metal alternate soundtrack. 🎶
- HaxeFlixel Tutorials! announcement by Andrej from Ohsat Games.
- Kino Rose has published “Why I Use Haxe As My Language of Choice”.
- Village Generator
1.2.3by Oleg Dolya is available, featuring new trees, SVG export and more.
- How to interchange data including structures between engine and scripting language community question.
- Getting started with Cocos Creator and Pony guide by AxG.
In case you missed it
- McLeodGaming just launched a Kickstarter campaign for their upcoming customizable 2D platform fighter named Fraymakers, powered by Heaps!
- Feathers UI
beta.1for Haxe and OpenFL is now available! The latest of multiple preview builds that are planned before the first stable release in 2021!
- Open source Haxe track on Exercism is looking for assistance getting everything up to date.
- Sébastien Bénard has added support for “linear” worlds to LDtk in next update (in “linear world” levels are organized one after the other). Re-organizing your levels using drag’n’drop is such a pleasure!
4.0.4is available for download! Check out the list of changes over on the community forum.
- Vadim Dyachenko made a web-based icon converter, read the introductory post about it. Also Vadim has written about giving Neko VM executables a custom icon.
- Rogue of Vallas Devlog
#6: State Governance video by Merrak.
- How to use FlxSubState to create a level complete screen in HaxeFlixel video by Richard Oliver Bray.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
In case you missed it
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Javid Jafari is looking for a job.
- Joshua Granick is looking for paid work.
- Justin Mills is looking for a fulltime job. Justin is an ex Flash/AIR/Away3D/Papervision3D expert who’s been using Haxe for 10 years, a good lateral thinker & loves visual stuff, maths and capable at fine art.
- Andreas Drewke is looking for a part time job.
- Kevin Leung is wondering if any Haxe Australian companies are hiring?
- Torcado is looking for a publisher/indie fund to help him fund the rest of the development for Heck Deck. He would love to know any recommendations you may have.
- Shiro Games are still looking for people to join their team of passionate developers in Bordeaux to work on a new unannounced project.
- Bloognoo is looking for a Haxe developer to help them save live venues.
- The team behind Forge of Empires at InnoGames is looking for a Haxe developer, feel free to contact Dan Korostelev in case of any questions! More info can be found at the company’s website.
- Squidly has opened up a bounties page for HaxeFlixel features.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- CrossCode is in early access on Amazon Luna!
- The Clan of the Dragon from Northgard is now available on Nintendo Switch and Xbox One and will be released on PlayStation 4 a bit later.
In case you missed it
- Shiro Games will be releasing the Clan of the Dragon on consoles for Northgard on 25th November, due to some late certification issues.
- Luyren has released their AI and Combat packs! Add combat, special skills and enemy AI to your Stencyl games!
- Mine Blocks “The Hardcore Update”
1.30.0is out, the final Flash version of Mine Blocks.
- Mine Blocks
1.30.2is out which fixes super broken chests, but more importantly adds zombies with afros.
- Steel Seraph is
66%off on Gamejolt and Itch.io until November 25th.
- Ian Harrigan has made some small nice additions to HaxeUI’s tables to make working with dynamic data and variable item renderers more pleasant.
- A small cheat-sheet on HXSL shaders by Pavel Alexandrov.
- Floor and ceiling triangulation are almost done for Kealan Evens’ Doom engine.
0.0.7-Alphahas been released.
- Jérémy Fa is almost feature complete regarding handling graphics for his Ceramic engine using Unity as a backend. In this GIF you can see Bunnymark test running within the editor.
- Ludovic Bas has ported the Flash Starling particle editor to HTML5 with OpenFL, with the source available on GitHub.
- Ninja_muffin99 been busy these past few weeks, and released Friday Night Funkin
git- Agnostic data access. DDOM uses selectors to access data in an agnostic way. It is similar to DOM/CSS/JQuery selectors, but has some unique aspects due to how data can be managed and the potentially circular nature of data references.
git- DDOM database access helpers.
git- A rouge-like game.
git- Nested layout containers in Haxe based on Jasper library.
git- A tiny Haxe framework for working with the DOM API.
git- Helper library for using LWJGL with the Haxe JVM target.
git- Synchronized video viewing with chat and other features. Lightweight modern implementation and very easy way to run locally.
git- Pure Haxe implementation of the BSON spec.
git- A multiplayer browser game with Wikipedia API. Challenge your friend and be the first to go from one page to another. Made with Haxe and HxNodeJS.
git- Set up your GitHub Actions workflow with a specific version of the Dart SDK.
- Simple platformer prototype
gitby Andrej Kesely made using Haxe and Heaps.io.
git- HTML5 game framework combining Haxe, Phaser, Babylon.js and Ash.
git- A Cave Generator based on Cellular Automata.
git- Human-friendly HSL, reference implementation.
- haxeflixel-snake prototype made by Harpwood. The the source code is available on GitHub.
- Daniel Blaker is working on little Minecraft-like thing built with voxel
gitwhich uses Kha and Haxe:
- Check out the latest open source Haxe projects over on GitHub.
- Oh yeah, it’s all coming together 🔪🐦 via Renaine.
- The President of Space has added a new font, tests bubbles and tutorial messages in Caverns of Ksantarus, a metroidvania game made with HaxeFlixel.
- A very nice lady from
WIPgame by mauve.
- These doors open only when a certain number of enemies are killed in the
WIPpuzzle game by Robert Alvarez.
- Tom Brinton is working on some new levels for Poor Thief! (made with Stencyl).
- A platformer, a hard to reach collectible and a HUD that keeps track of them. You know how this goes, right? from Go! Go! PogoGirl by Andrej.
- Arachnowopunk (made with OpenFL) by Benny Heller is now free on Android. There’s also a new update, here are couple of new GIFs from the game:
- New screenshots from
WIPGitHubGameOff entry by Snappy Sloth:
- Check out the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Pavel Alexandrov is primarily contributing to the Heaps engine and is the creator of format-tiled library.
- Ian Harrigan is working on primarily HaxeUI, as well as hxArduino & hxWebSockets.
- Kaelan Evans is working on HxDoom, a Haxe adaption of Doom.
- Richard Oliver Bray is teaching people the things he’s learnt, like React, Typescript and Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is developing Pony, a Haxe open-cross-library.
- Andy Li is working around the Haxe ecosystem: CI, packaging, docs and learning materials.
- Kevin Leung is creating open source software libraries.
- Robert Konrad, the Kha author, is creating Programming Toolkits.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross platform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add Enum abstract instances proposal.
- Add Null coalescing operator proposal.
- Add local static proposal.
- Allow enums to opt-out of publishing their constructors in the implicit global scope proposal.
- Add destructive assignments proposal.
- Add Matcher: setting variables and guard as expression in a pattern proposal.
- Add Single pattern check proposal.
- Add Shorthand nullable-type syntax proposal.
- Add support for on site getters & setters proposal.
- Add support for
Selfaccess for abstracts proposal.
[RFC]Xml Dsl’s discussion.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
13~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Abstract type cannot modify itself with
- Variable / Rest arguments pull request. This implements rest arguments as an abstract over targets native corresponding features.
In case you missed it
Take it easy everyone, stay safe and have a good week!